It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New TV Show Idea (Involves "Time Shifts")

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think I could put this in this forum section, because in a way it has to do with folklore, urban legends, and time machines. The tv series I'm working on writing is going to be called, Nostalgia, at least that's the title I've come up with so far. Maybe I'll find one more fitting as time moves forward.

edit on 9-8-2011 by PTPriceless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PTPriceless

Ummm I think its been done in book form. Indian in the cupboard? But Hollywood loves new spins on stuff so go for it :-)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hope you got your stuff copyrighted cuz someone can totally steal that idea and make money off it now before you ever get a shot to. And a post on ATS won't get you far in court. Not trying to be mean. If you legit want to sell a story/idea/screenplay, you have to keep it to yourself or get copyrighted. Don't tell everyone on the internet.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I remember the book yeah.

I wanted to create something that EVERYBODY could relate to. People who live in today's age, people who lived in the 80's and 90s (or earlier) and even the future.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Understood, I would try thinking about it more along the lines of temporal anomalies and paradoxes and how the characters react to and try to fix them without causing more anomalies....
edit on 9-8-2011 by itbenickp because: changed id to of

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp

Understood, I would try thinking about it more along the lines of temporal anomalies and paradoxes and how the characters react to and try to fix them without causing more anomalies....

That's true, like what consequences could happen if Obama were president when Lincoln ended slavery? haha (yeah right that'd never make it on tv)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima

Hope you got your stuff copyrighted cuz someone can totally steal that idea and make money off it now before you ever get a shot to. And a post on ATS won't get you far in court. Not trying to be mean. If you legit want to sell a story/idea/screenplay, you have to keep it to yourself or get copyrighted. Don't tell everyone on the internet.

TV shows and time have been done before.

TV Series with time travel, etc.

Unless the OP posts a seasons worth of Screenplay, he doesn't have anything that can be stolen. It's all been thought of before.

And he is Copyrighted, as soon as you put your pen to paper, or type something, you are copyrighted. Unless you are posting on a site, forum that takes full rights from you in agreement.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp

Sounds eerily familiar. Maybe someone from this thread will go back in time to write this show?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5af016609dd3.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9-8-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Totally forgot about quanum leap lol, always wanted one of those lil computers that he had lol. Hmmm kinda like droids are today....carp, i guess i do have one!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

been done in uk called primeval where dinosaurs and other stuff come through time portals and it is not to bad for a laugh it has had dino's from all eras the odd alien people from the past nights etc and people from the future sorry to rain on your parade but nothing is ever a truly new idea

top topics

join