It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ron Paul a ‘fringe’ candidate? Not with poll numbers like these!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ron Paul has some very good ideas on some issues and his campaign will certainly be appreciated for bringing those issues into the light.

I will say that he at least seems to have motivation and drive, something that seems to be lacking in the other republican candidates.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You are right! 1) he needs the right people around him 2) he needs to win the Republican nomination.

However, we the sane people, don't have the numbers to get him elected. We need to "tolerate" Ron's supporters that have other agendas or want to vote for him because they like his haircut. We need the votes.

He isn't a person that will be handled or swayed by political pressure or tactics...so the fringe, the hooligans, and any other supporter is not a threat to take over his message, and his philosophy of governance.

Vote for Ron....not against the people that think Ron is one of them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Ron Paul seems to be the only one vote worthy, let's hope his policies dont change under zionist pressure if he gets the job. I'm pretty sure he will be no.1 on the zionists hit list if he doe get the job and sticks to his policies.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
And it starts all over again. Do you people really believe that another POLITICIAN will really change anything? Obama was supposed to be the change we needed, so we elected him, and it turns out we were lied to AGAIN. Don't trust politicians.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

I dont recall Obama saying anything about the federal reserve pre-election, do you? What tool thought Obama was going to do a thing? not me

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Granted, but do you seriously trust politicians in this day and age?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
TPTB aren't going to allow Paul to win, they're going to attempt to keep the half wit in office another 4 years, so they can live to see their agenda met on world domination.

This is all out war come november, if obama steals re-election we go to war PERIOD

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4
reply to post by Haxsaw

Granted, but do you seriously trust politicians in this day and age?

Never said that mate, all I said was that he is the only one worth a vote atm.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

I see. Well, you attempt voting for him, maybe he'll win maybe he won't.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

And it starts all over again. Do you people really believe that another POLITICIAN will really change anything? Obama was supposed to be the change we needed, so we elected him, and it turns out we were lied to AGAIN. Don't trust politicians.

I disagree with you there. With Obama, we just had the broad idea of "change". With Ron Paul, he's a straight to the point guy: He will protect and defend the Constitution.

Where did Obama talk about his unparalled dedication to defending the Constitution? Sure, he talked about ending the wars and he lied about that which was huge, but if Ron Paul's strongest campaign point is defending the Constitution and he ends up screwing the American people and we find out he lied about that, that'll be the last straw and the people will take to the streets and fight to take back this country IMO.

Lying about protecting the Constitution when that's what attracted the majority of voters and especially when you take an oath to defend it will not be taken as "Oh, another politician lying", Americans will say enough and fight back.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Touche.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Amazing isn't it? Even though Ron Paul is in third place with 16% overall and leading amongst those who are certain of their vote with 27%, they still insist on diluting the results with the following disclaimer:

Nationally, Romney, Perry, and Bachmann lead the pack.

We're awake and we're sick of the 2-headed 1-party system. Even if Ron Paul does not win the Republican nomination, his supporters must insist that he run as an Independent, making it a three-way race.

Ron Paul / Judge Andrew Napolitano 2012.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I saw the same %, yet when CNN mentioned this "poll" they went down the list yet somehow skipped over Ron Paul and went to the bottom of the list to "pep rally cheerleader" Bachman. How do you skip down to the bottom? The government & MSM are desperate and grasping at straws now. When riots start in America, these morons will still use the same lame polls, that is if we can actually use internet, cell phones or even watch tv, which is monopolized by certain cable companies! The elite are in trouble!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I don't know if I'd say he was still a fringe candidate. Hopefully enough people know the MSM is being used as a corporate tool to placate us, and any pap they feed us should send us running in the opposite direction. Ron has real, workable ideas on how to bring us back to where we need to be.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4

The argument that absolutely no politician should be trusted is absurd. Even today there remain a few shining stars among that cesspool of Congress and the White House. Ron is one of them. I know with absolute certainty that he would faithfully and honestly execute the office of the presidency because he has voted constitutionally for over thirty years. Compare his record to Romney's or Bachmann's and you will find Paul has no equal or higher.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
reply to post by schuyler

Vote for Ron....not against the people that think Ron is one of them.

Yeah, I know. I need to get over it, but I think my reaction was symptomatic. His supporters were very well organized--hands above everyone else, yet this wasn't near enough to make it work. In other words, enthusiasm alone doesn't cut it. It wasn't until I could get away from his supporters that I could listen to what Paul had to say. Their noise doesn't appeal, at least to my demographic.

I think one of the things that needs to happen this time is adult supervision. Paul absolutely must control his campaign rather than let it run away with him (Does that make sense?) When you take what he says item by item and piece by piece, it makes a lot of sense. I think it appeals to the right and center right IF he can get through to them. He already has the MSM against him (And maybe this will be the break through election that eliminates the MSM as viable. I sure hope so.) So he absolutely cannot allow his supporters to be effectively against him by alienbating the very voters he needs to get the nomination.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join