It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison

www.cnn.com

San Angelo, Texas (CNN) -- Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison plus 20 years for sexually assaulting two girls he claimed were his "spiritual wives."

Jeffs, 55, will have to spend at least 45 years in prison before being eligible for release, according to Jerry Strickland, spokesman for the Texas Attorney General's office.

The jury sentenced Jeffs to life in prison for aggravated sexual assault of a 12-year-old girl and 20 years in prison for the sexual assault of a 15-year-old girl. He must serve at least 35 years of the life sentence and half of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm very happy to see this man receive this sentence as what he did was really inexcusable. With the recent upheavel over the Casey Anthony trial it's good to see jury's that still have the ability to think clearly.

Hopefully this will save some children from the horrors they may have experienced had they been forced to remain under this man's tyrannical rule.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
When I was growing up, a boy lived with us for a year or so, a boy from Colorado City, an isolated town in the Arizona Strip. In those days, Colorado City was the headquarters of Jeff's FLDS sect, which was ruled in those days by Jeff's now-dead father, Rulon Jeffs. At the time Rulon was believed to be immortal and it was thought he would not die and was infallable by the people in the community. (they really believed this!)

The boy (who is now a man, and remains a close friend) was kicked out of the city with a group of four other boys for trying to hook up a satellite to a TV in a camper so they and their familes could watch normal TV. Jeffs prohibited TV for all Colorado City FLDS members (which was most or maybe all of Colorado City). The boy got tossed out for breaking the rules. But this was not the real reason. The real reason was that Jeffs and his scummy cronies wanted the teen girls for themselves so they find any reason possible to kick out the young males! These boys go off into the "real world" without a cent, no possibility of returning to the community, and very little knoweldge of the real world. Their girlfriends meanwhile get turned into sex slaves for dirty old FLDS men!

My father, bless him, took in this boy after finding him in Salt Lake City wandering around downtown filthy and asking for money. With no asking, he just brought him home to live with us! My mom was furious but it was the right thing to do. Now he is a more or less normal part of "real" society, but many other young men from that community are not! Not to mention the horror of the child brides forced to marry those nasty old hypocrites of course. What a mess!

edit on 9-8-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Life?

That's certainly going to be a precarious timeline in prison - - for Warren.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

"Things are happening so quickly. There is an even younger girl that the Lord wants me to take. She is 13. For some reason the Lord is sending me these girls that can be worked with."

The first comment on the article: "When you are in prison and Bubba has YOU bent over, take a good look at the shoelaces you will later use to hang your sick self."

I don't believe there's anything left to say.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/906d9bd79a41.gif[/atsimg]

For the jury. Always happy to see another sick ____ locked away and unable to harm children. Eligible for parole at 90... still not quite good enough IMO.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Domo1 because: spallllllling

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Usually when one hears about a case of child rape like this we take some small delight in knowing that the rapist will get punked out in prison and therefore a taste of his own medicine, but in Jeffs case, as a polygamist child rapist, we can only hope that he'll get the "reverse polygamist" treatment in prison as he is punked out to every bubba on the cell block.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I am very glad to see that the Jury incarcerated the sick pedophile, because that is really all he is a pedophile, that is what they all are who participate in those situations with minors. Now my thoughts and prayers are with those little girls that they will get some much needed help.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
He's going to have trouble "finding God" in prison, he "found God" on the outside, abused his power and now he reaps what he has sown.

Instead, where he is going, I'm sure he'll find a few things he was never looking for....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I followed this trial on "In Session" Just when I think I have heard it all. Wow. This guy should be put under the jail. And it seems from what I have learned. people knew this crap was going on for years and didn't do anything about it. I was listening to a conversation today where they said that there were mothers who knew their daughters were being abused and did nothing.
And then there's the allegations that this cult has been robbing the government blind, with wefare faud.
I just don't understand how all this has been going on and no one did anything about it. I hope alot more people go to jail.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
...how quickly some usofa-ers forget or dont know our country's not so distant past...

