It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Calling! *Exclusive photos

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I certainly do, I don't buy into the 'we are helpless sheeple' thing. We have all the power, people just need to realize it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My condolences to all of those in the U.K. having to cope with this. In the end however, I will say that my overall opinion on the social motivations for this lies with the OP.

Having stated that overall position, I would agree that there is a lazy sense of entitlement that is present in the up-and-coming generation in many western countries. I think that this is a motivator in these events. I also feel that there is certainly a loud, and possibly majority component that is made up of practiced criminals. However, I also believe that many of these people involved do feel hopeless, and angry with the established government, and are not simply lazy bums or criminals. I think that the disparity between the "haves" and the "have nots" is growing, and this is becoming glaringly apparent. Unfortunately, particularly to the age group that seems to be primarily involved, that disparity is still manifested most directly as literally... what you have or do not have. So they are going straight for the loot. It is criminal behavior, yes; but to categorize the motivation behind this as only simple thuggery I feel is reactionary and short term thinking. As it was put (paraphrase) "The pot is boiling and all of the bad is coming to the top." Although, I wouldn't call it a revolution... Yet.

However, this round of rioting has a chance to turn into something else. If enough people that are more focused (and I suspect better educated, or just plain smarter) become involved than they may begin to target government buildings, symbols etc... That's when this may become a revolution.

I think it is far more likely however, that this current episode will eventually be quelled, and we are looking at a strong potential for repeat events before this (if ever it does) becomes more focused on the government, instead of manifesting discontent by simply snatching and grabbing other peoples things.
edit on 10-8-2011 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Any of you that think this is a revolution are idiots. Just like the Rodney King "revolution"? If you lived through it, you would know it was nothing more than thievery - it didn't solve police brutality, in fact it maybe made it worse. These actions by these criminals will only make their lives worse for themselves and their neighborhoods. Wait until things calm down and you realize your own mother can't shop in her own neighborhood because some "revolutionary" solved the problems of our society by trashing and burning mom's neighborhood...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Thurisaz

This is obviously the first stage, terrible behavior, as I stated. Although, it takes things like this to make the general public realize that they actually have a bit of power, and if properly mobilized, can actually challenge their governments and effectively bring about a revolution, a change.

The looting of a few stores is nothing compared to what people have been copping on the chin for a long time now, the entire system is corrupt and flawed and needs to GO! While this may be terrible behavior, it is the first step towards a change, people actually taking to the streets and showing the government that they're angry and fed up, it may be misdirected, but it is a start.
so what should it be replaced with? you know...don't pull down your house untill you have a plan to build a new one

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

How old are you?

Totally honest question.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Nice picks

not sure if its too early to tell but idd it does look like a revolution, if this happen in another country we would say ITS A REVOLUTION GOOD FOR THEM!!! GIVE THEM WEAPONS!!!!
cough cough libya....some of the rioter may feel like they are being opressed and others see it as a free chance for free stuff. we also have to ask why is it happening in some poor parts of london? then spread to other parts.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sostoned

Out of all things to bring up? I know it caused some riots, mainly because it was filmed, in this day and age all we need is twitter and facebook, sad as it is, that's reality.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

Seems like it to me, people are fed up. They are poor and fed up, to all the classist idiots posting, these people are poor, they could NEVER afford a big tv yet they're told they need it to be successful, in essence, it's a disgrace, the whole situation that causes this is a disgrace, not the people desperately reacting, get your bloody priorities straight people.

Cheers for the reply mate

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

np mate

also they see our army going to other countries, pillaging, killing and destorying it. then wave it all around the media 24/7 and say we helped them we had to bomb them and set them back a few centuries but in due time they came to thank us.....yeah right......its just the same thing the army is doing but on a smaller scale and ofc in your own country ofc i dont support what they are doing but we also have to stop passing all the blame on them

p.s you always have nice threads

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

Absolutely!

And it get's to a point where it just tips over, people are sick of it, sick of watching their houses burn, or sick of watching their troops dying in foreign lands. Eventually people will crack, on either side. Thanks for the response.

Cheers about the threads mate!
edit on 10-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

i'm 28 why how old are you?
what colour is your hair?
what size shoe do you ware?

more relevantly what do you plan to replace the system with?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIack
its revolution and I will post a thread proving this once I reach my 20th post, awesome pictures by the way im saving all rf them

heres another post for you. what makes me sad about this is that so many of these shops are not big names just small local corner shop type places.
Im scared about where this is going.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is disgusting!! These low lifes are trashing mom and pop stores, the owners of most probably sank every penney they have into it to persue their dream, and work twelve hour days. If these dirtbags put half of the passion they have for trashing things towards a career this would not be happening. What I do find funny is the don't seem to realize London has the most cameras in public places. Say cheese scum!!

edit on 10-8-2011 by JMech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Get down

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"Taking something back"?If arson,mugging,assault and theft are under your comment then something's wrong with you BTW,exactly what have these worthless punks contributed to society to deserve"something back"/

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun

I think there is more (or less) to this story than is being made. For instance, I found this picture on Fox, does it look fake to anyone else? The proportions of the wood and the guy that seems to be throwing it seem off, as if the wood was added afterwards.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/235e58de5bce.jpg[/atsimg]

The photo looks pretty real to me. The wood is closer to us than the guy who threw it. But I will concede that it is possible that a lot of images can be faked and who would know the difference.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

i enjoy your naivity.
Find one revolution in all of history that wasnt bloodily violent

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join