It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Verizon Union Picketer Unleashes Profanity-Laced Tirade In Front of Daughter

page: 3
3
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I would have to agree that this guy, whoever he is, went a bit over the top (if it wasn't staged??). I've been Verizon technician for over 15 years and if this is real I can understand his frustration. Verizon is selling everyone a load of BS. Verizon Execs love to cry about losses in their wire-line business (phone lines over their old copper based network-plant) when to them it's a dead stick anyway (they have already sold multiple states of plant). I admit that due to cell phones and competition (cable) Verizon was losing business but since FIOS came about that has all changed. In my state they only keep skeleton crews to maintain the old copper based plant so they don't get in trouble with the PCU/BPU. I have been installing Verizon's new network, FIOS for 4 years and this is the hardest I've worked since I started. In my area (two counties) we average 200 new FIOS installations a day and are no where near saturation. Anyone who's had new (non existing) FIOS service installed can testify to how involved (labor intensive) and timley (4-6 hrs without problems) it is. Last year Verizon made 24 billion in profits with it's top Execs taking home lovely bonuses. Early this year Verizon also stared making profits on their initial investment in FIOS. Verizon wants the unions to make over 1000 concessions to existing contracts and in six weeks prior to the contracts expiring chose not to negotiate in good faith. To sum it up - Union Busting!




posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed
 


They should charge the father with child endangerment - assuming it's a real father and the video wasn't staged. Another thing that struck me as odd with the video is the camera man who posted it on YouTube writes in the caption "Go Jim!" - which indicates he is there as part of the protest and knows the person in it - and that is really odd they would then post this for all the world to see what an ass the father is.

When it can be proven that this is a real member of this union then I'll believe it. I've emailed them at their Web site for confirmation.



posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Looks like more Macman neocon propoganda, not cool Macman! Seriously though Shaun Hannity you don't have anything better to do?



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by macman
 


Actually they are in charge of FIOS. Verizon workers are striking where I live to and the news specified that if you needed FIOS installed or had an issue with FIOS you out of luck. From my understanding the only thing not being affected is verizon wireless everything else is. Their grief is that the company made a profit of over 4 billion dollars last year and refuses to increase their benefits/wage. I think its fair considering these people are on the front lines everyday.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



No, it's not that they want them to INCREASE their benefits and wages; it's that they DON'T want them to REDUCE their benefits and wage.


Originally posted by youdidntseeme
i have since left the union, fund employment doing the same thing, and have never been happier, as is my wallet because my salary and raises are not subject to a contractual agreement between someone arbitrating my 'best interests' and the business owner. I will only allow myself to speak for my best interests.


While I understand your POV, most people can't speak for their own best interests. They are afraid of the consequences of asking for what they need, and are not persuasive on their own. They need to unionize to have any chance of fulfilling their interests, because they can't stand alone.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by -W1LL
 


I sure do. What would you like to know?



how can you make that statement then>? you obviously have no clue what and why unions are.



this is completely inaccurate.



So since the decline of landline usage in America spreads, the Verizon workers go on strike. What a crazy world this is. Need for a product goes down, a company is forced to let people go and they stomp their feet and yell "nah ah". Not only do they stomp their feet, they go off on tantrums to the people filling in for the protestors, block business and then post it as if this is the right thing to do. Crazy

edit on 8/9/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)


Yeah, ok. Since I have dealt with them closely for more then 5 years, I have no clue, sure sure.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
It's always funny to hear people talk about something they know nothing about.
The general public thinks telcom is a string and two cans.
And most don't know their cell phone call goes through their local phone companies network, and most fiber is leased by all telcom companies from fiber providers.


I think you, I and maybe 3 other ATS'ers really know what is going on int he Telecom world.
There is another guy, based out of Canada that does Telecom as well.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by TheOneYouFearIsRight

Originally posted by Zaanny
reply to post by TheOneYouFearIsRight
 


How is it the Union workers fault that YOU did not secure better benefits....

Actually it is people like YOU who have cut each others throats to make those benefits disappear....


edit on 9-8-2011 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)


Really? And here I thought it was the free market.

I never realized that I was single-handedly responsible for health-care in this country being unaffordable and for pensions to be cut for everyone!

Oh my goodness, I had better tear up my voter registration card, get my star and sickle hat on and join a union before it is too late!


It is a free market... and those employees are free to collectively bargain just as their employers are free to outsource jobs. Free market is free market. I don't understand how people complain about unions in a free market.


Because the same "Free-ness" espoused for the worker is not given to the business owner. They are forced to allow their business to unionize.

Freedom for one, but not the other.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Looks like more Macman neocon propoganda, not cool Macman! Seriously though Shaun Hannity you don't have anything better to do?


I wish. My paycheck would be alot larger then what it is.

Plus the hair, oh the hair!!!.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I really don't care about the guy swearing in front of his daughter. Free country, free speech. If he wants to bring the whole family, I don't care, it is his decision.
I do like the idea though that even with a company making money, and a single department not, that the workers in that department expect Verizon to keep them on.
Sounds like the Obama economic plan alright.

