It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ron Paul a ‘fringe’ candidate? Not with poll numbers like these!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Source

The first Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Iowa’s Likely Caucus Participants shows that Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann attracts 22% support, while former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney earn 21%. Just slightly behind is Texas Congressman Ron Paul at 16%, followed by Texas Governor Rick Perry at 12% and former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty at 11%.
-
Overall, just 28% of potential Iowa Caucus participants are absolutely certain of how they will vote, while the rest could change their mind. Among those who are certain of their vote, Ron Paul is on top at 27%.

Ron Paul is now surging in Iowa just before the Ames straw poll and the Republican Presidential debates, if he can win the debates (even if the media ignores him) and can take at least second in Ames Straw poll there is no more doubt that he will be one of the top 3 candidates heading into the 2012 primaries.

What this poll also shows is that Michele Bachmann is losing ground.

Bachmann – 24%, Paul – 5%: 7/25
Bachma nn – 33%, Paul – 7%: 7/18

Anyone else ready for a little bit of Austrian Economics?

If anyone here knows about GOP history then you may like this little commentary: The Old Right champion for liberty, Robert “Mr. Republican” Taft, lost the bid for GOP nomination in 1940, 1948, and 1952, perhaps he will have his chance in 2012.

More Good News

Source

In the GOP contest to challenge Obama, former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney continues to lead the field, at 24%, but a potential candidate who hasn't entered the race yet is in second place.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who is exploring a presidential campaign, ranks behind Romney at 17%. Texas Rep. Ron Paul is third at 14%, followed by Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann at 13%.

Wait what... THIRD in a national Gallup poll? Just behind Rick Perry? Impossible.

Would anyone like to say "unelectable" now?
edit on 8/9/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Having won the CPAC two years in a row and the Republican Leadership Conference this year - in addition to this success, he continues to have the highest donation amounts from the military. More than all other candidates combined!

He is definitely not a fringe candidate. Despite the MSM and FED's deepest wishes.

edit on 9-8-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
reply to post by Misoir

Having won the CPAC two years in a row and the Republican Leadership Conference this year - in addition to this success, he continues to have the highest donation amounts from the military. More than all other candidates combined!

He is definitely not a fringe candidate. Despite the MSM and FED's deepest wishes.

edit on 9-8-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

No kidding. He scares the crap out of the left, right, and the MSM. The only people who are relatively nice to him are (strangely enough) are progressive opinion shows on MSNBC and Jon Stewart who often call FOX out for ignoring him.

The advantage of his platform is that, even though he's making enemies everywhere, he's also making friends everywhere. I can't think of a time where I would agree with so many conservatives on an election. He's a man for America and not for a party.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
He is definitely a fringe candidate which is why so many people are going to vote for him. I never have but I will this time if given the chance.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

He holds the record on civilian donations as well as the 1 day record for fundraising. No corporate donors contribute to the Paul campaign and to my knowledge, never did.
These stats sure don't match the major media reports. I wonder why.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Plus, if you really DO want to support the troops, you have to vote for Ron Paul. He has the highest amount of money in donations from our troops out of all the candidates. They want to come home.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
this country needs paul they dont know how bad they do.

the smart people have woken up ok well some of them.

if you want more of the same vote d/r if you want real hope and change then vote paul.

anyone who has any conscience would.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
give em hell dr paul.

he better not turn out to be part of the false left right paradigm

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What i find interesting is that some states are voting to have the Electorate "sit out"...meaning the peoples votes will matter more, another surprise is that California is among them.

But perhaps this will backfire in some way too.

Paul 2012.... or perry if all else fails.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This happens in every election. It's the "protest vote" because it does not have to be real. It fools the candidates and their supporters more than anyone else. When Jesse Jackson ran for President with his Rainbow Coalition the same thing happened. He got up on the convention floor and proclaimed. "Somethin's happenin' in this land!" He thought he had it nailed. I believe that's what is happening this time as well.

You have to hand it to Ron Paul supporters. They are an enthusiastic lot, but also Paul's worst enemies. Their handling of the primaries in the last election displayed a shocking lack of democracy plus a whole lot of manipulation and deception. I was a delegate to my state's Republican Convention and saw this disruption first hand. They didn't want a vote; they wanted to disrupt the convention. Frankly, it turned me off to Ron Paul entirely that time and if they act the same way this time it will do the same thing this time. These guys are going to have to act like grown-ups this time around. We'll have to wait and see if they have matured enough in the last four years. They absolutely must ride this protest vote and keep it going.

