It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are There Animals In Space?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Extremophiles suggest there is a great chance of living organisms of some sort in space itself. We have absolutely no concept of what can survive outside of our world. The fact that a lot of people can only come up with an immature answer to your question shows you how closed minded the majority of our population is. All we know is what scientists tell us and as we so often see, they most definitely aren't right all the time, nowhere near it.

Here is a link I found that you may find interesting. An organism from our planet that survived naked exposure to space: www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 9/8/2011 by jexmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
Any living being that humans consider "lesser" than them is considered an animal. If an extraterrestrial being with more knowledge than us saw humans would they not consider us animals as well

What comes to your mind when I say "Animal Rights"? THAT kind of animals, for the most part. For the sake of simplicity, let's treat animals and humans differently in this thread.

Thanks to the rest of the people for their contribution. This earthling looks nice. Although it doesn't answer my question directly, it does prove that adaptation in extreme circumstances is possible.

edit on 8 9 1111 by Cricious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was simply pointing out the fact that if an organism from our planet can adapt so quickly, organisms on a meteor or comet coud also have adapted and evolved to cope with those conditions. As we all know, the universe didnt start with Earth and Humans. We could be very late to the party, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
I was simply pointing out the fact that if an organism from our planet can adapt so quickly, organisms on a meteor or comet coud also have adapted and evolved to cope with those conditions. As we all know, the universe didnt start with Earth and Humans. We could be very late to the party, so to speak.

Exactly. That's why this Earth creature is pretty interesting. I need to read more about it as well, but for what I understand it was able to survive in space longer than an "average" organism, right?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cricious
Probably a weird question, but is there any research on this? There's no thread linked in the index for this so I figured I should ask this.

I don't mean animals that are in other planets (because there sure are), but rather, actual animals that are flying (walking?) freely in space itself. So yeah, is there any reported sighting or research on these "beasts"?

By the way, I am talking about animals, not humanoids.

There is evidence of amino acids in intergalactic space (i.e. the empty space between galaxies) but nothing more than that at this time. Still, i suppose it opens the door to many possibilities.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
do dead dogs and monkies count ?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cricious

From what i could gather from the article and a tad of research is that they basically hibernate. I do agree with some that the would strggle for a fuel, (food or water) but we dont know anything about space in reality and for an organism we dont know, there could be a source of fuel.

All hypothetical I know but Im pretty sure the human race doesn't know as much about space and whats in it as we believe we do.

These tiny creatures have proven survival is possible, which to me is incredibly exciting. I will also say I genuinely believe there is a good chance there is some sort of creature living out there. Half of the planet believe there is a cover up of aliens, what is to say that they are not covering up a creature of some sort?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Zorgon calls them "critters". Theoretically, they are plasma based entities that feed on the upper ionosphere. Go to www.livingmoon.com and look for the links to critters. The rest of the site is a spectacular compendium, honestly.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

You live up to your name.Why post such a meaningless unfunny joke in a serious thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If theres earthlike planets out there in the universe than yes most likely, possibly even dinosaurs or other intelligent beings for that matter

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I believe there.could be "animals" but not as we could imagine. Instead of space ponys or moon dogs it would be more like the animal life you would find in the deepest trenchs of out seas. Primitive yet adaptable creatures which can go months or years without means of sustanance. The universe is infinity large there is no dead end sign at the end, cause there is no end so there is unlimited possibilities out there.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
There's one simple reason why creatures of any size can't exists in free space (ignoring the fact that they couldn't actually develop there)...

GRAVITY!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatAliens

That is based only on what we know about gravity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join