It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence breaks out amid massive street protests in Chile; Students demand education reforms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Violence breaks out amid massive street protests in Chile; Students demand education reforms

ca.news.yahoo.com

SANTIAGO, Chile - Violence erupted on the streets of Chile's capital and other cities Tuesday as tens of thousands of students staged another protest demanding changes in public education.

Masked demonstrators burned cars and barricades, looted storefronts and threw furniture at police in Santiago. Some attacked an apartment building, throwing rocks and breaking windows. Riot police used tear gas and tanks with water cannons to push them back.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It was/still England but now Chile for protests these protests turned very violent very quickly this one hasn't really been reported much but they were banned protests for 5 days and nearly 900 arrests but 70,000 and 80,000 marched in Santiago protesting education reforms. This has been going on for quite a while as well.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't agree with violence as an answer, HOWEVER, it is nice to see the people of the world banding together against establishments of power!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Government / People rarely listen without Violence. I hate to say that , but its simply true.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
sometimes i get a glimmer of hope that the world might be waking up a bit...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
sometimes i get a glimmer of hope that the world might be waking up a bit...

top topics

join