It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Riots, Is USA Next?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Just so you all know the star on this post is mine and not that of a moderator.

The statement a moderator shouldn`t be posting like that is just plain wrong. They are people with opinions just like you and I, doesn`t matter if you agree with it.

And once again I`ll say just to be on topic that if Riots like that happen here it will be a blood bath. If you don`t think so you might just find it`s your blood unless you hide like I would be doing. We are not talking protesting when it is destroying stuff like that.
If it was to start here the cause would be people want a new tv without paying for it. That`s what it has turned into over there no other reason and if it was started for any other reason the scenes I`ve been seeing don`t reflect it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by sir_slide

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by inforeal

But you are wrong. What you speak of is the TV portrayal of the Tea Party, not the grassroots Tea Party in your own town.

What the Tea Party is, is the last line of peaceful protest and effort to reform the government. If they fail...........................well, then you can let your imagination run wild. Things have come to a head. Reform of the government, the political scene, and the economy is going to happen very soon. Pray for the Tea Party to be successful, because that is the easy way.

A little troubling coming from a moderator man, I thought the moderators were not allowed to do this as makes it difficult to moderate without bias, not saying you're wrong as I don't know much about the Tea party at all, but is it cool to be so forceful with the political stuff if you're a mod??

We are members first, moderators second. We never let our moderator status interfere with our membership and/or personal opinions. I would never have agreed to become a moderator if it were any different.

To be fair, we never moderate in threads where we are participating. Also, we tend to stick to forums where we are not biased. For example, as a Mason, I never moderate in the Secret Societies forum. Also, the vast majority of moderator actions are done by consensus. It is kind of rare for a moderator to take unilateral action. Typically we alert something, and discuss it behind the scenes before anything happens.

If it ever becomes a problem (which it hasn't, and it won't), but if it ever does become a problem, I will gladly give up the Moderator banner, and still debate my opinions forcefully.

Cheers for the reply, just really wanted to clarify that as it seemed a bit worrying to me. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

are you referring to what I said?

Perfectly legitimate concern mate. Stop sucking up to the mods

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
A democracy requires an education, registered voters, diversity, and morals.

Wow a little surprised here, allow me to quote the U.S. constitution .

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

And then there is always our good old Pledge of Allegiance

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty, and justice for all.

A republic is a form of government in which THE PEOPLE, OR SOME SIGNIFICANT PORTION, RETAIN SUPREME CONTROL OVER THE GOVERNMENT, at least in theory, and where offices of state are not granted through heritage.

Democracy is a form of government in which all ELIGIBLE people have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives. Ideally, this includes equal (and more or less direct) participation in the proposal, development and passage of legislation into law.

edit on 8/10/2011 by dirttrck because: typos

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me at all if riots broke out here in the USA.

The frustration with the government is there, the wars are there, the economic troubles are there, the unemployment is there. The feeling of our Gov. no longer serving our best interests at home is there, lets just hope that in good old American citizen fashion, rioting is replaced with PEACEFUL protests.

Americans have seen the power of peace. There are those of us who would have no problem sitting non-violently while we are gunned down and tear gassed, knowing that the world is watching, holding signs asking for our freedoms back, and accountability in the Government.

If riots do somehow spread to the US, the can of worms it has the potential to open could bring about some very badly needed changes, however, non-violence by those of us willing to put our necks on the line would eventually win the day.

Riots here will be met with force.

However, the time is coming where there will be a revolution of sorts, when people get fed up with all of the violence, but first we must be reminded of WHY we need to protest. Riots might open those doors, sometimes civil disobedience is needed in order to bring about change.

We are closer than people think.

Remember.....

The Kent State shootings—also known as the May 4 massacre or, frequently, the Kent State massacre[2][3][4]—occurred at Kent State University in the city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by members of the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.[5] Some of the students who were shot had been protesting against the American invasion of Cambodia, which President Richard Nixon announced in a television address on April 30. Other students who were shot had been walking nearby or observing the protest from a distance.[6][7] There was a significant national response to the shootings: hundreds of universities, colleges, and high schools closed throughout the United States due to a student strike of four million[8] students, and the event further affected the public opinion—at an already socially contentious time—over the role of the United States in the Vietnam War.[9]

Wki-Kent State Shooting

It does not take much for Americans, especially the young, to stand up.

The movement then was different than now though, now the frustrations are more likely to lead to violent ends.

Trust me America, change is coming, and it might be scary at first, and violent, bloody and shocking, but in the end, when Americans stand up in numbers and use the collective voice for PEACE, we will be heard and our Gov. will tremble.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
well turns out it was all just a bunch of criminals looking to loot stuff.

no social message here just young bums.

at least thats the way the bbc is portraying it now.
theyve arrested 1800 oh em so that will show them for ever thinking
they can change the system by rioting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join