It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question, Are we suppose to see a meteor shower tonight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Um, with that big solar flare from the sun this afternoon, are we likely to like a meteor shower tonight? Or, a Solar flare shower? Just curious. I think that would be like totally cool, if it's like totally possible.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I've never heard of flares being able to cause showers of any sort. They get a lot of attention on here because they have the ability to affect the power grid but I wouldn't count on seeing anything cool in the sky tonight sadly.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Not sure of the correlation between a solar flare and a meteor shower. Interested in leaning if there is one, but I just don't see how there could be.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
We usually have a meteor shower this time of year. It's the Perseids on the night of August 13. Usually you can see a few a couple of days before and after also.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'll keep watch. Thanks guys.

Sort of slacked off a bit, but I'll have my lightning storm movie up soon. Just got my new computer and it doesn't work.
Then I get sidetracked going outside and taking more pictures.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I'll keep watch. Thanks guys.

It's best if you can get out of the city for viewing though sometimes they can be quite faint And I think there is supposed to be a full moon this year so that will make it harder to see them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

whats not working with it? Computers are kind of my hobby as lame as it sounds

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

It's the Phenom II I just ordered. I don't get a bios screen and I only get black screen. Even when I put my hard drive with windows xp in there I still get a black screen and not a boot up.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

reply to post by BrianC

It's the Phenom II I just ordered. I don't get a bios screen and I only get black screen. Even when I put my hard drive with windows xp in there I still get a black screen and not a boot up.

Thanks

Try resetting your CMOS. This will reset your bios and it should read your chip then. If that doesn't do the trick take the battery out for a few minutes then back and then boot up. Also if you are using a new chip with a old board then you may need to update the bios so the board will recognize the new cpu. I've been building and overclocking for about 15 years now.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

reply to post by BrianC

Thanks

Try resetting your CMOS. This will reset your bios and it should read your chip then. If that doesn't do the trick take the battery out for a few minutes then back and then boot up. Also if you are using a new chip with a old board then you may need to update the bios so the board will recognize the new cpu. I've been building and overclocking for about 15 years now.

He beat me to it ^^^^

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Nope, it's fixed, playing on it right now..
Cpu was just loose from the traveling. I popped it out and popped it back and everything works. Thanks all
edit on 10-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

join