It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - Here it comes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Why... why do they still pretend that sanctions work? Are they that dumb? Are they just hoping that we're that dumb? I mean... Hey, really.

Did sanctions topple Saddam? no, they entrenched him.
Have sanctions impacted Iran's Mullacracy? nope, they became firmly entrenched.
Do the embargoes on North Korea and Cuba hurt the Castro and Kim regimes? No, they entrenched them.
Does Israel's blockade of Gaza hurt Hamas? NO IT JUST MAKES THEM MORE ENTRENCHED!

I'll be honest, it's hard for me to really "take a side" here - Assad's consistently been the most intelligent and reasoned player in the region... but he's also an oppressive asshat against his own people. So... I guess my only point here is that sanctions don't work,

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Don't Syria & Iran have a "mutual protection pact"? I swear I heard Iran announce that a few years ago.
Probably why we haven't already attacked Syria.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

you're right as soon as the US or NATO strikes Syria , Iran must step in WW3 will start, since Iran always used Syria as backdoor to strike Israel

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Step 1: Turkey boots on the groung "humanitarian grounds"
Step 2: Iran retaliates
Step 3: Nato-US takes out Iranian nuclear facilities "Stop a potential nuclear war in the region"
good stratigy but this is all before the first arrow falls.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by keops

In 1979 Vietnam had a defense pact with the USSR.

In 1979, the People's Republic of China launched an invasion of Vietnam. The USSR chose not to respond even though it was bound by treaty to protect Vietnam.

The point is, pacts and treaties don't guarantee anything.

Even if Iran did respond it would not be WW3 or anywhere close to world war. It would be a major regional conflict, on the scale of the first Gulf War, one that would lead to NATO sweeping en masse into the Middle East.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join