...during the first half of the 1900s, it was very common for a 13 or 14yr old girl to become a bride... often to a much older man... mostly she had no say-so in who she married... some were even arranged marriages...

...those people werent foreigners or members of some weirdo cult... mostly they were "normal" mainstream white christian americans...

...ever hear of the orphan trains?... the kids were inspected by prospective "buyers" as if they were livestock... lots of those little girls were purchased solely for use as a personal whore - little boys too... there were some good stories that came out of that but many of those kids were treated like slaves or worse...

...but everyone wants to make a big deal over warren jeffs and the flds and conveniently forget that theres been lots of american men just like him and, not that long ago, it was 100% legal...

...mini history lesson over... go back to fantasizing about warren jeffs being sodomized in prison and pretending thats NOT more about YOU than him...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Thank God!

I read the article that detailed the recording of him telling the girls how to please him sexually.
Disgusting.
This is the kind of thing that really tests my position on capital murder (aka punishment).
Enjoy Big Purple every night for the rest of your life!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...how quickly some usofa-ers forget or dont know our country's not so distant past...

...during the first half of the 1900s, it was very common for a 13 or 14yr old girl to become a bride... often to a much older man... mostly she had no say-so in who she married... some were even arranged marriages...

...those people werent foreigners or members of some weirdo cult... mostly they were "normal" mainstream white christian americans...

...ever hear of the orphan trains?... the kids were inspected by prospective "buyers" as if they were livestock... lots of those little girls were purchased solely for use as a personal whore - little boys too... there were some good stories that came out of that but many of those kids were treated like slaves or worse...

...but everyone wants to make a big deal over warren jeffs and the flds and conveniently forget that theres been lots of american men just like him and, not that long ago, it was 100% legal...

...mini history lesson over... go back to fantasizing about warren jeffs being sodomized in prison and pretending thats NOT more about YOU than him...

So you want to go back to selling children or what?

Not so long ago America had slaves, should we not be offended by that anymore?

I take it you have not ever met anyone who has been sexually abused as a child then?
edit on 9-8-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Forgive me, but wth are you saying? That those were the good ole days? WTH difference does it make that it was common 100 YEARS AGO? We passed laws against child brides for a reason, it's WRONG.

I'm so glad he got life. Let that be a message to any other SICK f**k that thinks they can rape children.
I would love to be present when he meets God. Anyone that uses God's name in order to commit evil should be sooooooo scared of dying.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

I'm very happy to see this man receive this sentence as what he did was really inexcusable. With the recent upheavel over the Casey Anthony trial it's good to see jury's that still have the ability to think clearly.

It's a little bit trolling, but Ill take the bait. The casey anthony case showed me and you and everyone else that the court system can actually work. I think in this case the sentence was a little heavy.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

This "most" 13-14 year old thing is pure bunk. It isn't true. I've looked through Church records and government records, and newspaper records from all over the US, Canada, and the UK. Some of other parts of Europe, and even some records still around from China (many family genealogies were burned on Mao's command).

It happened some. Not often. Most females married between 18-27. Most men between 23-35.

edit on 2011/8/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

I see no justice in comparing the two:

Woman + murder = acquitted
Man + sex = life in prison

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just a minute here...that man alone wasn't responsible for the state of affairs that those underage girls and boys were put through. The women are just as much responsible for it because they allow it to happen. They should be prosecuted as well. Don't give me this 'brainwashed' non-sense...If they're adults they should know better. End of story...

Cases like this just further proves how religion is continually used to excuse unlawful and abominable behavior.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
The women are just as much responsible for it because they allow it to happen.

That is a very ignorant and naive statement.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't know, after watching some of the interviews with these FLDS women, I think they should be held responsible for child rape as well, they forced these young girls into this life style. That's the problem with these lunatic cults, they're all brainwashed. They are so convinced this scumbag child rapist is a prophet of god they were coercing their own children to marry him.

Reminds me a whole lot of the Branch Davidians/Koresh cult. Like Koresh, Warren Jeffs was not acting alone. Every adult at that compound should be investigated for their part in child rape.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join