It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Riots: Government Prepares Troops - Martial Law Imminent. - 9th August 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Americans!! Watch closely and pay attention to how this plays out from this point on as THIS RIGHT HERE will be the playbook that we will be taking from when the bottom drops out here in the states:

Because believe you and me....this is sure to come to our shores. The only question being how soon? TPTB are reaping what they've sown and I have some unexplained sense of urgency that things will be developing very rapidly from this point forward. Now we are hearing about things popping off down in Chile as well...not to mention the Arab states along with Israel clashes. Greece still at it also? Something strongly telling me that this is what the world has been expecting and waiting for...or at least those of us that have seen it coming now for years. May God help us all

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
you had to see that coming its a very thin line between rubber bullets and real ones --- whats interesting is that you dont hear much about the particulars about the situation between the young man and the police that started all this, where the police clearly in the wrong and how so (i know the locals seem to think they where wayyyyy in the wrong)
edit on 9-8-2011 by 11165 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Edit to add: OMG and be sure to catch where dude says that one of the leaders there in the U.K. had debated whether to leave vacation or not in order to come back and deal with things
Wow! They REALLY DON'T GET IT DO THEY?!?! My God how clueless can these leaders (U.S. included) really be?!?! Man they gonna really get what they deserve (I hope).

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
They're sayin that they are not "ruling out the possibility" of marshal law. If there are riotings tomorow, then they have a choice, marshal law or civil war. People have already taken the law to their own hands and shown up the police, the possibility is high, granted, but we wont find out untill 10am tomorow morning (earliest) after the PM has his meeting with COBRA.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
During the initial Cobra meeting the government said no to Military intervention, No to water canons and No to rubber bullets but the later has been overturned.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In my opinion, this will be a very crucial moment for all of us!

When and if the Military is called in we will see how they conduct themselves. Will they fire on their own people?

Will the American government support another nation using the military, or will they denounce any use of force against the people?

That will let us know what we can expect should the shtf.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
why are they even rioting? i haven't been watching this at all

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow....thats not a good thing at all, Thanks OP I been trying to get more news about it but haven't found nothing. I remember the Oscar Grant Riots and Rodney King riots in California. Make no mistake riots bring troops here in the US even faster than in the UK.. The thing that really bothers me is how they say its kids doing it and make it sound like they need a nap..Thats sooooo outta touch with what it really is..All the people that are out rioting are in their 20s late teens and talking about how theres no work an no future and they cant feed their families..Ive never seen a school boy wanting to riot because he cant feed his children...Total BS Propaganda

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Don't forget that America has implemented Marshall law in the past and it worked out as intended with no mass shootings of people.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
So know the kids think there fighting C.O.B.R.A

Cobra Commander
Code Name:
Enemy Leader

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Is that really the name of the whatever it is????Cobra?? LMAO no way

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
is this a real news broadcast? 'bike riding teenagers' are to blame for these riots!!!? i don't know 3 teenagers who can agree on what movie to see,or what video game to play!!!! i can't get my teenager to shut the damn bathroom light off for god's sake!!! now these lazy s.o.b.s have the organizational skills to orchestrate this!!! give me a fu........ing break!!! do they think we're that stupid to fall for this news? i guess their education system is so good,that the english teenager is trained to understand,and carry out militant terrorist attacks,breach the top rated security of the london olympics,without being stopped by the police! incredible! remember parents,KEEP YOUR CHILDREN AT HOME!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
about time they brought in the army....

They are putting everyone in danger. I was appalled to see the woman have to jump for her life out of a burning apartment.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

a slew of posts..try to stay with the group.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

The news have been terrible in reporting this, you can only get the truth from radio programs and social networks.
The reality is the kids on the bikes are the "scouts" so to speak, they ride off, see where the cops are, and tell the elders where they're coming from so they know where to go.
There has been many reports of entire families doing looting, using their kids to help them load their cars.
Many of these looters are between 20- mid 30's. Even some people have mentioned early 40's.
The news are blaming the kids for an easy target.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by reficul

Many of these looters are between 20- mid 30's. Even some people have mentioned early 40's.

I noticed that on the news... the older ones cover their faces...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by reficul

I noticed that on the news... the older ones cover their faces...

And how many of those are Agent Provocateurs may I ask? Gee I wonder.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy

No, it is actually called COBR, but the media calls it Cobra. It stands for cabinet office briefing room.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hippo45

No, it is actually called COBR, but the media calls it Cobra. It stands for cabinet office briefing room.

not its actually:

COBR(A) stands for Cabinet Office Briefing Room (A).

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Originally posted by Hippo45

not its actually:

COBR(A) stands for Cabinet Office Briefing Room (A).

new topics

top topics

join