It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

London Calling! *Exclusive photos

page: 2
10
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
These people are poor, they are young and poor. The poor are desperate these days. Desperate people do desperate things.

The looting of small businesses is really bad obviously. But what needs to be said is that you don't see the riot squad blocking those stores, you see them blocking larger businesses, largely ignoring the small businesses. These owners will get pissed off and apply pressure to their government for CHANGE as the government obviously cares about the department stores and their shareholders much more than Joe wickington who sells shoes.

People are desperate, this is obvious.




posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Pathetic, lazy, arrogant scumbags of society stealing from those who work hard for a living. Senselessly destroying lives of hard working human beings.


If this is your idea of "revolution" for a new world..... you can keep it.


Even the MSM is attempting to create some kind of sense to the insanity by stating it's "youths reaching for their future" and assinine statements like that. I'm not a sheeple so I know better.

It's a feeding frenzy of those who don't believe they should have to EARN anything. Their actions are proof.


The only difference between the these looters and politicians is their delivery.

"pathetic, lazy, arrogant..." sounds like Congress and the president of USA to me (I'm sure the UK as well)

"Destroying lives of hard workers..." check, our government does that as well

Politicians have been looting the average person for far too long, the only difference is that theirs is legal and they do it from the comfort of chambers in nice suits. Taxing everything from gas, property, health care, to death. Although nothing good will come of these UK riots, nothing good has come from all of the government looting over the decades.

I think there is more (or less) to this story than is being made. For instance, I found this picture on Fox, does it look fake to anyone else? The proportions of the wood and the guy that seems to be throwing it seem off, as if the wood was added afterwards.




posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget
 


ahaha hello lestweforget.

Certainly not for sharia law, that would be very silly wouldn't it?

Please don't try to turn this thread into another argument where you can bash islam, thankyou.



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Pathetic, lazy, arrogant scumbags of society stealing from those who work hard for a living. Senselessly destroying lives of hard working human beings.


If this is your idea of "revolution" for a new world..... you can keep it.


Even the MSM is attempting to create some kind of sense to the insanity by stating it's "youths reaching for their future" and assinine statements like that. I'm not a sheeple so I know better.

It's a feeding frenzy of those who don't believe they should have to EARN anything. Their actions are proof.


The only difference between the these looters and politicians is their delivery.

"pathetic, lazy, arrogant..." sounds like Congress and the president of USA to me (I'm sure the UK as well)

"Destroying lives of hard workers..." check, our government does that as well

Politicians have been looting the average person for far too long, the only difference is that theirs is legal and they do it from the comfort of chambers in nice suits. Taxing everything from gas, property, health care, to death. Although nothing good will come of these UK riots, nothing good has come from all of the government looting over the decades.

I think there is more (or less) to this story than is being made. For instance, I found this picture on Fox, does it look fake to anyone else? The proportions of the wood and the guy that seems to be throwing it seem off, as if the wood was added afterwards.



Beautifully said my friend, really couldn't have done better myself. Cheers!



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by sir_slide
 


Revolution for cange, what change exactly?

Let me guess sharia law.....


No, martial law.



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short
 


Why so negative Lazarus? You really think people will let that happen?



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide
 


I think it would have been better had they burned down all their government buildings... Burn number 10, burn white hall, burn the palace, burn the parliament.

They want to teach the government a lesson, but the government doesn't learn any lessons when they rob and burn their neighbors stores.

Police are the front line defenders of government, look at how the government decks out police like they are about to go to war... Police are less and less the friendly man on the corner that will help you and more a soldier. The government is prepping for war, the people should be too.

The government takes your life and liberty if you act out of line...

We should be taking their lives and liberty because they are out of line.

-Lightrule



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun
 


Wait...... you actually think someone is out there doctoring photos to make the lazy looters look bad?

OMG........



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule
 


Absolutely!

As I said I definitely think this is misdirected. Government buildings should have been the first to go. It does seem obvious that more and more our police look like soldiers, it's very concerning. Recently in my city they passed a bill to have armed guards at EVERY train station....yeah that's a GREAT IDEA! Get some bored idiots hanging around with mp5's at train stations at late hours in the night.........it's like they're just asking for something to happen.



