Now that we've had a few very interesting polls/surveys of our members and visitors, and have ironed out some of the bugs in our new polling system,
it's time to turn to our members for help.
As a reminder, here are the results of some of the recent polls:
ATS Survey Results: The US and Eurozone Economies
ATS Survey Results: The U.S. Debt Crisis
ATS Survey Results: Online Privacy, Internet Advertising and The Independent Web
ATS Survey Results: President Barack Obama
Results of the 2011 ATS User Survey
If you've taken the polls, you know we have a fairly robust system that allows for multiple styles of questions, enables users to complete the polls
in more than one session (to allow for research on the questions), and allows users to alter their responses before the polls close. And once we close
a poll/survey and tally all the numbers, all responses are removed from the system.
I'm certain there are several dozen good ideas for polls running around in the heads of our members that relate to current events and the topics we
discuss here. So we're offering this thread for our members to brainstorm and collaborate on polls that make sense, and more importantly, allow the
entire community to voice a collective opinion.
(1) A good poll will have at least four related questions on a singular topic.
(2) Responses can be yes/no, multiple choice (pick one, or more), or an agree ---> disagree range.
(3) Each question can contain reference links to ATS threads.
(4) Questions can utilize accompanying photos or artwork hosted in the media center.
(5) Polls can be multiple pages, but shouldn't be more than 4 pages and more than 5 questions per page.
(6) Polls should be in an neutral voice, allowing the respondent to express their position.
(7) Multiple-choice answers should not have more than ten options.
(8) Don't respond with ideas for polls, respond with suggested polls (questions & answers)
You can either submit a suggestion for a complete poll here in this thread, work with other members in private messages, or collaborate with other
members here in the thread (to refine your poll idea).
Simply format your poll submissions with the questions, any supporting links/material, and the possible answers as a reply in this thread.
When you have a submission you feel is complete, place this at the top of your post: [si
ze], which will look like this:
We'll pick the best polls, and give all members who contributed proper credit when we announce that your poll is available for responses.
on 9-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)