It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon Union Picketer Unleashes Profanity-Laced Tirade In Front of Daughter

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by macman

Actually they are in charge of FIOS. Verizon workers are striking where I live to and the news specified that if you needed FIOS installed or had an issue with FIOS you out of luck. From my understanding the only thing not being affected is verizon wireless everything else is. Their grief is that the company made a profit of over 4 billion dollars last year and refuses to increase their benefits/wage. I think its fair considering these people are on the front lines everyday.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

But also they failed to tell you that while this department strikes, other departments will fill in and drag their feet to support current customers.

Also, just because a single department is getting axed, it does not stop other Union workers in other departments from striking.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
reply to post by macman

Is it any wonder why some of us believe the unions have no place in the public sector? This is a great example of the mentality in union group-think. They could care less about the business revenue, it's all about them 'getting theirs'. Screw everyone else, right?

In fact, that's another thing to address: there's more than just 'group-think' with these people, there's also 'group-work-ethic', 'group-skills', 'group-wage'. They will all eventually settle down to the lowest common denominator. That being the lowest in each category, and no incentive to do any better. This all leads to lose/lose for everyone.

Here's a tip, for any business owners that may be reading this: The easiest way to take out a competitor is to send the unions to their door.

you are right about unions.. but you also must acknowledge most people are exactly the same way in life without the help of a union.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I sure do. What would you like to know?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
To hell with Verizon, overpriced BS service.

The union workers are protesting their pensions/contracts being cut. They have every right to be protesting. If Verizon didn't want to pay them a pension or health care then they shouldn't have agreed to it in the first place.

If you all want to start working for Chinese-style slave wages then go right ahead but don't expect Unions to go down without a fight.

PS: I looked at the youtube channel from the source video and it existed only to post this video and a couple others also taken from the same confrontation. It does not look like it has any official connection to any union, in fact it looks a bit shady too, like it came into existence just to make this union look bad. Sorry OP that's just an observation. Prolly some board member hatched a plan

link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Oh boy, here we go. Staged. Yep. Ok.
Youtube profile.
www.youtube.com...

and I am sure if it was staged, the local union would be all over it. Asking youtube to take it down.

But, sure sure. It's all staged, because it does not fit into what you want.

I am forced to agree with you here... well not forced because i love to agree with you on this topic. The idea of it being staged isnt out of the realm of possibilities when it comes to unoin - nonunion battles, but this guy's youtube channel is full of prounion propaganda. in fact it explicitly calls for the names of the 'scabs' that is those people who are willing to work for a dollar, non-union families need to eat too!

He says right in the profile

Please help us. if you know the names of these scabs, please post them. IBEW CWA united against corporate greed!

And did you see the vid posted at the end? A teamster operated truck just happened to break down right in frnt of the driveway and prevented the nn-striking workers from entering the facility! I'll have to pst that one in a second.

link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I watched the video and have to ask - how do we know this isn't staged?

A solitary "union protestor" confronts a Verizon truck and starts dropping the F-bomb in front of his daughter. This strike me as odd - where are all the other protestors? Who was operating the camera? The fact the camera man was only feet away from the protestor and presumably his daughter makes me think they were aware of his/her presence. If the camera operator was part of the protest (and pro-union) then why would they release this video? If they were hostile to the protestor or the union, then why was the man screaming and acting completely oblivious to it's presence?

How hard would it be for a corporation to stage a phony protestor lashing out at one of their employees/truck and casting the whole union in a bad light? Put a doe-eyed little girl in the mix and suddenly the union looks like evil trolls.

Considering how easy it is to fake anything these days we need proof this was a bonafide union employee of Verizon and not some trick of that company to turn public opinion against said union.

Well, you were right about one thing. The video is not directly from the Union Site. I will give you that much.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by macman

Actually they are in charge of FIOS. Verizon workers are striking where I live to and the news specified that if you needed FIOS installed or had an issue with FIOS you out of luck. From my understanding the only thing not being affected is verizon wireless everything else is. Their grief is that the company made a profit of over 4 billion dollars last year and refuses to increase their benefits/wage. I think its fair considering these people are on the front lines everyday.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I dont get how this makes them look bad anyway I would be mad if i were i their situation verizon makes plenty of money. and being they are to big to fail i have no sympathy for them,, big business like this are the reason unions were created.

and bad language. oh my in front of his daughter oh no... this is the real world and in the real world its not pretty like most want to believe, there is no need to sugar coat it with fancy ways to say the F word.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The ruling class sure has some of you pretty well trained. Are unions perfect? No. But it's hard to argue their worth in delivering better paychecks for their members.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by -W1LL

I sure do. What would you like to know?

how can you make that statement then>? you obviously have no clue what and why unions are.

this is completely inaccurate.

