It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza communications cut off

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Twitter is reporting that the Israelis have cut off all communications in Gaza.

This happened about 6 hours ago.

It doesn't sound very good.

Has anybody else heard anything about it ?

power, mobiles phone and landlines all down.

use #gaza on twitter
edit on 9-8-2011 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

No, but thanks for the catch. I've heard nothing yet, but I haven't heard of this being done before. In fact, advertising the extent to which they can even do it isn't something I'd expect the Israelis to do for no good reason. This isn't a good sign. I'll start checking everything I've got for that area of the world to see what might be up...... At this point in time..geeze..what next?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Link to source???
?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Link to source???
?

twitter #gaza

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I hope this is not true, a link would be nice I am not sure if they mean twitter is cut off or all communication?

either way if this is true something big is brewing.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sorry didn't read before you edited it.
I must ask though. As someone who works in the communications industry. How are people posting on twitter if internet mobile and landline is down?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Sorry didn't read before you edited it.
I must ask though. As someone who works in the communications industry. How are people posting on twitter if internet mobile and landline is down?

I don't know, but the tweets are saying people outside gaza are trying to phone into gaza and not getting any signal.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

My thought exactly.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
twitter link twitter.com...#!/search/%23Gaza

link   
This should keep you up-to date

#gaza on twitter

link   
Interesting wonder if this has anything to do with obama cancelling his plans for today. There is so much crap going on right now. A major event would not shock me at all right now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Don't know how credible this is, but I found a short sentence, saying:

GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Telecommunications access in Gaza was severed late Tuesday, cutting off Internet, mobile phones and international landline connections, a Ma'an correspondent reported.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Read the feed. Looks like a bulldozer hit a fiber line. Nothing big. Happens in canada often enough. A couple of weeks back we had a fiber cut that took out an entire cable co network from northern ontario to the east coast. Something like 4 million customers went out of service for a whole day. Luckily it wasnt the copper and fiber feeds for cell network. Im betting that our networks are more sophisticated than those in gaza so one fiber feed cut could essentially take out their whole network and cell towers. Ill only be convinced when the local carrier cries foul like when egypt went dark.
edit on 11/8/9 by metaldemon2000 because: (no reason given)

link   
When Hosni Mubarak cut off the Internet in Egypt, everyone was saying this is a breach of human rights and it should be restored instantly. I dont hear anyone saying that now...

link   
reply to post by bigyin

America cancels public events and economy falling apart.
Britian moving toward possible martial law.
gaza comms all down.

the worlds in pretty bad shape my friends.
We live in interesting times.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

Gaza is a coincidence. Fiber feed cut. Stuff happens. Happens where you live too and where I live. Like I said when the carrier cries foul ill change my stance.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I hope your assessment is correct.

And hopefully the broken wire will be fixed asap.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
They cut off communications a few years back when they went in bombing and white phosphorousing.
Is that a word?

I hope this isn't the reason that Obama cancelled his public stuff today.
edit on 9-8-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I saw the twitter feed and article about the bulldozer event. Was just wondering if there was a chance that it was just a front for something?
This is a conspiracy site, so I have to let my mind wander.

They could buy themselves a lot of time, while making the necessary 'repairs'.
Just throwing it out there

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Explanation here:

Gaza - Ma'an - caused by Israeli bulldozers, on Tuesday evening, cutting off the communication network from the Gaza Strip. and said our sources in Gaza, "Israeli bulldozers had caused a cut off the communications network from the Gaza Strip after cutting the line connecting area of Nahal Oz." said our correspondent, "that, after the call to prayer breakfast interrupted means of communication of international and local - phone, Internet and cell phone - from the Gaza Strip, which in turn isolate Gaza from the world. "

The tone seems to indicate that this might be intentional.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join