It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre big rig wreck shuts down Houston highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

How did this truck make it up there without a tornado? I can't see this truck even getting stuck like that with a truck passing that sign. OMG too weird.

HOUSTON – All northbound lanes of Interstate 45 were shut down for several hours Tuesday after a bizarre wreck involving an 18-wheeler.

A gravel truck's trailer ended up at a 45-degree angle, leaning against an overhead beam holding up an exit sign at Airline Drive. The cab of the big rig separated from the trailer after the hydraulic lift malfunctioned.

No one was hurt.

www.wfaa.com...

edit on 9-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Was there any explanation for this? seems pretty weird that no one knows how this happened?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Maybe the trailer disconnected and when the driver hit the brakes it ramped up the cab?

Just throwing out an idea haha. Cool pic.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I don't know, my dad just told me about it. The website has more photos of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Awesome pic, this being ATS I'm going to blame HAARP

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That defies explanation.

In fact, I can't imagine any scenario where something like that could happen outside of a Hollywood comedy film. What's even more amazing is that it seems the cross beam over the freeway seems to actually be supporting the weight of that trailer bed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Pretty crazy. Enough weight in the back end of the trailer could cause the front end to rise. I would guess that enough gravel or whatever that truck was carrying shifted to the tail end, but who knows?
edit on 9-8-2011 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I don't know anything about trucks, but this cought my attention.

The cab of the big rig separated from the trailer after the hydraulic lift malfunctioned.

amazing no one was hurt. it could have been a lot worse.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Wow, this is two exits from my home, luckily I didnt have to travel that way to work, I-45 is always backed for some reason. Even at 1 am on a sunday or monday night

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The hint as to what happened is in the article..hydraulic lift malfunction.
The malfunctioning lift raised the trailer into the dump position and the trailer hit the sign ..the impact tore the truck and trailer apart .
edit on 9-8-2011 by granpabobby because: add content

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm guessing the driver had dumped his load and forgot to lower the trailer or, it raised when the hydraulic lift malfunctioned?

If either is the case, you'll hear stories from other drivers how they saw this truck headed down the highway with his trailer up in the air.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It appears that the driver likely forgot to disengage the truck's PTO (Power Take Off) after dumping his last load of gravel, and the pump control lever may have been knocked into the "up" position as the truck was being driven. This would cause, and enable, the dump bed to go up high enough to collide with the overhead sign.

There is normally a warning light, or buzzer, in these types of trucks to warn the driver that the PTO is still engaged. They don't always work, and drivers don't always pay attention to them though. I have also seen many of these systems disabled by drivers, or owners, because the light or buzzer might stay on when the PTO is actually disengaged.

Warning systems in cars and trucks are quite often not considered worthy of repair, unfortunately, and this should be lesson for those that feel this way.

See ya,
Milt

PS:
It looks to me like the hydraulic lift worked perfectly. If not, the dump bed wouldn't have went up!
edit on 9-8-2011 by BenReclused because: Add a PS

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rexamus

Nice guess, but with the trailer axles as far back as they are, that isn't possible.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The gravitational pull from the brown dwarf called Nibiru or Planet X, along with two incoming alien mother ships, in conjunction with the atmospheric heating and scalar squares directed from HAARP, were amplified by an unknown device from the reptilians working underground with the US Air Force, to direct an energy beam that cause the trailer to lift from its secure kingpin connection on the tractor and cause it to fly up hitting the overpass sign.

Either that, or the truck driver was driving slow enough, and the trailer was high enough to hit the sign and cause it to get wedged like it did.

I love ATS!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
The gravitational pull from the brown dwarf called Nibiru or Planet X, along with two incoming alien mother ships, in conjunction with the atmospheric heating and scalar squares directed from HAARP, were amplified by an unknown device from the reptilians working underground with the US Air Force, to direct an energy beam that cause the trailer to lift from its secure kingpin connection on the tractor and cause it to fly up hitting the overpass sign.

I feel that you have shown that I was likely wrong!

You just made my day! Thanks!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 10-8-2011 by BenReclused because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

join