It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops DO Protect Our Freedom and We Should Thank Them for Doing So

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is being started in opposition of the OTHER thread with the opposite title.
I am an Army Veteran, and I still support our troops 100%.
We have an Air National Guard and Army Reserve unit in my hometown, whenever I am there eating, I pick up their tab as a thank you. These guys do a damn good job, get crap pay and deserve our thanks. They keep these animals like the Taliban away from our homeland.
Those in still and Fellow Veterans, I SALUTE AND THANK YOU!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Your delusional with a bias opinion obviously, we dont have any threat to us, therefore the troops are not protecting us at all.

Not only do we not have any threat, our own government is now the REAL bigger threat with TSA and growing bigger and all the other agencies and ACTS imposed on the people
edit on 9-8-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

You must be delusional as well. Prove there is NO threat to the USA

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Prove there is no threat to us, because no one is attacking us at our borders

You only support violence and pure murder, the troops are nothing but hired mercenaries for the government and those that run the government
edit on 9-8-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

link   

Dont have to be AT the borders, the enemy is already INSIDE the borders

link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
Your delusional with a bias opinion obviously, we dont have any threat to us, therefore the troops are not protecting us at all.

Theres the other thread for your opinion. You should be there.This is for those who SUPPORT the troops. I may not like the wars we are in,but I do support my family,who are in the Armed services,and those who risk there lives on a daily,protecting America.

Star and Flag

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Damn skippy! These soldiers deserve better than what some of these people are giving them. If it weren't for these soldiers, these people wouldn't have a hot pocket for their mom to heat up while they watch Star Wars for the 500th time.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Oh i c, this posting is just for those that agree that us has is being attacked constantly and the troops are saving our lives on a daily basis, I can tell you that if you sent all the troops back home, I could still walk around town and not worried about some "terrorist threat"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Why must it get to the point where it reaches our land? What happened to neutralizing the threat before it occurs here?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Incorrect, this thread is to PRAISE those that protect us, and those that protect YOU as well, as much as you probably cant STAND to admit it

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Right on OP!

S&F for you!

We should ALWAYS support our troops when they are called to duty.
The troops do not make the policies, they are not at fault and should always be supported.

If people have a problem with the current wars (and really who doesn't??)
It needs to be taken up with those in power, not the boots on the ground.
I could care less if people disagree with me.

As to what they are protecting over seas right now, I'm not sure.
Oil maybe.
Osama is dead.
Bring them all home to a big welcoming and lets all get on with liberty, life, and the pursuit of happiness.

Support our troops and wish them a safe return.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
When is the last time a foreign nation invaded our land? Well... besides Mexico...

I certainly do respect our men and women in the military. I have many friends serving in the Army, Air Force and Navy. My opinion is, they are being put in harms way for the greed of a select few.

You being a veteran yourself.. please answer me this (and I am asking in the most respectful way.. sometimes its hard to tell in type). Since WWII and Korea, has the United States been involved in a single "necessary" war?

I mean... in my opinion Vietnam was not necessary. Kennedy wanted out, and Johnson threw us right in. How about the first Gulf War? It's pretty fair to say we goaded Iraq into that one. We told Sadam straight to his face that we wouldn't interfere if he invaded Kuwait and then we turned around and destroyed them. Perhaps if we had warned him not to from the get go we could have avoided the mess. But, we needed to prove our new weapons. We needed to get those contracts in.

Don't even get me started on Afghanistan. No one ever wins in Afghanistan. We went there for Osama and the Taliban. Well... the Taliban were taken out within 3 months. According to our government, who would certainly NEVER lie to us... Osama is now dead. Why are we still there? Why are our soldiers still dying by taking ground and then abandoning it? (example.. Camp Restrepo in the Korengal Valley) Reminds me of Vietnam, where we would fight to take a hill and then give it up. Amazing too that there has been a huge surge in Heroin and other opiates flooding the country ever since we "took over". Why are United States servicemen being ordered to guard poppy fields there? This is true... and this is no way for a soldier to be ordered around.

Iraq? There was NO reason to go to Iraq. Iraq had no weapons. This has been admitted. They had NO WMDs. They posed no threat to sovereign United States land. It's not like the Republican Guard was gonna hop a ship and come invade Virginia or something. No... we went to Iraq because Bush Jr had to avenge the assassination attempt on his daddy. All the while, companies like Haliburton and Black Water are making money hand over fist. All these no-bid contracts are being awarded and money is being spend like its toilet paper. Do you know that when a contracted company has a truck and it gets a flat tire over there, they blow the truck up and order a new one? Thats true too. They won't just put a new tire on. Why? Because they order a truck for say $50k and the US Government repays them $75k.

I don't see the need to disrespect our Armed Forces in the manner that our Government is currently doing. They treat the military as if they are paid enforcers. And poorly paid at that. And what happens to them when they can no longer play the roll of enforcer? They come home and are abandoned. They are of no use to the US of A anymore and so they are tossed aside like garbage. You being a veteran you should know this.

