It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria - Here it comes!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

This just popped up on my subscriptions...

Ok so another conflict on the way? After the whole thing happening with debt, wall street, unemployment etc etc...

I havent really read up too much on syria conflict, just that protesters are being killed... Theres no way we should be able to afford anything even though it might be a tragedy to let happen... we are too spread out for our own good IMO

The video author links HERE

edit on 9-8-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm - - I just remember a guest on C2C saying - - when we invade or go to war with Syria - - then you will know its real.

Can't remember who it was - - but I think he said he had been CIA. Or some other undercover government group.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Whats happening in Syria right now is like Sesame Street compared to Somalia.. We don't have the money to assist, but we will.. we don't have the right to assist, but we will.. and you better believe it has nothing to do with saving the people of Syria.. This is more blatent US imperialism at its best.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Wonder how much it would cost. It would be nice for someone to break it down into real numbers.

I suppose it depends on the type of military action we would take though.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Looks like it's legit!

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration is preparing to explicitly demand the departure of Syrian President Bashar Assad and hit his regime with tough new sanctions, U.S. officials said Tuesday as the State Department signaled for the first time that American efforts to engage the government are finally over. The White House is expected to lay out the tougher line by the end of this week, possibly on Thursday, according to officials who said the move will be a direct response to Assad's decision to step up the ruthlessness of the crackdown against pro-reform demonstrators by sending tanks into opposition hotbeds. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal administration deliberations.

Source

Well with all that's already going on in the world why not throw in a little more chaos?

ETA: morder1 feel free to ad this to your OP.

edit on 8/9/2011 by SpaDe_ because: ....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All about democracy again I'm sure? If we were so concerned about democracy we would bomb the drug cartels that run the government of Mexico. Instead we fund them billions of dollars every year by making a plant that grows in the dirt, that cannot be directly linked to any death (like almost every pharmaceutical can) illegal. The cartels ravage the Mexican economy and the people which hurts our economy and people. I hope this isn't true... We all know about the Iran Syria defense treaty so we'll have to see what the conditions of these sanctions are.
edit on 9-8-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i was listening to BBC radio this morning and

they said Turkey is getting fed up with assad too.

i think they will be the ones to take steps against syria, not the US.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yeah turkey called them out too... I think the same youtuber put a vid out on that as well...

here it is

edit on 9-8-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Everything in the opening cinematic in the game homefront is.coming true.
Spread too thin
Financial turmoil
Depletion of.resources
Civil unrest.
Military buildup of opposing nations

Just sayin

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I figured it was just a matter of time before we put our boots in there. It smacks of deception, and since Syria was not very cooperative during Desert Storm, I figured we would eventually have a bone to pick..
Unfortunately, it is dangerously close to Israel and Lebanon, so I can see an escalation.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wont happen, they will up the shootings and grab back power forcefully now because the west is on its knees at the moment,

Only people who can help them now is themselves & other middle east nations, which they wont,

Turkey is a possibility, but with them at war with Syria erm, i think Iran will get involved,

edit on 9-8-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Just wanted to add something. I have a friend who is Syrian, lives in Aus although has lots of family in Syria who are living and working there. He says that what we are reading in the papers is totally exaggerated rubbish, the situation is nowhere near what they are reporting it to be. It's mostly propaganda to get the west ready for the idea of invading Syria. I don't know about you guys, but I believe a guy who's family is there right now over these speculative articles being written by western papers who mostly aren't even there. I think they're just gearing us up for an invasion/conflict......Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't know if it's relevant, but isn't there like 81 U.S Congressmen and such, traveling to Israel over there break? Is Israel possibly going to play a vital role in this?
Makes me wonder if there is more to 'vacation' than what is being led on.
Maybe I'm not looking at this from the right perspective,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-8-2011 by highfreq because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by highfreq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Not going to happen. The OP picked a non-newsworthy, obscure report anyway. In FACT, everyone is trying to AVOID hitting Syria and has been turning a blind eye on this (other than puny statements) for quite a while now. To say the US or anyone is ITCHING to hit Syria would be predicated on a falsehood as they have had plenty of time and enough of an excuse to do so already if they really wanted to. Dont want to hear this crap.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's on CNN: www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by highfreq

Inciting unrest in the strip would while the congressmen are being hosted in isreal would go a long way in furthering the isrealli agenda. Especially of any of these congressmen become a casualty of said unrest. Which would then be blamed on the syrians for supplying the weapons and consorting with hamas. Already in the spotlight for blowing away unarmed protestors and leveling small communities they would be demonized to no end and become public enemy #1. Somehow they will be blamed for the current downfall of society and before you know it the US will own another piece of real estate in the mid east in which they will attempt to capitolize upon to fix their financial shortcomings.
Plus it gets all the trigger happies away from the motherland during a time increasing civil unrest.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is a potential event that we simply must not allow. If a broader war is sparked we will have only two options left. Fall in line and make war as a nation, or face the great likelyhood that we will see the end of what we value most, our cultures and traditions.

It's a crap decision because it's not what Americans want. If I have to choose though, I'll tow the line now and deal with our corrupt leaders later.

Sometimes you have to lose to win.

As a side note, I am not convinced that this will spark a wider war. I think the vision is to create an opportunity for Turkey to conquer Syria and Iran (maybe more).

I'd expect China to stay out of the way while protesting publicly in exchange for our agreement to take our noses out of NK and Taiwan.

Sometimes you have to lose to win.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Apparently there have already been plans for a 'regime change' in Syria for a couple years now according to this article at GlobalResearch by Michael Chossudovsky.

As part of this extended war scenario, the US-NATO alliance plans to wage a military campaign against Syria under a UN sponsored "humanitarian mandate".

Escalation is an integral part of the military agenda. Destabilization of sovereign states through "regime change" is closely coordinated with military planning.

There is a military roadmap characterised by a sequence of US-NATO war theaters.

This broader military agenda is intimately related to strategic oil reserves and pipeline routes. It is supported by the Anglo-American oil giants.

The road to Tehran goes through Damascus. A US-NATO sponsored war on Iran would involve, as a first step, a destabilization campaign ("regime change") including covert intelligence operations in support of rebel forces directed against the Syrian government.

A "humanitarian war" under the logo of "Responsibility to Protect" (R2P) directed against Syria would also contribute to the ongoing destabilization of Lebanon.

Were a military campaign to be waged against Syria, Israel would be directly or indirectly involved in military and intelligence operations.

A war on Syria would lead to military escalation.

There are at present four distinct war theaters: Afghanistan-Pakistan, Iraq, Palestine and Libya.

An attack on Syria would lead to the integration of these separate war theaters, eventually leading towards a broader Middle East-Central Asian war, engulfing an entire region from North Africa and the Mediterranean to Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I can pretty much see the long term agenda there. The US world police force will be kicking in doors to protect people soon enough. Doesn't it sound so familiar with Orwells 'war against Oceania'?
edit on 9-8-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Why did this thread disappear from all the feeds(i.e new topics, firehose)?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

BUMP!

and I agree, did a search and it did not turn up...strange..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join