It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FaithNoMore

YES!! Another first star badge to add to my collection

Perhaps that quote could be rephrased to... "every person can have a personal relationship with God" if they chose to do so.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Why must we discount others experience? Because they are not our own? Had you experienced this.....would you tell others? Would you want them to believe even though it was your personal experience?

I understand your points. I wasn't discounting his experience. Only that people have "experiences" all the time. Some people may interpret it as "religious", others (incl. non-believers) may not.

All I wished to express was that "ex-Atheists stories" arn't remarkable, most of us have no beliefs until someone tells us about beliefs (religion, or deism) Although I'm more than happy to listen to the "experience" story itself.

Another point to add is that many people have experiences, if they live in Saudi Arabia, no doubt it would confirm the Islamic faith, If it was ancient greek, no doubt it would confirm the mythology of Zeus.

People have an experiences and associate to the most profound concept they have in their brain - which for many, seems to be a cosmological big brother figure. Additionally, many people are mistaken by their experiences, for a number of reasons, one being that they havn't considered all the possibilities (or are not aware of them)

I guess my main point would be that non-believers, deists, agnostics can experience the trancendent, the numinous too, and can have a keane interest in the paranormal, or the supernatural.

You do not have to believe.....its a choice that is yours to make

That's the beauty of free will. Peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

YES!! Another first star badge to add to my collection

Perhaps that quote could be rephrased to... "every person can have a personal relationship with God" if they chose to do so.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Plagiator. That was supposed to be MY comment.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Another point to add is that many people have experiences, if they live in Saudi Arabia, no doubt it would confirm the Islamic faith, If it was ancient greek, no doubt it would confirm the mythology of Zeus.

This is what I once thought as well....

What has been my research is quite different than what you are conveying. It seems there is a pile of evidence from my research and others that when one dies they see Jesus...no matter what religion or non belief they have.

I could bring many videos to the thread and tell you the many books I have read discussing the matter....but if one does not believe....there is really nothing I can do or say that will make you believe.

It is not for me to make anyone believe..... I am just trying to show others experience through NDE.

Believing comes from the Spirit of God, in my opinion.....but through others experience I think we can indeed learn.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

My father in law has a heart and a colon but unfortunately his lungs are pretty much gone. He was dead back in January but fought back and has done so several times. Ask him what he thinks about God and he'll tell you that he had a conversation with God and told him he wasn't ready for them and they weren't ready for him. Organs aside... my guess is if you seperated physical from spiritual the belief in God wouldn't be a "feeling" but a "knowing". Something you don't have to describe or wonder about. It's just there.
Sorry to hear about the ongoing tragedy in your family and I know God is important in your life and I am sure he did have such a conversation. God loves us and steps in where no one else can.
So knowing, independent of feeling, that was what I was wondering about. I know I have these feelings but I have an awareness of the source of these feelings because of my history. Knowing is important and is a gift only God can give.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I just want to say....I LOVE YA'LL!!!! (I am from TN)

((((((HUGS)))))))

This subject is such a gratifying one and I am so glad this thread was created. There is so much love radiating within ATS and I feel so privileged to be a part of it.

Peace and love to all of you. I hope there are many more positive threads come to light......

Jenn

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I agree completely, could not have said it better myself.
also, you have a cute nose, a little random but there it is

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I just want to say....I LOVE YA'LL!!!! (I am from TN)

((((((HUGS)))))))

This subject is such a gratifying one and I am so glad this thread was created. There is so much love radiating within ATS and I feel so privileged to be a part of it.

Peace and love to all of you. I hope there are many more positive threads come to light......

Jenn

I'm so glad you enjoyed this thread

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

My father in law has a heart and a colon but unfortunately his lungs are pretty much gone. He was dead back in January but fought back and has done so several times. Ask him what he thinks about God and he'll tell you that he had a conversation with God and told him he wasn't ready for them and they weren't ready for him. Organs aside... my guess is if you seperated physical from spiritual the belief in God wouldn't be a "feeling" but a "knowing". Something you don't have to describe or wonder about. It's just there.
Sorry to hear about the ongoing tragedy in your family and I know God is important in your life and I am sure he did have such a conversation. God loves us and steps in where no one else can.
So knowing, independent of feeling, that was what I was wondering about. I know I have these feelings but I have an awareness of the source of these feelings because of my history. Knowing is important and is a gift only God can give.

Thank you. It's just his time.
...and, exactly. Knowing is different than feeling or just be aware.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

I agree completely, could not have said it better myself.
also, you have a cute nose, a little random but there it is

Haha
thank you.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

O.K. here goes, you are on the right path. what I'm gonna tell ya is how to make your direct connection with God.Its' easy. I did it and I was never into the religion thing, in fact I disliked it cause of all the damage its' done!
I did this thru a simple form of meditation, clear all thuoghts from your waking mind, I repeated over and over( as I laid down for a nap one afternoon) "peace and love".I fell asleep and went into a dream state very quickly, which then turned into an out of body experience. I found my self in the tunnel so often described in the near death exp..
after this the visions began and have never stopped. I have been visited by Mary and God himself has spoken to me. this is what was told of in the sermon on the mount. Your connection to God is within all of us. I hope you will seek God in this way. He told me that I would bring many to Him this way. So I'm taking time to tell as many of you how to do this.

<< 1  2   >>

join