It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by laiguana
The women are just as much responsible for it because they allow it to happen.

That is a very ignorant and naive statement.

These women are waterboarded, and denied food if they don't cooperate. They are taught from birth to squash all tendency to question.

I still blame them for their weakness, and their lack of sense.

I understand - but I still judge.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Reminds me a whole lot of the Branch Davidians/Koresh cult. Like Koresh, Warren Jeffs was not acting alone. Every adult at that compound should be investigated for their part in child rape.

...so, you dont believe in freedom of religion if the practices of the religion offend you?...

...do you know that there are old-timey fundamentalist christians who incorporate the use of rattlesnakes in their services?... their kids are present and at risk... should that religion be demonized?... should those adults be prosecuted by a government who claims we have freedom of religion?...

...what about old-timey jews that still believe in arranged marriage contracts, some of which are often "a done deal" before the children involved hit puberty?... is that less horrible than the flds practices because there is no intercourse involved?... or is it just none of our biz cuz its their religious practice?... i vote for the latter...

...i think koresh was a psychopath and jeffs is too... i see their followers as victims, even those who were willing victims... technically, both leaders were initially victims of the psychopaths that put them on the road that led to their demise and the same can be said of jim jones, pat robertson, jimmy swaggert (its a big list) but its hard to have sympathy for them...

...i have issues with the ilk of conventional christians who crap all over other people's religions when their own not only has a horrendous history of crimes against humanity but is also laced with faux cannabilistic rituals that they expose their children to and its okay cuz they're the "moral majority" (an oxymoron if ever there was one)...

...i have issues with the government turning a blind eye on conventional christian rituals that put children at risk but legislating against other forms of religion (including other forms of christianity)... either we have freedom of religion or we dont... right now, we dont and we havent in a long time...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I commend you! I have never seen a more hypocritical post than this one!

You seem to be for "freedom of religion" unless it has to do with "conventional christians", yet you have the gall to start your post with:

...so, you dont believe in freedom of religion if the practices of the religion offend you?...

See ya,
Milt

new topics

<< 1   >>

join