It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What next? Astronomers, Celebrities or the CIA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by idealord
Issac, I assume you saw my previous post about the CIA data capture?

Hi Jeff,

Yes, but I wanted to download it at home rather than in my office - and only got home from work a few minutes ago.

I'm going to start downloading it now.

Edit to add : Okay, that downloaded and opened without any problems. Thanks for zipping up all the PDFs - you saved me downloading them at the weekend.

The spreadsheet looks like it should be useful. I've already used it to check out something that had occurred to me - i.e. it looked like the CIA gave the PDFs URLs in blocks like the Canadians, but with some numbers omitted for some reason - your spreadsheet has enabled me to identify the missing numbers and try out some of those URLs to see if there were UFO documents at them. In fact, there was nothing at the 5 or 6 such numbers that I've tried so far - but this seemed to me worth trying.

In terms of the number of pages in the PDFs, I can't see any relevant numbers in this spreadsheet. I only really need to total number of pages for my current plans, which I can get by printing out all the PDFs and paginating them - but if you can add the number of pages in each PDF using the tool you mentioned above them that would be great.

I think that this spreadsheet should be mentioned on the UFO UpDates email discussion List. I'd be happy to do so if you are not a member, crediting it to you of course. In relation to your concern about your bandwidth, I can put just the spreadsheet on my own website (in a webpage in your name) in a table which can be sorted online by clicking on the top row - which I was quite pleased to get working...

Thanks,

Isaac
edit on 11-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Issac that sounds all very nice. I can handle a few downloads, but it should be hosted, as you suggest, somewhere UFO-topical.

The PDF stuff, yeah, I have to install and write that. I found the library yesterday, but it's something I'm unfamiliar with. It'll take a couple of days I suggest; I have a lot of other projects underway and learning new stuff takes longer than just whipping something out which is just like I did a few years ago.

Cheers!

Jeff

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
New spreadsheet with page numbers of each PDF file is up:

parnasse.com...

Cheers!

Jeff

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by idealord
New spreadsheet with page numbers of each PDF file is up:

parnasse.com...

Hi Jeff,

That's great. Having that information in a spreadsheet, with the page numbers, really helps get to grips with what is available at that link.

I'll post more when I've done a bit of work on the Astronomers thread I'm trying to finish, but basically either there are more CIA documents on the website which don't appear when you click on the CIA's UFO link (which may be the case, particularly since you mentioned that changing the search from UFO.txt to just UFO increased the number of hits) or there are quite a few pages which the CIA released in the 1970s which do not appear to be in the relevant section of the CIA website.

Having your list is also making it easier to identify various CIA documents which do not appear to be on the CIA FOIA website (subject to the query above about trying different search terms) but which have been mentioned in official documents...

Also, I've run all the CIA documents in your zip file through some OCR software - which should come in handy once the Astronomer thread is out of the way.

All the best,

Isaac

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join