Having said all that, I've been going through Paul's positions one by one on his web site, and so far I haven't found anything to disagree with. I hope he has the wherewithall and the organization to pull it off this time, But one thing is certain. A third-party run will disrupt the right. Ross Perot's run elected Bill Clinton. Ralph Nader's run elected George W. Bush. Look at the numbers and you'll see this is true. What Paul needs to do is win the Republican nomination.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

What this poll also shows is that Michele Bachmann is losing ground.

Bachmann – 24%, Paul – 5%: 7/25
Bachma nn – 33%, Paul – 7%: 7/18
That's a relief, but the fact that she even has 20 supporters makes me sick.

Ron Paul is now surging in Iowa just before the Ames straw poll and the Republican Presidential debates, [color=limegreen]if he can win the debates (even if the media ignores him) and can take at least second in Ames Straw poll there is no more doubt that he will be one of the top 3 candidates heading into the 2012 primaries.
I think there's a really good chance he'll win them. Based on the debates I've watched, Ron Paul gets uproarious applause almost every time he opens his mouth because he speaks the unscripted truth.
edit on 9-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Im from England and I want Ron Paul to win the presidency...lets face it...the world would be a better place with inspiration like him

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I would have voted for Dr. Paul last time if he hadn't dropped out early. I was really disappointed at the time, but still follow the Campaign for Liberty that is an offshoot of his last campaign. What I expect to happen, though, is that no matter how well he does in the polls, he will not get the Republican nomination.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No, he's not fringe!

"We" even have a SuperPAC now, which will be having a Superbomb (moneybomb) on Sept 19th. It's my understanding that donations have no limits, unlike when one donates to the actual campaign, there's a $2500 limit-per-person.

Gary Franchi (Reality Report), President of REVPAC, also has this to say about foreigners donating money to REVPAC:
The Revolution PAC is asking foreign supporters of Ron Paul to patronize US businesses who support the Super PAC like RonPaulSwag.com......

Here's a link to the Superbomb Sept 19th promo ad (It's fantastic, imo):
www.youtube.com...

In addition to the REVPAC which has Tom Woods and Murray Sabrin (among others) on its Advisory Board, the grassroots supporters have created a Ron Paul endorsement site (lists endorsements from "famous" people), a Ron Paul flicks site, etc. The rEVOLution has really grown since 2007. Ron Paul speaks the truth, predicted in advance a lot of this country's current problems, has solutions...and people realize that once they actually listen to what he has to say.

Ron Paul has my vote in 2012! I so look forward to the restoration of this country to the great nation she once was!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Anyone who doesn't believe in endless debt is apparently fringe in Washington.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry guys and gals. Just don't get your hopes up too much. Who votes republican? Demographically, elderly white Midwestern, suburban people. All it is going to take is overplay of some video of Paul willing to legalize drugs to scare grandma Jones in rural America. The powers that be are the powers that be for a reason, they own the media, they are in control of the right/left paradigm. And in the event things don't go as planned, there's always diebold and their amazing machines.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

With posts like this, we will have to rename the Forum, "End of Political Madness" or "US Political Sense for a Change."

Yes, Ron Paul is a mainstream candidate this time around! Bachmann doesn't stand a chance, Rick Perry is a shill and he better not win, and I haven't decided why I don't like Romney, but I just don't, LOL!

Ron Paul has the answers!!

BTW, the Banner in my Siggy connects to the same video as your OP!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ron Paul will be absolutely crushed by the democratic smear campaign as soon as they consider him a valid threat to Obama. Ron Paul has far to many skeletons from his past statements that will be twisted and used against him.

He has no chance of winning.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

That will definitely be the M.O., but most of the "smears" are the things his supporters love about him. Hopefully we can be vocal and educate the public so they hear more than 10 second sound bites and 150 character tweets!

It is more important than over that we are all vocal in our support, and in our education of those that might be led astray by taking his words our of context.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

They didn't want a vote; they wanted to disrupt the convention. Frankly, it turned me off to Ron Paul entirely that time and if they act the same way this time it will do the same thing this time. These guys are going to have to act like grown-ups this time around. We'll have to wait and see if they have matured enough in the last four years. They absolutely must ride this protest vote and keep it going.

Absolutely Agreed!

I was turned off in 2008 by the tactics of his supporters as well. He absolutely must run a mainstream campaign, and if his supporters want to try their weird tactics on college campuses then fine, but they need to keep it away from the National Convention, and away from the skittish elderly and suburbia.

He needs a masterful mainstream campaign, and then a subtle grassroots campaign.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join