It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All fishes sampled 55km from Fukushima exceed maximum cesium level

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
All is well... trust TEPCO and the government.

Excessive radioactive cesium found in Fukushima fish: Greenpeace

Fish caught at a port about 55 kilometers from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant contained radioactive cesium at levels exceeding an allowable limit, the environmental group Greenpeace said Tuesday.

The samples taken at Onahama port in Iwaki, Fukushima Prefecture, in late July, included a species of rockfish that measured 1,053 becquerels per kilogram. [...] The other samples, which were all rock trout, measured between 625 and 749 becquerels per kilogram, again exceeding the provisional limit. [...] A total of 21 samples taken in the study were analyzed [...]

While the world economy is imploding, everyone is forgetting the Fukushima disaster...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
90 tons of Mixed Plutonium Fuel (MOX) was blown sky high and, partially, into the unprotected Pacific ocean. The most dangerous, radioactive and lethal substances known on Earth were among the garbage blown OUTSIDE their breakwater and into open ocean. 55km? Oh, look deeper and farther Watson. The damage should be far more extensive by now and growing every single day.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ahh, yes ... Greenpeace, that most reliable of organizations.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I will never forget what I heard a gulf of Mexico fisherman say about shrimp. YOU EITHER GET OIL FLAVOR OR RADIOACTIVE FLAVOR smh leave the fish be unless wish to ingest what they are copping with as of now. SAD

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
truthfully...

i don´t even care anymore.

i´m just going to eat whatever!

i´ll die one way or the other.

/ aspartame
/ sucralose
/ radioactive fish

you name it, it´s all on the menu..

something is going to kill you anyway

SnF for bring to my and ATS´s attention

edit on 9-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
let me be very clear that the above post accounts for me and my personal actions, i don´t recommend it to anybody

also i don´t want to come across as a dick and seem like i try to downplay an event like Fukushima.

i feel very sorry for those directly involved and those indirectly. (possibly the whole globe)

we should never ever forget Fukushima or Tjernobyl.

but i honestly think we should stop messing with things we hardly know about and foremost radioactive material that takes some 300.000 years to decay.

who honestly in their right mind would want to mess with materials like that?

guess i'm going on a rant a little bit and i'm losing the point, so i'll end it right here

/vent off

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
That sucks. No one could eat that.
edit on 9-8-2011 by KennyDurazo because: Joker fish malfunction

new topics

top topics

join