It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops DO Protect Our Freedom and We Should Thank Them for Doing So

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yes, US troops were sent firstly to Afghanistan to protect US, then to Iraq to protect US, then to Libya to protect US.

Yes, I whole heartedly agree, because Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya posed a threat to US. This is beyond doubt the absolute truth, I'm with the author, that these mercenaries are doing a hell of a good job following orders.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how many anti American trolls ATS has, and just how many idiots speak on things with no personal experience. Don't like the military? Here's an idea, grow a pair and join and try and make the changes you want to see happen. Don't have the intestinal fortitude for that, get elected and make change. Otherwise sit there and shut up cause your ilk are the damn problem, you want change, you want to belittle people of far greater worth than any of you cowards. It's people like you that have helped put this once great country on the path it's on now.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I am the wife of a retired Marine, while I support our troops and our military, I have to be "realistic" accept that our military right now is been use by the private military complex to wag their own economic wars abroad.

Sadly this has nothing to do with protecting our nations but the private interest invested globally.

This fat rats behind our government doesn't give a darn about our troops safety or well being, neither the nations, but the well being of their corrupted pockets.

That is why our nation right now is going down the crapper economically while the working force is been drained so the few can keep the wealth and power.

That is the truth. Sorry if it sounds harsh to the patriots out there but better swallow the bitter pill right now and understand what drives this nations this days and is not for or in the interest of the voters and tax payer.

edit on 10-8-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
This is being started in opposition of the OTHER thread with the opposite title.
I am an Army Veteran, and I still support our troops 100%.
We have an Air National Guard and Army Reserve unit in my hometown, whenever I am there eating, I pick up their tab as a thank you. These guys do a damn good job, get crap pay and deserve our thanks. They keep these animals like the Taliban away from our homeland.
Those in still and Fellow Veterans, I SALUTE AND THANK YOU!!!!

And, apparently, you went off half-cocked, without even reading (or, obviously comprehending) the overall sentiment of the posters in that other thread....

To quote myself (I ain't typing or paraphrasing all that crap, again):

Appreciating, loving and respecting the men and women in uniform, is NOT the same thing as supporting the entity that dictates their action. Let's be clear.

Most of these people joined because they either had no choice (financially, career-wise, etc.) or really believed that they were going to do something honorable and right. Not their fault. Ultimately, I admire and respect each of them, individually, for their decision, commitment, and sacrifice. They are ALL deserving of it.

They certainly deserve our 'thanks' but not for 'protecting our freedom' (which we are losing more and more of, everyday, because of the TRUE entity they support)

Furthermore...
The hillbillies that live out in the sticks and sing 'God Bless America' on command and worship Toby Keith 'raghead ass-kicking' songs are the people we should watch out for - they perpetuate the illusion that this is the image/resolve of every soldier - I think people would be surprised regarding how many troops are actually, finally waking up to the same realization that this OP/author did.

On the other hand, another way to look at this is, we (our #ty government, and pawns of the government gods) are protecting our WAY OF LIFE (among other things - drug trade, oil, basically resources)... not our 'freedom' - we are the big bully on the block and we need to play this card for as long as we can, 'cause we are no longer the richest, the best looking, or the smartest. A necessary 'evil' whether most of us would like to admit it, or not (*sigh* double edged sword).

edit on 8/10/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/10/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
It never ceases to amaze me how many anti American trolls ATS has

It never ceases to amaze me how many blind fools ATS has.

It's people like you that have helped put this once great country on the path it's on now.

So it's the people who have been calling out for sanity, an end to the reckless spending on wars and for the American government to focus on rebuilding your country - it's THOSE people who are at fault?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...........

No wonder we are so screwed. It's become crystal clear now. I think we need a new word for 'ignorance' - one that has more 'oompf'. Superignorance maybe? Infinignorance perhaps?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
In past post I have reveled that I am a Veteran of the Vietnam Era.
I have paid my dues and am fully within my privilege to say this:

The US Armed Forces have NOT been use to protect “Our Freedoms” since WWII.

The single largest group in this Nation that does NOT support our troops is our own US Government and their lap dog the Veteran’s Affairs.

How short are some of your memories ? 2500+ of my fellow soldiers were left behind in Vietnam, just because it was politically expedient for Nixon and Kissinger not to pay the agreed Paris Accord war reparations of 4 billion.
The solider has been screwed over by our government ever since and up to and including 2004 when a group of servicemen mothers had to start raising private funds to purchase armor for military Humvees, now this action did embarrass the Bush Administration so badly, because they were beating the “Support the Troops” war drum to distract people from protesting an invasion of a sovereign nation, that the Military at that time started adding armor to the Humvees themselves. Without these Moms doing what the did our Government would have never added armor.

