It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK:Martial Law and Curfews

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
UK Home Secratary Theresa May, talks of military support for overwelmed police department and curfews. Say's all options on the table as meetings begin.BBC are also reporting on Martial Law this morning as of 8.30

www.nasdaq.com... -to-end-riots

I will reserve my opinon, until I have all the facts,there are more reports comming in and I will add as many links as possible.More to come.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Amid intense pressure on police resources the military were taking an increased – though still indirect – role. Some police officers drafted into London were being housed at army barracks, while Essex police were using some army vehicles as backup.

One army unit, the 3rd Rifles based in Glasgow, was also on put on notice so that it is ready to deploy at 12 hours' notice.

Beginning a day of drama, David Cameron, stood in Downing Street hours after returning from holiday in Italy and pledged to flood the capital with 16,000 police – more than double those on duty the previous night and the most ever deployed in one place in the UK – to stem what Scotland Yard is calling the worst UK urban violence in recent history.

The public should expect to see "many more" rioters arrested from now on, the prime minister said. Parliament would be recalled on Thursday to debate the trouble, he added. Shortly afterwards Cameron chaired a meeting of the Cobra security committee at which it is understood he and the home secretary, Theresa May, discussed the possible use of plastic bullets, water cannon and other tactics. Following the meeting the Home Office asked the Ministry of Defence to "scope out what low-end" help the armed forces might provide.

edit on 9-8-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: Adding links

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Good, give them a taste of what they did to Northern Ireland.

Your title says "martial law" there is no reference to martial law in that link.

edit on 9-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Why should I be locked in the house because there are idiots outside? That means I'm being treated like one of them. They should be locked inside so the streets are safe for me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
what a beautifully engineered and well executed plan by tptb. they are admirably good at what they do.

peace
edit on 9-8-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If they bring the military into this, then it could turn very ugly.
Once that happens theres no going back.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Well UK is done for, soon they will look up free in the dictionary.

Question: Who in hell takes part in the riots when all over the internet/news people complain about them. I still have no clue why they started and even more important what are they fighting for now.

I'd come there just for fun, to see it all. Riot tourism: they new hot thing

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I bet they will enforce martial law right before we hear on the news that the UK is entering a deep recession again.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RanDeLv2
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Well UK is done for, soon they will look up free in the dictionary.

Question: Who in hell takes part in the riots when all over the internet/news people complain about them. I still have no clue why they started and even more important what are they fighting for now.

I'd come there just for fun, to see it all. Riot tourism: they new hot thing

At first this was a peaceful protest,from the community over the shooting of a local young alledged gang member.The reason this turned ugly was that at the then peaceful protest,dozens of police gave a 16yr old girl the taste of their jack boots and stomped her into a bloody pulp! You don't hear anything about this in the media.I will try and find a video link.That is what inflamed this,I have meant to answer that question for many like yourself.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
it be like the film v for vendetta

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Curfew eh...

Ok rioters, start rioting during lunchtime instead, that would have a greater impact on the economy than just nighttime.
edit on 9-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Just a couple of questions:

1) Do you not already think it's "very ugly"?

2) Do you really think there is a "way back" at this time?

Just curious.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
According to this link: www.bbc.co.uk...

The use of the army has been ruled out.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
According to this link: www.bbc.co.uk...

The use of the army has been ruled out.

Pitty

I would love to see London turned into Belfast.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

phase 3

impose martial law and a curfew upon the entire population of london, driving the ordinary peace loving citizens to violence against whichever group they generalize as the main perpetrators of the looting which caused the curfew, be it the blacks, the chavs, or whoever.

phase 4

in the ensuing civil war, everybody is now an enemy of state due to violations of the curfew, and violence against other citizens. more rights will be taken away.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

phase 3

impose martial law and a curfew upon the entire population of london, driving the ordinary peace loving citizens to violence against whichever group they generalize as the main perpetrators of the looting which caused the curfew, be it the blacks, the chavs, or whoever.

phase 4

in the ensuing civil war, everybody is now an enemy of state due to violations of the curfew, and violence against other citizens. more rights will be taken away.

Keep reading those Tom Clancy novels.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My friend is in Salford and is keeping me updated on facebook . He has just posted that the police have left the scene , leaving the rioters to do whatever they like .

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

i'm sorry was that supposed to be an insult?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

i'm sorry was that supposed to be an insult?

Your appology is accepted.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

rude for no reason. what a shame.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

rude for no reason. what a shame.

Good thing I am wearing my welly boots and waterproofs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join