I have yet to see any union Qwest worker willingly cross train into another field, unless they personally want that position. All the guys I have ever worked with fight tooth and nail to keep their position and not have any additional roles/responsibilities or work added.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by adifferentbreed
 


They should charge the father with child endangerment - assuming it's a real father and the video wasn't staged. Another thing that struck me as odd with the video is the camera man who posted it on YouTube writes in the caption "Go Jim!" - which indicates he is there as part of the protest and knows the person in it - and that is really odd they would then post this for all the world to see what an ass the father is.

When it can be proven that this is a real member of this union then I'll believe it. I've emailed them at their Web site for confirmation.


Why should the father be charged with anything? it is not your kid, not your responsibility.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoneboy800
I would have to agree that this guy, whoever he is, went a bit over the top (if it wasn't staged??). I've been Verizon technician for over 15 years and if this is real I can understand his frustration. Verizon is selling everyone a load of BS. Verizon Execs love to cry about losses in their wire-line business (phone lines over their old copper based network-plant) when to them it's a dead stick anyway (they have already sold multiple states of plant). I admit that due to cell phones and competition (cable) Verizon was losing business but since FIOS came about that has all changed. In my state they only keep skeleton crews to maintain the old copper based plant so they don't get in trouble with the PCU/BPU. I have been installing Verizon's new network, FIOS for 4 years and this is the hardest I've worked since I started. In my area (two counties) we average 200 new FIOS installations a day and are no where near saturation. Anyone who's had new (non existing) FIOS service installed can testify to how involved (labor intensive) and timley (4-6 hrs without problems) it is. Last year Verizon made 24 billion in profits with it's top Execs taking home lovely bonuses. Early this year Verizon also stared making profits on their initial investment in FIOS. Verizon wants the unions to make over 1000 concessions to existing contracts and in six weeks prior to the contracts expiring chose not to negotiate in good faith. To sum it up - Union Busting!


So what is your opinion of CLECs??



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Because the same "Free-ness" espoused for the worker is not given to the business owner. They are forced to allow their business to unionize.

Freedom for one, but not the other.



I'm not entirely well-versed in the legalities here, but I think that's not true. As far as I know, business owners are legally free not to allow their employees to unionize; Staples stores are non-union, for example.

The people who force them to allow unionisation are the unions and the members of the unions, which is, again, an essential element of collective bargaining in a free market.

If I'm wrong about the laws, though, correct me.

Also, was it necessary to reply 7 times in a row...? I think it would be much more efficient to edit your personalized replies into one post, but I could be missing something here too.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Good for him.

Great to see the union spirit still alive and kicking. Someone has to defend the hardworking middle class.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Verizon Union Picketer Unleashes Profanity-Laced Tirade In Front of Daughter


www.theblaze.com

Verizon landline workers are currently staging a massive strike stretching from Massachusetts to Virginia. They’re protesting cutbacks as a result of declining business. But as they try to win the hearts, minds, and wallets of their employer (and even the public), you got to think the video you‘re about to see certainly won’t help.

A video was posted on YouTube yesterday shows an alleged Verizon picketer going berserk at what appears to be replacement workers or management trying to cross the picket line in a Verizon truck. The man, however, is not alone. In the video, his daughter ca
(visit the link for the full news article)



So what. I swear in front of my kid and he is well aware that he will have the privilege to swear when he is older.

It's not the sign of a bad person or parent, if that is what this article is getting at.
edit on 8/10/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So Dad dropped a few F-Bombs. I would bet any amount of money that the child has heard much worse on the school playground.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


I can't believe you actually linked to the blaze!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Glenn Beck's site!!! BAHAHAHA!!!!

Okay so the blaze is NOT a new site, it is a biased work of propaganda put out by a right wing neo-con nut job who has lost all credibility because he has been caught outright lying about many issues. That's why he is no longer on FoxNews (which is also a very biased channel that lies a lot).

But seriously if these people want to protest they have that right. And you shouldn't lack the empathy to write off their jobs just because cell phones are so popular. The unemployment rate in the US sucks, we shouldn't be firing people, we should be creating more jobs.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cantmakedisup
reply to post by macman
 


I can't believe you actually linked to the blaze!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Glenn Beck's site!!! BAHAHAHA!!!!

Okay so the blaze is NOT a new site, it is a biased work of propaganda put out by a right wing neo-con nut job who has lost all credibility because he has been caught outright lying about many issues. That's why he is no longer on FoxNews (which is also a very biased channel that lies a lot).

But seriously if these people want to protest they have that right. And you shouldn't lack the empathy to write off their jobs just because cell phones are so popular. The unemployment rate in the US sucks, we shouldn't be firing people, we should be creating more jobs.


Oh definetly keep the department going, even when it has little work to do.
In fact, hire more people in that department.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join