Support the Troops was started by the Bush administration as a diversion from the real issue of an illegal war. People of conscience that started protesting the illegal actions of this nation were marginalized by the rhetoric “You don’t Support the Troops.”

This Support the Troops BS has been used successfully to further the agenda of the New World Order, using our Sons and Daughters as tools of imperialism.

Now, I was a young man once, I thought that service to my country within the ranks of the military was a sign of my love for my country and a way to repay the for the freedoms that we enjoy. So, I do understand how our youth are likewise fooled in to this False Patriotism. I too will buy a meal, pay for a drink, give special consideration for our Military, but if you really

Support the Troops, we need to stop these illegal wars and bring our boys home.

Stop the Wars -- This is the true method of supporting the troops.

not some feel-good, superficial slogan

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It never ceases to amaze me how many anti American trolls ATS has, and just how many idiots speak on things with no personal experience. Don't like the military? Here's an idea, grow a pair and join and try and make the changes you want to see happen. Don't have the intestinal fortitude for that, get elected and make change. Otherwise sit there and shut up cause your ilk are the damn problem, you want change, you want to belittle people of far greater worth than any of you cowards. It's people like you that have helped put this once great country on the path it's on now.

Its sad, really... Its easy for them to sit around and talk crap at home on their high-speed internet because their too scared or weak to do anything else about it.

You dont like the wars were in? Fine, neither do I. Dont agree with your Gov't? Kudos, I'm with you. You all want to live in your cozy little bubbles spreading hate and bashing me and the men and women who are willing to sacrifice everything so that you have that right... I just dont get it

If you dont agree with the way things are, get off your arse and do something about it. Other than that shut the heck up and get on with your life. If you still have a problem with the military come say it to someone in person, but I doubt it will go as well for you as when you hide behind your keyboard spitting that garbage.

Its all O.K. though. At the end of the day I'll still willingly give up my freedoms and say good-bye to my family so that you and yours won't have to.

-Your Welcome-
Semper Fidelis America

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

So yet another troll spewing nonsense......seriously son, make a difference, don't bitch unless you've done something, and trolling on the internet doesn't count. The "progressives" on here have no idea of what honor, duty, and country mean, they simply spout off whatever cliches they've heard at the coffee shop, or from their liberal pansy professors, if they are even old enough to be in college. Grow up.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Our Troops DO Protect Our Freedom and We Should Thank Them for Doing So

Thank you for this thread.

By the time I found that other, insulting thread you refer to, comments had already been snuffed. You could leave a star but you could show any disapproval. This made me ill and I decided to skeedaddle before I told ATS what they could do with that force feeding.

A salute to all those who serve, or have served!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I participate on this forum for a while now, and i will never understand all this "Support the Troops/Army/Military/whatever". And also, i will never understand how some americans still believe that what their country is doing is a nice, legal thing.

Please, your army is not protecting your freedom. It is taking away the freedom of people from other countries.

I always say that the U.S. got what he asked for. When you invade another country illegally, don't expect all the people from the invaded country to be nice towards you. They're going to fight back, and when they do, your government says that your freedom is under attack and something must be done, and most of you believe in it.

For God's sake, the U.S. doesn't even have borders with countries that are against them. Canada and Mexico are not exactly enemies. Hell, even Russia is not a threat anymore (.....for now
). Take Brazil for example (because is where i live). We are sorrounded by countries that are potencially dangerous. Hugo Chavez is our neighbour. Evo Morales and Rafael Correa as well (altough Equador is not exactly on our borders, but it's really close).

None of this guys are very friendly, and i am sure that if they had a stronger army it would be a concern around here. But they don't have a strong army and they didn't invade anyone around here. Would be right for my government to invade all of them with the excuse that they could be a threat to our freedom?

That's exactly what the U.S. has been doing since WW II.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
This is being started in opposition of the OTHER thread with the opposite title.
I am an Army Veteran, and I still support our troops 100%.
We have an Air National Guard and Army Reserve unit in my hometown, whenever I am there eating, I pick up their tab as a thank you. These guys do a damn good job, get crap pay and deserve our thanks. They keep these animals like the Taliban away from our homeland.
Those in still and Fellow Veterans, I SALUTE AND THANK YOU!!!!

