It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza communications cut off

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

When you send a text to twitter, its via cell phone lines, not the internet.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Im aware of that but all cellular.communications system at some point converges on a main tower that has either a copper or fiber feed in which to relay the signal across vast distances or to relays too far from the local network. I've run a few 50 pair copper feeds from a trunk line to main terminal. Even set up the 10a mounts and box fields for em. Cut one of the main feeds and its internet phone tv and land lines out of service over a major area.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
From another viewpoint, if you are looking for a real.conspiracy behind this. Inciting unrest in gaza while 81 congressmen are visiting there would be a hell of spectacle. A very bad recipe if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by Raivan31

Gaza is a coincidence. Fiber feed cut. Stuff happens. Happens where you live too and where I live. Like I said when the carrier cries foul ill change my stance.

maannews.net...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Raivan31

Gaza is a coincidence. Fiber feed cut. Stuff happens. Happens where you live too and where I live. Like I said when the carrier cries foul ill change my stance.

Sorry but where i'm from the main comms line that connects the country to the rest of the world would be something they would be VERY aware of during constructionwork.

It fits in too nicely just after Obama's announcement and the riots in the UK as some pointed out earlier.

Forgive me for not buying that explanation.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by shushu

Ma’an reports line was cut by Israeli bulldozer at Nahal Oz. t.co... Others report bulldozers near Beit Hanoun. #GazaBlackout

1 hour ago
edit on 9-8-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

Think it's intentional? Sure looks like it..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Being reported HERE

but still no proper or explanation or official announcment.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I believe the connection has been restored now. Was off for 16 hours.

Panic over

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Just an accidental fiber.cut.
That's all

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Really even.with locates it happens here. Canadian telecommunication quality standards are some of the highest in the world and yet it still happens. Like I said we have had instances where.millions of people went out of servos over thousads of kilometers. Yeah its important. Telephone lines are out in the open or just in the ground. They aren't protected pr anything lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Don't prematurely kill a good conspiracy theory.
Especially when Israel – the cause of all evil – is concerned.
Bigyin et al can not have a goodnight sleep without accusing Israel for something at least once a day.
Rationality and common sense is irrelevant .

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Lol. While I don't agree with the actions of that country this topic is what it is. Happens to be my area of expertise.

Note to all. Cable cuts aren't conspiracy. More easy to shut off comms power than to cut cables.
Future reference.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zionistsareterrorists

Why don't you show your true colors?? Oh wait, you just did!

Why aren't they screaming human rights violations??? Because even a fool could have researched the subject, and found that it was a simple bulldozer hitting a cable. (like the poster a few posts up, pointed out)
But, not you.... you were unable to look it it objectively. you saw it as an opportunity to share your opinion

BUT, you choose to call it a human rights violation... heck, I am going to sue Genesee county... They violate my human rights on a month by month basis...

Anyone know how I can go after lightning for violating my human rights? Lightening takes out my power, and I have had absolutely enough of it!

I am fed up... The interruptions in my services is a clear human rights violation!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
www.imemc.org...

The source of the blackout is still unknown.

Jeez, I know so MANY of you want to point fingers to someone ALREADY, but at least wait until the official announcement.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

It seems many Palestinians think it was done on purpose. I personally have no opinion as I do not know but it is things like this that will indeed cause panic and more tension in that region.

Why cant we just all get along. Its soooo sad.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Lol. While I don't agree with the actions of that country this topic is what it is. Happens to be my area of expertise.

Note to all. Cable cuts aren't conspiracy. More easy to shut off comms power than to cut cables.
Future reference.

Have you actually followed the opinions coming FROM gaza or have you just been hanging around in this thread stating that it was accidental?

Turns out afterwards it was fixed in 16 hours but does that prove it's accidental? No, just that it's fixed.

Most of the people from that region think there is more to it, who are you, a Canadian, to doubt those locals?

It's Israel we're talking about
edit on 10/8/11 by Romekje because: eta *stating

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

Israel has damaged communication lines in the Gaza Strip, imposing a complete information blackout on the besieged territory, Palestinian reports say. The communication lockdown occurred late on Tuesday after Israeli bulldozers working in the Nahal Oz region close to the border with the Gaza Strip cut all mobile, landline and Internet connections with the strip. Based on reports, all efforts to reach residents in the Hamas-run Palestinian region from abroad have been unsuccessful. Palestinian telecommunications officials blamed Israeli military bulldozers for damaging fiber optic lines into Gaza, but an Israeli military spokesman has denied any role in the incident. The Palestinian telecoms network, PalTel, which needs permits from Israeli authorities to repair the lines, says it has not received them yet. The Israeli regime laid an economic siege on the Gaza Strip in June 2007 after the democratically-elected government of Hamas took over the administration of the strip. Israel also denies some 1.5 million people in Gaza their basic rights, including the freedom of movement and their rights to appropriate living conditions, work, health and education.

Most are reporting they did it intentionally but of course the Israelis deny it. Who knows.....but it does seem to me as if this type of stuff happens in that region often.

Here is another video of an ex-CIA....he has some interesting stuff to say.

Not sure this will embed but if it doesn't.....here is the link

www.youtube.com...

I think there is a cause for concern..... but that is my opinion.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you

"Nothing to see here people move along"

Too many distractions going on atm to feel at ease with this at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Dunno whats going on, Fox,MNBC, CNN arent saying anything at all...Maybe they are going to kick the muslims out of Israel and Jerusalem? With the rest of the Muslim world in an upheaval and civil wars breaking out in ever muslim nation for democracy because their governments are killing people, it would be an opportunity for the Jews to not miss....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join