It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S bombs Russian Embassy. Russia pissed off.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Chinese embassy last time, now the Russians? They sure know how to pick 'em dont they! How come you never see the Mongolian or Jamacian embassies getting bombed eh?

news.bbc.co.uk...

On a totally unrelated but interesting point..
In response to America's Human Rights report which cites North Korea as having the worst record, and several members of the 'coalition' as having a 'poor' record, China is preparing to bring out it's own report on Human rights in the U.S!!

"Some have criticised the US for presuming to judge other countries, and China is set to produce its own assessment of human rights in the US in the next few days."

should be interesting!

Doesn't the World sometimes remind you of a bunch of toddlers sitting in a nursery throwing jelly at each other?

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by kegs]

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Damn it, I keep forgetting the links.

For the Human Rights story:
news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 2-4-2003 by kegs]

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Doesn't the World sometimes remind you of a bunch of toddlers sitting in a nursery throwing jelly at each other?

Good analogy I like it.. because it is so true.

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Except the jelly is actually a bomb...

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Amen to that.... These grown a** men have very big ego's

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Now if we can just find their parents...

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Lets see, they supply Iraq with weapons, night vision, and other material to kill Americans... we bomb thier embassy... gee thats too bad... maybe they will get the message a bit clearer this time...

posted on Apr, 2 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Its sort of the same thing that happened in Yugoslavia with the chinese embassy. The chinese had just been implicated that they may have stolen alot of our most advanced nuclear weaponry technology, and the next thing you know, we bombed their embassy. Of course the US was using maps that were 5 years old....

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Here's an asian news report on China's Human rights report on the U.S, with some of it's main points.

Interestingly it says civil rights have diminished in the U.S after Sept 11. Can't remember if it says that in this report, but I seen it in others. Can't find the actual report yet, post it when I find it.

straitstimes.asia1.com.sg...

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Here it is, a detailed summary of it anyway.
Straight from China's U.S Embassy.

www.china-embassy.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hey if China finds it necessary to give examples of crimes that go on here committed by US citizens then I would like to officially mention the Asian gangs who perform a vast amount of gang violence on the streets of New York on an almost daily basis. Also how about how Chinese people come here illegally and are forced by their own people to work in sweatshops in exchange for food and wages that are approx. 25% of minimum wage. And what about the ones forced to work in "massage parlors". Come on folks, let's not have China as a moral authority. They have no right to criticize anyone else.

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
by a country who drives tanks over it's own citizens and then says "nothing happened", when it's on every news channel of the world...

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
we must remember when you point the finger at someone you have four pointing right back at you. i don't like China's attitude and i gotta finger for them...but that's not the point. some of you are so concerned about what's going on overseas and refuse to see what's going on in your own country.

'"By the first anniversary of the Sept 11 attacks, approximately 60 per cent of Muslims had experienced in person or witnessed acts of discrimination against Muslims, including public harassment, physical assault and property damage." (many americans agree that muslims should be discrimianted against with racial profiling--unexceptable and a violation of the constitutional rights of arab and muslim americans)

"It accused the US of having a 'democracy of the rich' that was not representative of the majority, and of excessive violence that 'has resulted in ineffective protection of life and security of the person'. (tax cuts going to the upper-class, and a steadily shrinking middle class, corporate giants with the ear of the president-while your average american can't even get the ear of their local rep--violation--the top 2% of the population controls all of the wealth and the bottom half is fast becoming larger than than the middle)

The report said poverty, hunger and homelessness were growing problems in the US." (millions of job lost and counting--unemployment rate soaring, spending billions fighting a war when clearly the war is here)

It also said the Patriot Act, an anti-terrorism law, had led to torture and forced confessions. (the patriot act is a sickening piece of garbage lesgislation that should be burned and it's authors and signatories should be found and dealt with immediately for attempting to violate the supreme law)

how can you support that?

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Lets see, they supply Iraq with weapons, night vision, and other material to kill Americans... we bomb thier embassy... gee thats too bad... maybe they will get the message a bit clearer this time...

And USA has never supplied Iraq with weapons..

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Uhmm.... Oopsie?

As for this arguement:

"And USA has never supplied Iraq with weapons.."

Jeez, do we really need to go there again? Yes we supplied Iraq with weapons, WHEN THEY WERE FIGHTING A COMMON FOE, BACK IN THE 80's... the point is, if Russia is providing military assistance to them, AT THIS PRESENT TIME, then it is paramount to an act of war. Of course, there will be a political solution to this minor crisis though..."accidentally" bombing the embassy was likely our way of slapping their hand....

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hey, I never said I agreed with the Chinese, I just think it's an example of seeing the other the side of the argument.

Just who are we to judge on anything?

There is nothing more dangerous than a religious fanatic convinced he is right. This is what America is in danger of becoming. Remember, whatever you think, we are all just a bunch of ants floating on a rock. What makes convinced you are right above any other Ideal? (I�m not saying anyone is or not, trying to see a little deeper here, you know, points of discussion�?) What is the reality? I meet fundamentalist Christians all the time, and they are always intent on you seeing 'the light', always 100% convinced they are right, that they are the chosen ones. I love tearing them to pieces, even though I completely believe in God. What makes the western way of thinking 'we are right, and everyone should conform to these ideals' any different to what the extremist Islamist think?
Examples of this kind of thinking exist all through history.
Which is one of the reasons why I love history.

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
but each side will always think it's right, and the others are wrong...that will certainly never change...

So, your answer, as to who are we to judge...is simple. What side are you on? (rhetorical question, not asking you specifically) We all choose our sides, and then we judge those not on our side. Sometimes, we even judge those on our sides. We are all individuals, and as such, thats who we are to judge....

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Garzok, I completely agree.

I personally think however, that the only one fit to judge anybody, is God.
But people will carry on judging the other side, just as you say.

posted on Apr, 4 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can't believe no one noticed that we didn't actually bomb their embassy.

Straight from the article:

"air strikes have targeted a residential quarter of Baghdad where its embassy is situated"

So we hit the same neighborhood that it's in. Big friggin deal.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I can't believe you didn't notice that everybody else had noticed and that's why we weren't talking about it.

Dangerous Brian eh?

It's a puppet!!!

top topics

join