It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sierra Shooting: Two Bigfoot shot by hunters in 2010?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The story making the rounds in Bigfoot circles is Dr. Melba Ketchum is testing DNA from two Bigfoot shot by hunters in Northern California in 2010. The Olympic Project is assisting her.

The story goes two hunters came across two Bigfoot and shot (at) them:

As the truck came around a corner they both noticed a large hair covered figure standing approx 80 to 100 yards in a meadow off to the side of the road. ( On the Bigfoot forum I previously said it was off to the left, that was my mistake, it was actually off to the right of the road.) The figure was standing on two legs with it's arms above it's head. It took roughly eight to ten steps toward the vehicle. The arms were moving a little either because it was walking, or it was intensionally swaying them. It was dirty grey in color with some black mixed in. The figure was very large. Hunter 1 decided it had to be a bear. It was completely hair covered, and from that distance good definition was impossible. Hunter 1 got out of the truck and leaned against the door aiming his riffle at the figure. He does admit that it looked strange but in his mind it had to be a bear. He did not believe in Bigfoot at that time. Hunter 2 was now looking at the figure and said " I'm not sure that's a bear". The shot was fired hitting it's mark in the chest region. The figure went down. It got back up immediately and started running on two legs, and then on all fours. It went from two legs to four legs a couple of times before it left view. A short time later they were very sure they heard it crash into the brush, although they never did confirm this. They couldn't believe what they were seeing.

The bodies were not recovered at the time but flesh was supposedly recovered later:

I then urged hunter 1 to return to the site and look around for any evidence from the incident. Upon returning they were greeted with roughly two feet of snow. The little one was not found. They concentrated their efforts in the area where they thought they heard the larger one go down. After digging though the snow for many hours they were able to find a piece of flesh, greasy fat and hair, but no body. The flesh and hair matched the color of the larger one exactly. White gray hair with some black in it.

You can read the whole story here: Sierra Shooting

I am not impressed. Unless there is more to the story they're not releasing yet. As it stands, even if this is all true what will any evidence obtained from the flesh prove? It could have been flesh from anything and contaminated in any way. This seems like poor science to me. Just finding a hunk of flesh and fat under two feet of snow in an area where you THINK you shot a Sasquatch doesn't seem good enough. Any results from this investigation will just be controversial and may, in the long run, hurt any credibility the field of cryptozoology has.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
im a sucker for a good bigfoot story lol --- not sure thoug that the yeti community really has much esteem to fret about losing, and maybe the snow was a good thing maybe the temp would help to preserve the sample even if it comes back as ape family instead of bear thats huge, i think if there is any truth to the bigfoot thing they are probably strays that wondered from wherever they really reside

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My question isn't about whether this story is true or not, my statement is at just how messed up humans are. Why shoot & kill them? If I were an alien from space and watching human behavior over ions, I would be thinking, "when are we going to intervene and stop these mad people"?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
As humans, we are always on the search for the rare, exciting, beautiful and unique wonders of nature.

And then we kill it.

We really have done nothing for the planet but destroy it. Out of the millions of living species on this Earth, we are the only ones to destroy that which gives us life and sustains us.

What would be one good reason to kill these creatures? I can't think of any but stupidity or arrogance or both.

edit on 9-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The figure was standing on two legs with it's arms above it's head. It took roughly eight to ten steps toward the vehicle. The arms were moving a little either because it was walking, or it was intensionally swaying them

When they reached the spot where it was standing they noticed movement in the nearby brush. Two smaller figures appeared from the brush and started circling around their position.

Maybe they surprised a mama squatch with her cubs ( is that the right word?). If so, why would they stick around and not follow mama?

For that matter, why would any of them stick around after one was shot? Unless the hunters were getting close to an area where a group was living. Maybe they were sent to chase the intruders off.

I'd be very interested in the DNA results.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

If there really were two hunters in the Sierra what were they hunting ? Are there not laws against shooting game other than that which it states on your hunting license ? I've never seeen a license for hunting bigfoot. These two pouchers should be gang raped by sasquatch. Or at least get a big boot right in the woo hoo.

edit on 9-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Number 1 rule of hunting....DON'T shoot anything until you have positively identified it.
Number 2 rule of hunting....See rule number 1

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Exactly! My father was a 3 tour Vietnam Green Beret veteran, a scout & sniper with the 101st & 82nd Airborne. What he taught me was, when you point your weapon at something, you had better kill it. If you do not intend to kill it, do not raise your weapon.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Why were they shooting something that they couldn't identify? Dip#s

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I agree with everyone who is expressing concern and disgust that these two "hunters" shot at something when they were unsure what the target was. They flunked basic gun 101.

I am also disgusted they shot one of the little ones. They could have easily retreated to their vehicle.

I have my doubts about if this happened or not and wonder if Dr. Ketchum and the Olympic Project are being hoaxed. The one thing that raises doubts in my mind was the witness relating that the injured Sasquatch both stood upright and also traveled on all fours. I have seen reports where witnesses will say they saw small Bigfoot type beasts both walking upright and traveling on all fours but I think this is probably not something that is widely known among the general public and sounds like the most genuine thing about the report.

new topics

top topics

join