It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid super committee picks in place

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Harry Reid super committee picks in place

www.politico.com

In the first of what will be a closely watched selection process for a powerful new deficit panel, Democratic sources say Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will appoint Democratic Sens. Patty Murray (Wash.), Max Baucus (Mont.) and John Kerry (Mass.) as his three choices for a super committee charged with finding more than $1 trillion in spending cuts by the end of this year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, it's starting folks. This should get interesting as more people are picked.

It's also funny, how reading the article, it paint's Harry Reid as some sort of hero, for "forging a bi partisan deal". This "super commitee" is a mockery of our government (not that they need any help mocking themselves) in a effort to ram things through congress. Not that they needed this to ramrod things through, but I guess this makes it "official", and the fact the msm is painting this as some sort of heroic act and a noble deed of politicians putting aside partisan issue's for America's best interests.

Gotta love news-tainment

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Anyone surprised skull and bones Kerry is a selection? Then again, haven't heard anything from him or about him in awhile....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The richest man in Congress is part of the 'Super-Congress'. Well, that's a surprise.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
that has got to be one of the biggest jokes i have ever seen,

harry reid picking morons without a clue.

imagine the damage they are going to do going from bad to worse.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

The Super Committee is a straight route Super Highway from the Banks To Washington.

The bankers are the problem.

The bankers manufacture recessions and depressions to exert a greater control over
social and political structures.

The bankers create and finance the wars on both sides of the conflicts.

The bankers orchestrate famine, poverty and want.

The bankers control the policies that control the media and the education
system that is operated to maintain ignorance in the public so that they can be shorn like sheep.

The bankers launder the drug money and keep drugs illegal.

The bankers are the problem.

credit

edit on 9-8-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

In the first of what will be a closely watched selection process for a powerful new deficit panel, Democratic sources say Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid will appoint Democratic Sens. Patty Murray (Wash.), Max Baucus (Mont.) and John Kerry (Mass.) as his three choices for a super committee charged with finding more than $1 trillion in spending cuts by the end of this year.

I don't know too much about Baucus except that he has a very low respect factor; he is a bumbler, from what I've heard. Murray? Never heard of her.

But we know where Lurch Kerry will look for cuts -- the military. He will look to slash and burn "in a fashion reminiscent of Jhenjish Khan" :

edit on 9-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Kind of like Ray Charles leading Stevy Wonder across a busy intersection.

Hell in a hand basket we are going. With morons skipping the whole way.

I foresee riots coming here as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Couldn't have said it better myself. The reinforcing foundation for the road to Plutocracy is being laid. Sadly, the foundation has existed for quite sometime (depending on what scale you look at it from), and progress is railroading ahead.

I think the biggest worry for every American citizen, (and worldwide citizen) is the fact that the wealthy and TPTB aren't even trying to hide it anymore, actually quite the opposite, by doing things like creating a "super committee", they are essentially rubbing it in our noses.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

No wait, scratch that.

Oh screw it, we are not going to do anything about what they are doing in Washington. At least we can enjoy some music though.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Oh screw it, we are not going to do anything about what they are doing in Washington.

Maybe not...

Perhaps it we voted via sms text, and the things being voted upon were presented for 30 minutes on channel 4 every tuesday and thursday, I could see some progr....

Nah, thats probably to much effort for most of us

Anyways, all hail Captain Howdy

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Yes, they are.

And the revolving door works well in Washington and Wall Street.
We see the same criminals as tax cheats in Congress as we do Wall Street.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I used to live in Washington and by all accounts, Patty Murray is as dumb as a post. I know a number of folks who know her personally and have worked with her on community issues and they all independently say the same thing - that she is a bonehead.

She is there for two reasons. She is a woman and she will do what ever she is told to do. She certainly is not on the team because she'll be a crafty negotiator nor an effective spokesperson for the Democrat side of the negotiations. It will be fun seeing Murray face off with Rubio on Meet the Press.

Another dropped ball by Obama. He easily could have called the Nevada mob boss, Harry Reid and told him who he wanted on the committee. Are these three the best the Democrats have to offer for something this important and does Obama really want the pompous ass Kerry and deer in the headlights Murray on TV constantly as they work through these issues?

The gent is committing hari-kari

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

i am just waiting for the other shoe to drop and see if pelosi gets the appointed

then we all will know how ridiculous it is.

wait wait did i misread or is pelosi already on it?
edit on 9-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

reply to post by dolphinfan

i am just waiting for the other shoe to drop and see if pelosi gets the appointed

then we all will know how ridiculous it is.

wait wait did i misread or is pelosi already on it?

Reid picked the Democrat Senate members, since he is Majority Leader. I suspect McConnell will pick the Republican members from the Senate.

Boehner will pick for the Rep's in the House, and I suspect Pelosi will pick for the Dems. She is just vain enough to choose herself, too.

Just the way I see it...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah, with those picks S&P should immediately downgrade the US another notch, and I'm sure the Republican picks will be as dumb (Murray),elite (Kerry), and corrupt (Bauccus) as the Democrats.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Baucus hit the spotlight in the heath care debate for making the numbers "work". Only after we passed it and found out what was in it, and some withholding of information by Kathleen Sebelius, we found out that the numbers really don't work.

Baucus obvious choice by Reid. Lifelong member of the senate. He's in the pocket of every big Health care (91% of his war chest in 2008, according to wikipedia) provider in the country. Also on all the committees responsible for taxes.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
First of all, Baucus is in there....the man essentially behind the corporate health care bill that was passed not long ago.

And that's all that's needed....that's the Blue Dog Democrat....Kerry can be thrown in with him. Don't know anything about Murray but at this point it doesn't matter anyway.

It takes 7 "approvals" out of the 12 to put out something for Congress to vote on.

Harry Reid made a terrible decision...but then again...it's not surprising.

We already know what we are going to get with Republicans....no closing of loopholes and no increase in tax revenues.

Basically, anything that come out of this Super Congress will automatically be deemed "bi-partisan". Rest assured the middle class, working poor, the elderly, etc....are all going to get screwed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
so camalot has arrived,,

EXTRA ---EXTRA,,,LATE BREAKING news,,

,the Republic ,,
now run by "Gang of 12",,
who is the 13th?,
and will his identity be revealed!"
-----------------------------------------
more breaking News at 11:00,,,Where the Question will be asked,,,
Just where is Darth Vader,,?
And What Are The Emperor's Plans,,,???

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The only thing this "Super Congress" was made for is so that the politicians can shift the blame on nothing getting done when election time comes. Other than that it will have no impact whatsoever on how laws are made.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join