It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcohol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
What is your favorite bottle. I dont want to hear fancy whines. Hard liqour or beer. Or even your flavored drinks. Even things like yagermeister. Just no wines.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Are you asking favorite type to drink or favorite design of the bottle?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

Kessler.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a good to great cognac --- not great like louie the 13th but atleast as great as remy1738 or hennessey privledge/paradise, i can drink the right cognac warm and without chaser, to me thats what makes a good liquor --- as for beer ima beer slut ill drink any beer once or twice especially if its the only one in the house; im put off by people who say "oh ill only drink heineken" or i only drink corona
edit on 9-8-2011 by 11165 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As Ozzy said: Wine is fine but Whiskey's quicker

Favourite Single Malts are Talisker, Laphroaig and Bowmore
Favourite American stuff is Jim Beam Black, Maker's Mark and occassional Jack Daniels though that really is just a Cola enhancer, i don't even get drunk on it.

I tried Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine, that was interesting and way better than expected.

I also like Rum, real rum not the Bacardi crap. Brugal is awesome, especially the older ones. Flor de Cana is also a very, very good rum.

And living in Bavaria beer is also common. We have the best beer in the world, especially compared to the piss water they sell in the US as beer
Honestly, the first time i tried Miller i thought it was just water with some chemical stuff in it,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

shhh --- you just gave away millers secret recipe handed down from douche bag to douche bag lol

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have recently taken to Kopparberg fruit ciders, the strawberry and lime one is awesome

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What about taste? Is it about taste or how drunk you get? I mean who want to drink something sour? Something tasteful and with strong alcohol.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Stoli (stolichnaya) vodka. Its smooth and mixes well with everything.

And......daiquiri's from New Orleans, the best on the planet!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If you are a fan of bourbon the best I have tried by far is A. H. Hirsch Reserve, which can be quite hard to find, and at $300 a bottle to boot. Woodward Reserve is also very good, and much cheaper. But if any of you get the chance to try the Hirsch Reserve bourbon, don't pass it up.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
E n j, brandy

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
All of the Sierra Nevada beers, Presidente, Red Stripe, and of course Heineken are my favorite beers as of now, but as a beer lover i want to try as many as I can (except light beers
)
edit on 9-8-2011 by smokeythabear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
And living in Bavaria beer is also common. We have the best beer in the world, especially compared to the piss water they sell in the US as beer
Honestly, the first time i tried Miller i thought it was just water with some chemical stuff in it,

Well then don't drink a national brand. I was in Germany a couple of years ago and all anyone served was Bit and I'll tell you, Bit is the Miller of Germany--not exactly special. "Bitte ein Bit" Kein danke. If you want to get good American beer, you pretty much have to go regional or local. I can't speak for the East Coast, but in the West there are hundreds of micro-breweries that generally put out excellent stuff--you'd be pleasantly surprised and pleased. Probably the same in Germany; I just didn't know where to go. For regionals I like Henry Weinard or Alaskan Amber. As for Bud Light or Coors? You may as well drink Dixie, made out of Mississippi catfish piss.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I've been to the Ole smoky distillery in Gatlinburg, it smelled SOOOOO good in there!

Free samples too but unfortunately I didn't get to try any.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Any Great Western beer ..as well as Kokanee beer. (the ones brewed in BC)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
not much of a selection where I live so it's usually Carlsberg Export or Becks, but for flavour I do like the old "Gold of the Inca's" Cusquena lager.
or if I am wanting something stronger I'll go for rum or whiskey. I am a fan of Captain Morgans spiced rum I do have to say. yaaaaarharhar
edit on 9/8/2011 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Man its hard to narrow down a favorite but I guess right now my favorite liquor would be Patron Silver or Dewars on the rocks. Also hard to beat a tall Blue Moon.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
especially compared to the piss water they sell in the US as beer

Oh no you didn't!

The US is home to the best beers on the planet. Yeah, mainstream light American Lagers are crap, but you must not have any idea of the HUGE craft brew market here in the US. A local store here has over 1,000 beers. Granted many are imports, but I'd hazard a guess at least half are domestic craft brews.

Germany has some awesome Bocks, Dopplebocks, and wheat beers, but they don't have anything on the massive variety and quality we have here in the states. Pale Ales, IPAs, Double IPAs, Red Ales, Imperial Red, Barleywines, Porters, Stouts, Russian Imperial Stouts, Wheats, Pretty much every single type of beer from anywhere on the planet is available in the US made by domestic craft brewers that really know what they're doing, and produce a very high quality product. Don't get me wrong, if there was any country other than the USA I would live in for beer, it would be Germany, but I think the US has it beat to be honest.

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
What about taste? Is it about taste or how drunk you get? I mean who want to drink something sour? Something tasteful and with strong alcohol.

Many people like sour beers. Sour brown ales are quite delicious, made sour by fermenting with lactobacillus.

Anyway,

If you couldn't tell I'm a beer guy. Drinker and home brewer.

Some of my top favorites in alphabetical order as they appear in my tasting book, I'd say a good 80% is left out.

Ayinger Celebrator
Bridgeport Hop Czar
Chimay Red, Blue, and White
Deschutes Artic Weizenbock
Deschutes Black Butte XXI + XXII
Deschutes The Abyss (all years)
Deschutes Le Cycliste
Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre
Dogfish Head Punkin Ale
Dogfish Head 90min IPA
Dogfish Head Chicory Stout
Full Sail '09 Reserve Barleywine
Franziskaner Hefeweissbier
Flying Dog Imperial Porter
Flying Dog Barleywine
HUB Rise Up Red
Hacker Pschorr Dunkleweisse
Konigshoeven Quadrupel
La Fin Du Monde Tripel
Lagunitas Brown Shugga
Lagunitas Gnarleywine
Lagunitas Lucky 13
Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale
Maisel's Weisse
Mt Hood Brewing Hogsback Oatmeal Stout
Nostradamus Belgian Brown
Oscar Blues Gordon (G'Knight)
Oscar Blues Ten Fidey
Ninkasi Total Domination IPA
North Coast Brewing Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
New Belgium La Folie Sour Brown Ale
Ommegang Quadrupel Ale
Russian River Damnation and Pliny The Elder
Red Hook Treblehook Barleywine
Red Hook Dunkleweizen
Rogue Double Mocha Porter
Stone Ruination IPA
Stone Arrogant Bastard Ale
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
St Bernardus Abt. 12
St Bernardus Christmas Ale
Widmer W'11 KGB Russian Imperial Stout
Widmer W'08 Crimson Wheat
Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier
21st Amendment Brewing Monk's Blood
Dr Fritz Briem 1809 Berlinerweisse

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gossipnancy

I like brandy and whiskey,no beer or wine.
I only drink it by the capfuls,not by shots.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The best beer by far is Arrogant Bastard Ale!
I'm sure that many on ATS are quite fond of this brand!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join