It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Unpatriotic Invasion of Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I feel as if I have a say on the 'war'. First, this had most likely been covered on multiple occasions: What is going over seas is not a war. Second, I am part of the generation that has grown up knowing/remembering nothing but the sad, depressing news. I was in second grade when the Twin Towers were hit. Now, being able to understand, I want to cry for all those families, friends, loved ones who were harmed in any way. I have grown up in a household that loves to have political disscussions. I have debated politics with my parents since about fifth grade. And the war comes ... a lot.

As much as this should have never happened, it did. I do not support the war itself, I do, however, support our troops. OUr troops are suffering along with strangers from another country who did not want our invasion and "help". There was no reason to place any troops in any country. But, that has been realized by thousands and thousands of people and our current president. As much as I like our current president, he has done a few things to throw me off his team, however, I am still a loyal supporter of him. Now, people get mad and stomp their feet because Obama said he'd get the troops out.

He has gotten some out and YES there are some left in there. But he cant pull out all the troops for the countries we are in would go crazy, we could be attacked again and that would be grounds for a REAL war. We are trying to get out of this insanity without causing more insanity.

I do not personally know anyone who has been sent over seas, but I know people who have had their uncle, brother, cousin, father etc sent over. It is a devestating feeling. It is a scary feeling. It may be one of the worst feelings in the world. And we do not deserve to feel it. I want the troops to come home as much as the next person, and it is hard to accept the fact that it may be a few more years before they all come home.

Writing this and thinking these things make me very emotional ( and I am not an emotional person
) and I just wanted to get this out there for the yougner generation... this is all we have remmeberd or even known... war. Terrible news reports and our loved ones crying or dying.

So I will end here. My prayers go out to every single person who has lost a loved one or has a loved one over seas at this moment.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

War is a Racket

This isn't Anti American. But quite the contrary.

How IS this war remotely Patriotic ? As in having benefited our Nation ?
Except for the benefit of a few wealthy American families ?

Looking at where we as a Nation are today, It hasn't remotely benefited America in the least.

Our founding fathers establish a system of Government .....

Of the People, For the People and By the People ?

Did we ever vote to go to fight in Iraq ?

Major General Butler said it best in his book "War is a Racket":

WAR is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside" group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.

In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. ..... How many of these war millionaires shouldered a rifle? How many of them dug a trench? How many of them knew what it meant to go hungry in a rat-infested dug-out? How many of them spent sleepless, frightened nights, ducking shells and shrapnel and machine gun bullets? How many of them parried a bayonet thrust of an enemy? How many of them were wounded or killed in battle?

Excerpted from:

War is a Racket
USMC Major General Smedley D. Butler

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

How IS this war remotely Patriotic? As in having benefited our Nation?
Haven't u hurdd, we gawtz Osama!!

Did we ever vote to go to fight in Iraq?
Nope, the Dicktator in Chief made that decision. Did Bush even get Congressional approval for the invasion of Iraq?

Even most people who bought the official story of 9/11 didn't support the invasion of Iraq.

In the World War [I] a mere handful garnered the profits of the conflict. At least 21,000 new millionaires and billionaires were made in the United States during the World War. ..... How many of these war millionaires shouldered a rifle? How many of them dug a trench? How many of them knew what it meant to go hungry in a rat-infested dug-out? How many of them spent sleepless, frightened nights, ducking shells and shrapnel and machine gun bullets? How many of them parried a bayonet thrust of an enemy? How many of them were wounded or killed in battle?
Yep, they use the pawns/grunts to do their dirty work.
edit on 14-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Ya gotta try harder, surely you can come up with yet another "I hate Americans" thread and go for yet another star and flag fest. Grow up and make the change you keep bitching about or shut the hell up son.

How sad. Why is it that when Americans have no intelligent response at all they always go for the "America Hater" punchline? It's absolutely pathetic and indicative of just how much the government has brainwashed you. I'll expect next you'll attempt to use that other ridiculous punchline - that the world is somehow 'jealous' of you for 'freedoms'. You're all the same really, no imagination, just collectively spewing out the same old nonsense time after time.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

How sad. Why is it that when Americans have no intelligent response at all they always go for the "America Hater" punchline? It's absolutely pathetic and indicative of just how much the government has brainwashed you. I'll expect next you'll attempt to use that other ridiculous punchline - that the world is somehow 'jealous' of you for 'freedoms'. You're all the same really, no imagination, just collectively spewing out the same old nonsense time after time.
Hey, shut up! If you question the war, you hate America! I might as well be a member of Al Qaeda with my unpatriotic, anti-democratic mentality! Don't listen to the people that were actually in the Middle East fighting the war, listen to the politicians, because they know what's best.

With my anti-war belief, it's clear that I'm in the Taliban, and I'm just here spewing propaganda in the hopes of collecting flags and starts to begin converting citizens against the good-intentioned war into hateful terrorist militants.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Dear God man you're pure evil!! No seriously, how DARE you speak up and voice your opinion! How DARE you interject facts and logic into this! How DARE you to believe that your Constitution should still mean something! I mean, seriously, HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

(I'm sure there is somebody who is going to take this post seriously so, just in case, this is a disclaimer to take the above post as being completely sarcastic
).

edit on 14/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Dear God man you're pure evil!! No seriously, how DARE you speak up and voice your opinion! How DARE you interject facts and logic into this! How DARE you to believe that your Constitution should still mean something! I mean, seriously, HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!
I know, my speech is borderline treasonous. Isn't there something in the Constitution, the First Amendment I believe, that says "Thou shalt not speak out against your country"? My hateful, blasphemous actions are criminal, and I should be punished accordingly.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by justdreams

As much as this should have never happened, it did. I do not support the war itself, I do, however, support our troops. OUr troops are suffering along with strangers from another country who did not want our invasion and "help".
Yeah, they're being taken advantage of as that video exposing Halliburton's corruption showed. It's really messed up.

There was no reason to place any troops in any country. But, that has been realized by thousands and thousands of people [color=limegreen]and our current president.
If that's the case, why didn't he take out our troops immediately like he promised us? He dragged his feet for years, that's not what he promised us he would do, he said the first thing he would do in office was bring our troops home.

He has gotten some out and YES there are some left in there. But he cant pull out all the troops for the countries we are in would go crazy, we could be attacked again and that would be grounds for a REAL war. We are trying to get out of this insanity without causing more insanity.
I'm sorry dude but that's exactly what they want you to think. I had a discussion over this exact topic yesterday, I was told "We can't just leave, that would cause chaos! We would be attacked again, like another 9/11!", and it just made me want to vomit.

First of all, I would have loved to say 9/11 was an inside job as the facts show, but that's a whole different discussion that I didn't want to bother getting into. That's the beauty of the false flag attack, people were so scared and brainwashed by propaganda that they support the wars in the middle east out of fear of another attack.

If people think leaving the country would leave us vulnerable for another attack, what the hell are taxpayers paying billions of dollars for if our defense system can't do anything to protect us? Also, you don't think us occupying their country makes them more pissed off than leaving the country to themselves? Leaving their country and letting them run it would NOT make them pissed off and want to attack us, we just need to get out of there and stay out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join