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
reply to post by BenIndaSun
 


Wait...... you actually think someone is out there doctoring photos to make the lazy looters look bad?

OMG........


No, not to look bad, but to make it look worse than it really is. To make it appear more dramatic and jaw-dropping to those that can only see it on the television. If the problem appears worse than it really is, the public reaction is larger and the solution can be stronger (greater police state measures).

Look at the photos and judge for your self.



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide
 


You make a valid point in relation to police just protecting the big business, sounds like a bit of a cleanout. On another thread a poster mentioned the 2012 olympics, how close to the olympic centers are the effected areas?



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun
 


I have looked at the photos, watched the videos, read the reports of witnesses. I do judge for myself, thank god.

Absolutely amazing..... some peoples theories on ATS are just......


Nevermind. I will leave you to enjoy your..... uh...... "revolution".



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Seeing OP seems to be a hard core leftist - no surprise that he is totally blind to the reality of what is happening, and has utopian fantasies of 'world revolution'



The conventional wisdom has it that cuts in government services and poverty are driving these hooligans into Britain's streets. Certainly, the left has a vested interest in promoting that viewpoint. But British writer, Philip Womack, offers a far less conventional -- indeed, intriguing - perspective on the looters and rioters.

.................................But Womack's other insights point strongly to the tragic results of anything goes, value- and moral-free progressive culture.

And, one might add, it points to the British welfare state as a culprit and expression of the emptiness of progressive society. Young people who are all too accustomed to government handouts have been denied the opportunites and incentives to develop initiative to build independence and self-worth through their own efforts. The state is a layer atop a degraded culture that has made British streets mean and brutish.


www.americanthinker.com...



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


Obviously you either don't know anyone in Britain or are unaware of how hard it is getting to actually live there. Members of my family have three jobs in order to just pay bills and not starve. There is a bigger problem here that you and your writer are missing. I could go into it piece by piece but it would probably fall on deaf ears.

And please to don't try to politically pigeon hole me, that is narrow minded.



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sometimes change comes violently. The question is...what will change after all of the rioting is over?

If this is the beginning of a revolution, which I believe it is as I look around the world and see several countries in turmoil of one kind or another,I wonder what kind of revolution, and will it spread across Europe?

Even here in the US people are sick and tired of all of the crap politics, lies,cover-ups, economic troubles, unemployment, the list goes on and on.....the WORLD is ripe for revolution....


10 years ago I remember talking with people here in the US that back then were waiting for a revolution, they felt it was the right time, and I didn't believe them......flash forward 10 years...I believe, and I am watching it happen overseas, and I wonder, how close are we?? CLOSE I think, scary....



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


Obviously you either don't know anyone in Britain or are unaware of how hard it is getting to actually live there. Members of my family have three jobs in order to just pay bills and not starve. There is a bigger problem here that you and your writer are missing. I could go into it piece by piece but it would probably fall on deaf ears.

And please to don't try to politically pigeon hole me, that is narrow minded.



Actually I live in Britain - despite tough economic times, no-one is going hungry here or starving - there is a cradle to grave welfare sate here - these rioters are criminals and yobs pure and simple - and overwhelmingly black!



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
double post
edit on 10-8-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood
 


What does them being black have to do with anything? I also noticed lots of white people and other nationalities, maybe you're just buying into the portrayal of it by the media, do you really think it was only black people? and are you suggesting the vast majority of black people are yobs and criminals? Kinda comes off that way.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Lazarus Short
 


Why so negative Lazarus? You really think people will let that happen?


You really think the people will be able to let or not let martial law happen?



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Why these pictures remind me of the Watts riots,only thing there are white people looting the stores,looks like the only reason for a riot was to enrich themselves,what kind of statement do you make stealing electrical appliances,that your a blatant thief?looks like people who feel entitled,bunch of low lifes



new topics

top topics



 
10
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join