That's great that you want competition to the other thread but the other thread was not really the OP's opinion but a link to a separate blog giving information to back up their belief. You on the other hand have not really addressed all the points made in the other thread nor have you really given equal information, it just seems like you wanted your opinion heard as well without much information to back it up. You don't really give any facts at all only anecdotal evidence of paying their tabs which can not be verified and your irrational fear of the taliban and somehow you are safer if people you don't know are being murdered thousands of miles away from you.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazon

It is a choice, they choose to sacrifice themselves.
Sacrifice to the God of war. Satan.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Canslli

I participate on this forum for a while now, and i will never understand all this "Support the Troops/Army/Military/whatever". And also, i will never understand how some americans still believe that what their country is doing is a nice, legal thing. Please, your army is not protecting your freedom. It is taking away the freedom of people from other countries. I always say that the U.S. got what he asked for. When you invade another country illegally, don't expect all the people from the invaded country to be nice towards you. They're going to fight back, and when they do, your government says that your freedom is under attack and something must be done, and most of you believe in it.

I have no wish to get into a senseless pissing match on this issue. My mind won't be changed and yours probably won't be either. But for the record, I support my country and its armed services because the folks in uniform are actually trying to do the right thing. Regardless of whether 9.11 was done by Islamics or US domestics, the fact that they answered the call is worth my respect. They put their lives second to that of their fellow citizens... which is a helluva lot more than most of the rabid anti-American keyboard jocks can say.

I also see a new effort to spread the anarchism that has grown like a cancer across Europe, to our shores. I don't think it will work here. i think the freak show is barking up the wrong tree. But.. it is amusing to watch them try.

Okay, I'm done.
edit on 10-8-2011 by redoubt because: typos & edit

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canslli
And also, i will never understand how some americans still believe that what their country is doing is a nice, legal thing.

Either they are in fear or they are getting a paycheck from the government. People who receive nothing from the government have no reason to adamantly defend the government on a conspiracy website of all places that distrusts the government. Someone who is being persecuted by the government has even a less reason to support government. The only ones who do are the ones that receive government money in some way or have an irrational fear like the OP who thanks the troops for keeping the "animal" taliban in their own homeland (as if people you don't know murdering other people you don't know thousands of miles away from you will somehow keep you safe).

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
Regardless of whether 9.11 was done by Islamics or US domestics, the fact that they answered the call is worth my respect.

So to gain your respect someone must kill someone else without knowing the real reason why and to follow orders regardless of how illegal or inhumane they are simply because they are blinded by their own patriotism? If that is the case what's your respect worth? A delusional psychopath under mind control is more or less answering the call (the call of their handler), so what's the difference?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Did you ever stop and think that maybe we dont have any "threats" becuase we are taking the precautions we need to????

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

So yet another troll spewing nonsense......seriously son, make a difference, don't bitch unless you've done something, and trolling on the internet doesn't count. The "progressives" on here have no idea of what honor, duty, and country mean, they simply spout off whatever cliches they've heard at the coffee shop, or from their liberal pansy professors, if they are even old enough to be in college. Grow up.

Honor, Duty and Country? Oh, you must mean that old way of thinking that was fazed out when America attacked Iraq for no reason at all. It's no longer Honor, Duty and Country - it has become Oil, Power and Corporations. Honestly mate if you can't see what's right in front of your nose then I'm afraid you have fallen victim to the complete and total propaganda corporation that is America now.

Grow up? LOL, I consider those who use logic and common sense to be 'grown up' - not blinded fools who use it as an attempted insult.

edit on 10/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by redoubt
Regardless of whether 9.11 was done by Islamics or US domestics, the fact that they answered the call is worth my respect.

So to gain your respect someone must kill someone else without knowing the real reason why and to follow orders regardless of how illegal or inhumane they are simply because they are blinded by their own patriotism? If that is the case what's your respect worth? A delusional psychopath under mind control is more or less answering the call (the call of their handler), so what's the difference?

Wow, that's a wild pile. Did someone teach you to arrange words in such a way as to create a no reply situation?

Are you really interested in what I think... or is this just fun and games with insults, lol?

I'm impressed. I might feel like rioting.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Say thank you for the freedom to have oil, diamonds, chocolate, coffee and any other thing that does not come from your country.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Well, soldiers are brave and i give you that. But the problem is that their bravery is being aimed to the wrong side, IMO. You said it yourself: people don't even know who did 9/11, but they are out there killing people for something they might not even have done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join