It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your soul on the Karmic Wheel?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianC

Brian...Karma is the cycle that a soul goes through to attain enlightenment and dare I say...ascension to a higher realm of existence.

I am sure that you have heard the term "old soul"...there is a reason for that. Those souls are at the end of the Karmic cycle. Not that they are physically old, but they have attained all the knowledge required to move them into the higher realms of existence.

"New Souls" on the other hand are hungry, angry, greedy, basically animalistic, because possibly they just came from an animal type being.

If you pay attention to people, you can get a glimpse of where people are in their Karmic Cycle.

I know you will say that is New Age BS....well actually it is not. From some of the most ancient culture here on earth, these wisdoms come. This is not a "religion" either...it is a fundamental understanding.
edit on 9-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Here is a good Terence vid for Kro. This is a good McKenna example...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Another one!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It's hard to promote right brained ideas in a world that demands left brained thinking... it'll be the doom of us all, unless we can learn that logic isn't the only answer, there are other answers within as well.

At least Lennon decided to put his "pop stardom" to good use, and use his voice for what he thought was right. Anyone who's done the tiniest research into the ideas he was presenting, yeah obviously all of them weren't originally his, but what's so bad about spreading a little peace and love. For christ sake, have you looked at the world recently? Imagine everyone loved each other instead of tried killing and taking advantage of each other. You think humans are developing technologies at a fast rate now, imagine all 7 billion people on this planet all contributing, surely it is not a dream worth attempting to reach?
edit on 9-8-2011 by SpreadLoveNotHate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I know everyone is sick of this...but if one person watches...then great! Yes...crossing the religious line! Ha ha

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The terence videos are great! Have you seen his one on culture? He talks about it being an operating system, its pretty interesting

He talks about it a bit in the second video, but he has his own videos dedicated to it
edit on 9-8-2011 by SpreadLoveNotHate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

I only wish I could express myself like Terence. Anyway...retool our values ...that is his message.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

I don't care what anyone says about Terence and drugs...he makes more sense than what the hell is going on in the world right now. Yes, big Terence fan!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

John Lennon was a musical genius and an inspirational lyricist, but in real life he was an arrogant, petulant, selfish, badly-behaved multimillionaire.

As for my own position on the Karmic Wheel, I think I’m pretty close to the axle.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

It is nice to get some first hand knowledge...hopefully you will be the next John Lennon in the Karmic Wheel!

I wish for you all the riches and wealth in your next Karmic life!

So let it be written........

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Guess we all should start smoking pot and dropping acid and the world would be very enlightened and we would all get along happily ever after.

I can think many people in this world would benefit from smoking a quiet spliff, or having their minds forcibly expanded for a time. It's the 2 big legal recreational drugs that cause the most deaths and destruction in this world per capita. I've never seen 2 hippies get into fight and start smashing up the place after enjoying a bong. Total deaths caused directly by weed and '___' last year = 0

But enough on drugs. Most people here seem to have a totally incorrect view on what karma is. It has nothing to do with doing something 'evil' and then getting hit by a car. It is about letting go of ones attachments in the material world over many lifetimes in order to eventually become one with the source again.
edit on 10/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

I like you...wise gopher!

Why do you think that our views are wrong or misconstrued?
edit on 10-8-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Its a shame that so many threads are interelated in some way, it would make it easier to communicate to one audience, anyway on with the show.

Everything comes from the mind or thought. There are many musicians that relay this to us in songs, not just Mr. Lennon. The hard part is being in control or the master of your thoughts, doing so allows you to become aware of who you are and what you can do to make the world you live in a better place for everyone. Most conflict in the world is caused by miscommunication and thoughtless actions.

As far as Karma goes I believe it can come back just as quick as it is given out. Think about a conflict where heated (thoughtless) words are exchanged and then physical confrontation ensues. Is that not Karma in a direct response? Of course Karma is all encompassing and can strike you at any time in your life. What you give out comes back, in other words if you think and act negatively it will come back to you raise its ugly head eventually. The same is so for positive Karma but it has a beautiful head.

Where am I on the Karmic wheel? Well I don't feel I'm on a wheel as that would be going in circles. I like to think of it as a straight, narrow path that leads to the final destination, enlightenment or heaven or whatever label you wish to put on it.

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Guess we all should start smoking pot and dropping acid and the world would be very enlightened and we would all get along happily ever after.

Uh, oh, Kro.......it's bad news to speak ill of John Lennon......look out:

Who needs to smoke pot or drop acid to appreciate lyrics like this?

Instant Karma's gonna get you,
Gonna knock you right on the head,
You better get yourself together,
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead,

What in the world you thinking of,
Laughing in the face of love,
What on earth you tryin' to do,
It's up to you, yeah you.

Gonna look you right in the face,
Better get yourself together darlin',
Join the human race,

How in the world you gonna see,
Laughin' at fools like me,
Who on earth d'you think you are,
A superstar,
Well, right you are.

Well we all shine on,
Like the moon and the stars and the sun,
Well we all shine on,
Ev'ryone come on.

Gonna knock you off your feet,
Better recognize your brothers,
Ev'ryone you meet,

Why in the world are we here,
Surely not to live in pain and fear,
Why on earth are you there,
When you're ev'rywhere,
Come and get your share.

Well we all shine on,
Like the moon and the stars and the sun,
Yeah we all shine on,
Come on and on and on on on Text

(P.S.....And, Kro, don't forget...RON PAUL 2012!!!!!!!!.....muahahahaha)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The idea of a karmic wheel should be replaced with the idea of a karmic pendulum - when the pendulum reaches an absolute equilibrium, then enlightenment is discovered.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Funny! Thanks for that....What in the world is up with Yoko in this video? She is all bandaged up!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher

I like you...wise gopher!

Why do you think that our views are wrong or misconstrued

Cheers man. My guess is it's misinformation people's ex flower power parents carried across and from the 60's and 70's and used it to chastise their kiddies with...

"STOP taping your sister to the wall young man right this minute!!!"

"But why mommy?"

"Because if you do bad things bad things will happen to you"

"But why...."

"Because it's karma" *smack*

And so the misinformation continues. You gotta admit though it's is a good way of keeping the less informed in line though. And imagine what a different place the world would be karma were really this simple....

edit on 10/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Any fool can see that karma doesn’t work in a single lifetime. Lots of evil people die rich, popular and unrepentant, lots of poor, humble, long-suffering folk get shafted.

So some people invented reincarnation to give karma more time in which to operate. According to these folk, we live not just one life but an endless succession of lives, and karma accumulated in a previous lifetime operates to determine the kind of life we are born into next time round.

In other words, to make a dodgy idea (karma) work, the dopes invented an even dodgier idea, reincarnation.

There is not a shred of evidence that either karma or reincarnation exist.

Yer Karmic Wheel is a metaphor for something that does not exist.

edit on 10/8/11 by Astyanax because: of dopes.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by kro32

Yea because he didn't do anything else or contribute anything else to the world besides smoking pot and dropping acid.

Example: Anybody not named john Lennon who smokes pot and drops acid.

And what have you done to contribute to this world? or your family, or your families family?
Ah thats right...you spread hate on ATS...kudos...
waste of oxygen...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Much like Amy Winehouse he used a lot of drugs and popularized it with the youth of the time.
Celebrities have a lot of influence and in that regard he used his power to harm a generation of fans.

I have done drugs, they make you an idiot. Kro is 100% correct.

That being said...why would we take ANY advice from you?
Especially one that just systematically explained to us that he was an idiot...

Stay off the computer, the web would be a wiser place =]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join