Members: Help us design relevant polls and surveys...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Now that we've had a few very interesting polls/surveys of our members and visitors, and have ironed out some of the bugs in our new polling system, it's time to turn to our members for help.

As a reminder, here are the results of some of the recent polls:
ATS Survey Results: The US and Eurozone Economies
ATS Survey Results: The U.S. Debt Crisis
ATS Survey Results: Online Privacy, Internet Advertising and The Independent Web
ATS Survey Results: President Barack Obama
Results of the 2011 ATS User Survey

If you've taken the polls, you know we have a fairly robust system that allows for multiple styles of questions, enables users to complete the polls in more than one session (to allow for research on the questions), and allows users to alter their responses before the polls close. And once we close a poll/survey and tally all the numbers, all responses are removed from the system.

I'm certain there are several dozen good ideas for polls running around in the heads of our members that relate to current events and the topics we discuss here. So we're offering this thread for our members to brainstorm and collaborate on polls that make sense, and more importantly, allow the entire community to voice a collective opinion.

GUIDELINES

(1) A good poll will have at least four related questions on a singular topic.

(2) Responses can be yes/no, multiple choice (pick one, or more), or an agree ---> disagree range.

(3) Each question can contain reference links to ATS threads.

(4) Questions can utilize accompanying photos or artwork hosted in the media center.

(5) Polls can be multiple pages, but shouldn't be more than 4 pages and more than 5 questions per page.

(6) Polls should be in an neutral voice, allowing the respondent to express their position.

(7) Multiple-choice answers should not have more than ten options.

(8) Don't respond with ideas for polls, respond with suggested polls (questions & answers)

SUBMITTING

You can either submit a suggestion for a complete poll here in this thread, work with other members in private messages, or collaborate with other members here in the thread (to refine your poll idea).

Simply format your poll submissions with the questions, any supporting links/material, and the possible answers as a reply in this thread.

When you have a submission you feel is complete, place this at the top of your post: [size=5][b]POLL SUBMISSION[/b][/size], which will look like this:
POLL SUBMISSION

We'll pick the best polls, and give all members who contributed proper credit when we announce that your poll is available for responses.
edit on 9-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
maybe a poll on whether people believe if nibiru exists or not... be interesting to see how many people believe this rubbish..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oh...
Hey, cool idea.

I'm sure though there will be those who will simply not be happy no matter what the format is or questions asked. I can't wait to read some of the replies. This should be interesting. I have a few ideas myself. I might jot them down a bit later.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i would say a clarification is needed here on the type of poll

there are lots of different topics that exist on ats so it should start from there.

another political poll,ufo polls,end of the world polls,zombie polls. etc.

i would like to see a poll on the federal reserve or consumer protection agency

or a zombie poll

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Poll Submission

A) Should ATS be more active in politics?

1) Yes.

2) No.

3) I don't know.

4) Undecided.

5) Government will intervene.

B) Would you vote for a member of ATS for political office?

1) Yes.

2) No.

3) I don't know.

4) Undecided.

C) Should ATS form a non-profit and think-tank to influence politics?

1) Yes.

2) No.

3) I don't know.

4) Undecided.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i just thought of one that might be a good one.

the death of osama bin laden poll.

was he killed in 2011

was he killed in 2001

is he in some secret lab waiting to be thawed out in 5 years.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
edit on 9-8-2011 by akira131 because: post removed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
POLL SUBMISSION

Poll Topic: How much control do you think the powers that be have over the entertainment industry, this includes both music and movies, not TV shows.

POLL SUBMISSION
The Importance of Voting

POLL SUBMISSION
Should we trash entitlements or what?

POLL SUBMISSION
Does a FIAT currency equate to slavery?

POLL SUBMISSION
Can you be pro-entitlements first and anti-war later, or not even anti-war at all but still be pro-entitlements?

POLL SUBMISSION
Xbox 360 vs. PS3... Never mind Xbox wins!

POLL SUBMISSION
Are you pro-GMO or not?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I would like to see more polls on psychic topics,asking people about personal experiences with the paranormal.
Something like:
Have you ever had what you would consider a psychic experience?
Do you believe that ESP and the 6th sense are real human abilities?
Do you believe ESP or psychic experiences are an external or internal experience. (meaning is it you or is it something else giving you the information) etc.

A paranormal poll.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i think the polling system thathas been developed is, overall, an excellent addition to the ATS community and has great potential in reaching beyond those bounds (if so decided).

I only have one suggestion. I have noticed on a few polls that the selectable answers do not always allow for a complete representation of the range of experiences and perspectives that choose to take part.
I am not even sure that this idea is possible given my lack of understanding for the programming involved, but i think it would be a good alternative if a "write in" option was available, for example...

In our past survey i found it difficult to accurately represent my ideas on the topic and decided not to take part.
In reflection i thought it would have been nice if i could have written in a brief alternative responce to the questions i had difficulty with.

Is this even a plausable idea given the amount of total responces to the past surveys?

In any case missing out on a survey every now and then ay not be a bad thing (in regards to my ATS addiction :lol
, and i look forward to all the future surveys that this thread will give life too

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i just thought of one that might be a good one.
the death of osama bin laden poll.

The Death of Osama bin Laden: Results of the survey!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

i hang my head in shame sorry

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
maybe a poll on whether people believe if nibiru exists or not... be interesting to see how many people believe this rubbish..

What about the people who dont beleive in Niburu but still hold out hope of science locating an additional planet somewhere in (or near) our solar system?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

a) yes
b) i dont know
c) yes

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

PS3 all day buddy!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Can you please take me off the list of mass u2u's for this survey stuff please sir??

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I will get back in a couple of days..
let me think

link   
POLL SUBMISSION
Is it moral to force others to pay for your health?

POLL SUBMISSION
Does more Regulation just mean more cronyism and therefore more riches for the rich?

POLL SUBMISSION
Should the U.S. continue it's global police force with over 800 bases in over 130 countries and counting

POLL SUBMISSION
Free Masons, Illuminati, Skulls & Bones. Even If they are real and/or control the world, should they be the focus?

link   
MKULTRA and subsequent human experimentation regarding psychotronics/remote behavioural influence.

Does anyone want to collaborate on this one...?

Tis an important though underestimated aspect of the conspiracy community...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You have to submit possible answers too people, not just possible polls.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join