So no.. I don't agree that the current Military men and women fight for our freedoms. None of the current situations we are in threatened our freedoms in any way shape or form. Hell, North Korea HAS nukes and threatens to use them against us all the time. Why aren't we bombing the living hell out of them? Simple.. there is no money to be made in North Korea.

I say its time to bring our troops home and end these profiteering wars once and for all. Give our soldiers some dignity for a change.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i vote for unity

if everyone is a pawn, no need for pawns to fight eachother.

unity over division

after all this is chess not checkers

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy." -Henry Kissinger

Doesn't that just make you feel all warm inside?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ah it all becomes so clear to me now.

This must mean the conflicts in the 90's like Kuwait, Albania, Zaire, Bosnia, The Congo, and Sierra Leone to name a few were all in the name of saving people at home?

Being blunt, get over it.

They are in these areas to protect economic and political interests, this is not for the people, this is to funnel the value and production of away from the populace. It is a form of zealotry or hypnosis to blindly say "they died.....RESPECT THAT"

If you value your rationality give the first 10 min of this video a chance, I have posted it before and I believe it sums up many issues of where the interests involved politically and economically merge.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Dont have to be AT the borders, the enemy is already INSIDE the borders

You got that part right. The greatest threat to our freedoms is not the Taliban. Not even close.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

You must be delusional as well. Prove there is NO threat to the USA

go outside. look around. no planes from others countries swarming above, no parachuters, no bombs dropping. there is no attack on american soil. the real danger is the politicians in washington dc and true believers like yourself that believe the lies. america is the country doing the damage. thats why people around the world hate us. we go where we don't belong, ripping and tearing, and a lot of people suffer for it, ours and theirs.

i'll never understand american parents that raises their children well, taking them to church on sundays, then letting them head out to kill people in foreign lands. patriotism is a form of manipulation. wake up my friend. it's not the sons and daughter of millionaires and politicians getting killed in the military. they laugh at common people like you and i. they don't care if you or your children die on foreign soil. military people are being used like lab rats. those who hand down the orders are nice and safe, far away from danger.

i got tired of the over-used 'thank a vet' b.s. a long time ago. i'll be thankful when people stop voluntarily signing themselves into slavery for the government, being paid assassins that terrorize people in foreign countries.

war benefits politicians who desire more power and control over more human beings. war benefits wealthy people who own and operate daddy warbucks factories, making their wealthy families wealthier. war benefits corporations who get to rape foreign lands of their natural resources for the sake of profit.

i'm glad i have enough intelligence to understand when i'm being lied to.

the only other institution in america that treats people they way the military does is the prison system. but all the low-life murderers and rapists in prison are safe and warm, a roof over their head and three squares a day. prisoners don't have to shoot at people or get shot at. american prisoners are better off than many in the american military. that should tell you something.

do some traveling and find out what people think outside the town you live in. it will be a great eye-opener.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
the idea of the military and false sense of nationalisim that is associated with it is what gives you that i must support them no matter what feeling ..

but thats the illusion they want you to be in . That way the most horrific crimes are justified and tolerated in the name of "war"

it destroys familys men and women and the fragile earth

but you have to wake up and realize one day the cost of all these wars since time has us all pulling the same length straws thinking you can just bully everyone around once your the most advanced.

They will fight back eventually.

if people come here and invade then hey im down with you buddy lets strap up and gogogo

if people wanna be the aggressor then hey we will deal with them .

But thats not what i see today you have people on the good side that are starting to really question this method of justice and reform .

the problem is accepting orders when you know something is wrong and violation and in many cases illegal ... but so many times brushed off because well it was at "war" things happpen

when you step into that zone and you do it weather being ignorant or sticking your head in the sand to the dark clouds of war

then no .. i will not thank them . I veto there authorization to have ever justified such a decepetive war

one mill + of theirs dead?

less then 10 k ?

you gonna tell me war is neccesary ? When clearly our side is the biggest terrorist ?

yes.. people in iraq in afghanistan do have feelings when you blow up kids there loved ones friends family etc

they do consider it terrorism

for you to stand up and say sir yes sir is shameful

and not something i would support

nor do i believe is the proper method of achieving my freedom ...

murdering that many people when they did nothing to us is unacceptable

You don't need to lie to invade a country if your goals are noble ....

right?

only time you would need to lie is if ....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Don't forget that to millions of people on this planet the US is a threat to their lives and their family's lives. In fact, it would be difficult to name a single nation that has killed more innocent people in the last 20-50 years than the US.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thank you for the nemesis thread. Air Force retired here. People do not realize that military folk are at the will of congress. Old balding gray haired people determine the fate of many of our young soldiers that fall on the field.

It does not matter what the war is. It is a fact that the government sends our troops out to fight for reasons that are not clear to the general populace.

Yes, we do have defense in the interest of American's. Wars that people do not agree upon is not the matter of a military person.

Would the average American like the idea that we have no protection to secure our land? No. Of course not.

Many of our military's job's are CONUS. They protect us from subversives that entangle our air space, sea space and intelligence space.

People really do not realize the function of the military at hand. People quickly point out the disparity of the middle east and do not realize what is going on at home.

There is much more to meet the mind than current political discourse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join