So since the decline of landline usage in America spreads, the Verizon workers go on strike. What a crazy world this is. Need for a product goes down, a company is forced to let people go and they stomp their feet and yell "nah ah". Not only do they stomp their feet, they go off on tantrums to the people filling in for the protestors, block business and then post it as if this is the right thing to do. Crazy

edit on 8/9/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here is the other vid from the article, from the same guy's youtube channel.
A local teamster truck 'accidentally' broke down right in front of Verizon's enrance, blocking anyone from getting in.

edit on 9-8-2011 by youdidntseeme because: keyboard sucks

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's always funny to hear people talk about something they know nothing about.
The general public thinks telcom is a string and two cans.
And most don't know their cell phone call goes through their local phone companies network, and most fiber is leased by all telcom companies from fiber providers.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Here is the other vid from the artcile, from the same guy's yutube channel.
A local teamster truck 'accidentally' broke down right in front of Verizon's enrance, blocking anyone from getting in.

thats how its done there is no other way..

if the American people would have done this when our Gov . okay'd the outsourcing of jobs to other countries we wouldn't be as bad off as we are now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneYouFearIsRight

How is it the Union workers fault that YOU did not secure better benefits....

Actually it is people like YOU who have cut each others throats to make those benefits disappear....

edit on 9-8-2011 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is American workers for you. All they want is this and that. No respect to businesses who hire them in the first place.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny

Actually it is people like YOU who have cut each others throats to make those benefits disappear....

Really? And here I thought it was the free market.

I never realized that I was single-handedly responsible for health-care in this country being unaffordable and for pensions to be cut for everyone!

Oh my goodness, I had better tear up my voter registration card, get my star and sickle hat on and join a union before it is too late!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

Maybe you don't know everything there is to know about the American worker. The man who hired me, and who owns the business I work for is in the same union I am.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

if the American people would have done this when our Gov . okay'd the outsourcing of jobs to other countries we wouldn't be as bad off as we are now.

Unfortunately, you are right. Union workers and sympathizers resort to underhanded, vulgar, and sometimes downright childish tactics. There is a local union here that uses a giant inflatable rat and pickets outside of non-union construction sites. Once back in college, I made my own sign and went and stood with them that stated, as i said earlier 'Non-union children need to eat to.'

When i walked up and asked if I could join in, I was welcomed with open arms. When they saw my sign i was threatened with physical violence and was the victim of about the worst verbal tirade I ever heard. Needless to say, I left withut being harmed, or should I say before I was harmed. I contacted the local hall, and received an apology from the local rep, but it hasnt changed their behvavior. In my currrent line of work it is hard to find a job that is non-union, and I used to be a member, because I needed to work. i have since left the union, fund employment doing the same thing, and have never been happier, as is my wallet because my salary and raises are not subject to a contractual agreement between someone arbitrating my 'best interests' and the business owner. I will only allow myself to speak for my best interests.
edit on 9-8-2011 by youdidntseeme because: my 'o' key sucks

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Here is the other vid from the artcile, from the same guy's yutube channel.

How in the world are we going to get enough trucks to break down to block the entire country of China though?

Frankly, I would have stolen his truck to prove it wasn't broken.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
They should charge the father with child abuse for putting his daughter in harms way like that. What if the truck had a mechanical malfunction and she was run over, what if a fight broke out and she was injured? He's an idiot for even bringing her and must be in need of some therapy for not being sure of his masculinity.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneYouFearIsRight

Originally posted by Zaanny

Really? And here I thought it was the free market.

I never realized that I was single-handedly responsible for health-care in this country being unaffordable and for pensions to be cut for everyone!

Oh my goodness, I had better tear up my voter registration card, get my star and sickle hat on and join a union before it is too late!

It is a free market... and those employees are free to collectively bargain just as their employers are free to outsource jobs. Free market is free market. I don't understand how people complain about unions in a free market.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join