It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What punishment is sufficient for the ones acting in the riots in the UK?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by glen200376

The intolerant, meaning you, will kill people for their beliefs.

Those intolerant of senseless killings and the ideologies that push people to killing are ALWAYS right. This is a simple fact you would do well to memorize.
more lies & liberal propaganda.Not everyone with intolerant views kill people some of us are functioning members of society unlike the thugs that you apologise for time & time again,perhaps teach them some tolerance.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Are you in for a surprise in the coming months or WHAT

If you're reffering to any upcoming pro-Islamic disturbance Zimi, as I know you're fond of promoting, then all I can say is "Bring it, sunshine". You have no idea what can of worms that's going to open. Think you guys have the numbers to bring about Sharia, as I know you'd love to see, then think again.

You maintain to not being Muslim or not pushing a pro-Muslim agenda, but then you only ever show up to do exactly that, even in threads that have no anti-Muslim bias in the first place!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Are you in for a surprise in the coming months or WHAT

If you're reffering to any upcoming pro-Islamic disturbance Zimi, as I know you're fond of promoting, then all I can say is "Bring it, sunshine". You have no idea what can of worms that's going to open. Think you guys have the numbers to bring about Sharia, as I know you'd love to see, then think again.

You maintain to not being Muslim or not pushing a pro-Muslim agenda, but then you only ever show up to do exactly that, even in threads that have no anti-Muslim bias in the first place!
What he said!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
How can anyone sympathise with this criminal scum is beyond me.

Let me tell you one thing, when you want to bring down the government or corrupt politicians, you go protesting in city squares. You dont destroy property and rob.

There is not a shred of legitimate cause behind this, it is just primitive people destroying things and looting just because they can. And the fact that "Great" (lol) Britain, once an empire that ruled the world, is incapable of ensuring order in the capital is sad and laughable. Seriously, discussing water cannons and rubber bullets? If this happened here in Slovakia, there would be army in the streets now protecting the property of the people.

edit on 10/8/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

It just shows me that third world people who move to Britain are so out of their depth in a first world country.Obviously they teach their kids third world values which include thieving,lying etc is what you do.To much to soon.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i read to day theyve arrested 700 but only 110 have been charged

not happy about this why arn't they charging the lot of them? Also in todays metro newspaper apparently baseball bats are selling like hot cakes on amazon. People getting tooled up to defend themselves & property.
edit on 10-8-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

If they are uneducated it is largely their own fault. Basic education in this country is free and

compulsory so, if they are uneducated perhaps they played truant and didn't take advantage

prefering to (1) Stay in bed (2) 'chilling out' (3) playing computer games (4) and generally

doing anything BUT what they were supposed to be doing.

To say they are in poor areas is disingenuous to the very many others that live and work in the

same areas and do not loot and commit arson

You state that they have no future? Well they won't find a future (except doing time )if they

continue looting and setting fire to property causing millions of ££££'s worth of damage.

The irony is that they are affecting the lives of the ordinary hard working, relativly poor people

on their very own door step,and the small business's of those who are aiming to make a better

life for themselves!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I would totally support the riots if the rioters said something along the lines of, "we're taking our birth right just as those peoples forefathers claimed their birth right was this land and its resources." Since they're claiming nothing of the sort and they're causing physical damage to people, they should be locked up until they can be rehabilitated.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
...uh, whatever is on the books for each crime being committed! Is this a trick question?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

We had the cane when I was at school, kids were told it would be done in front of the whole school.

Not 1 person was caned because it wasnt needed. The fear and embarrassment was more than enough to keep people in check.

Now they know they can do whatever they want in schools, they ran riot in a school near me because they school said no to a snooker table! The teachers werent allowed to stop them.

Its no surprise that they act like scum when they get out into the real world.

You need to reward good behaviour but you also need to punish bad behaviour.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
...uh, whatever is on the books for each crime being committed! Is this a trick question?

Sort of special circumstance isn't it? They're taking advantage of protest by way of destruction of property. thief, and physical harm to others.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
double post sorry
edit on 10-8-2011 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Firing squad.

Line them up against a wall..

Shoot them with shotguns

loaded with non-lethal bean bags, all of them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Diyainoue

According to their role in the riots, people get different durations of punishment, that will be an temporary tattoo on cheeks and forehead, hands (where-ever as long as you can't hide them) for a couple of months or years. The whole society can put them out of their shops, clubs, public transport, etc. Judge people on the color of their marks not their skin

This right here wreaks of a microchipped society lol
Your opinion does not tacle the root cause of these problems.
So according to you, people should wear a mark? Who decides what people wear a mark, the government?
haha

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Sort of special circumstance isn't it? They're taking advantage of protest by way of destruction of property. thief, and physical harm to others.

Then, whatever the usual penalty is for, destruction of property, stealing/looting, and assault.

The *reason* for committing the crime, or the unusual abundance of crimes is immaterial. Are you going to rewrite the laws due to 'special circumstances'? Sounds illegal, to me.

edit on 8/10/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

It may be alien to the rest of the world, but we Police by consent here. That means the Police don't enforce the law, per se, but rather "Keep the Peace". Granted, that hadn't worked very well the first couple of nights, but the very nature of this makes it hard to counter.

Had the Police gone all guns blazing though the first night, not only did they run the risk of provoking the eact thing they were trying to avoid, but I would guarantee 100% that there would threads all over ATS and elsewhere on "Police brutality".. Rock and a hard place?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You have to treat the roits like an invasion. Do whatever it takes to stop it. Send in all the kings horses and all the

Kings men.

Make it clear that those in the streets that are still raising hell, after a halt is called to the madness, shall be

stricken down as if you were Termites.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Aren't circumstances judged in order to deem how unethical something is? Crimes of passion usually carry a lighter sentence, right?

Think of it as someone who committed fraud - but not just any fraud - they scammed someone who was dieing by selling them a cure they knew did not work. Shouldn't this fraud bear a more harsh punishment than someone who scammed a gambler in poker?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Diyainoue

What punishment is sufficient for the ones acting in the riots in the UK?,

British troops currently operate around the world destroying property and killing other people including children on our behalf because they are a threat to our way of life and could well maim or kill us.

The same rule should apply to those that would do this within our own community by killing these individuals, their families and offspring then we should all be able to sleep a little better at night send in the troops that is what we employ them for no ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join