It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your, Quick tips for all things survival: Here

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i have learned how to make:

molotov cocktails
napalm
thermite

never know when a good fire will come in handy

could be handy for drying out wood to burn

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Another way to get clean filtered water without any materials....Dig a hole BELOW THE WATER LEVEL in the sand/clay/dirt/ect a few paces away from a freshwater source, (Lake, Spring, River, Creek, Pond) The hole will fill up and the water in the hole will be filtered by the surrounding earth material...It is kind of like a mini well, It works best if your close to a water source, and the deeper you go the more water you will likely get.. The water might be a little gritty if you dont let it settle, but thats just minerals and such you might need anyway.lol

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Without a whole lot of trouble you could learn to make plastic explosive (PBX)
Now here's the tip... when you make it... pour it into an empty champagne bottle...
the bottom has a cone shape and once it's set... Viola you have yourself a shaped charge....just break the glass to remove...

Believe it or not I didn't learn that trick in the Marines... but from a wire-line crew working out in the Oil fields of Wyoming...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
for hunting
The Atlatl. This is a spear and throwing device can be made anywhere and are easy to be accurate (with a little practice) youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomataprice
Ok this may be some what of a gross repsonce to this thread but it is something you thing about when you have teenage girls in the home!

Start making your own pads for when you are on your cycle. Use old flannel shirts that have been sanitized. They are easy to transport and can be washed and reused.

Now the gross part for some............
Theses pads/rags can be used to bait traps as well. Animals will be drawn to the smell and killed. It's not as out there as you think and it works.

Meh, it might be a little gross, but in survival situations you make good use of every single resource you've got. Excellent suggestion!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomataprice
Ok this may be some what of a gross repsonce to this thread but it is something you thing about when you have teenage girls in the home!

Start making your own pads for when you are on your cycle. Use old flannel shirts that have been sanitized. They are easy to transport and can be washed and reused.

Now the gross part for some............
Theses pads/rags can be used to bait traps as well. Animals will be drawn to the smell and killed. It's not as out there as you think and it works.

Meh, it might be a little gross, but in survival situations you make good use of every single resource you've got. Excellent suggestion!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have a few things for survival and defense.

Hopefully these pictures are not to long or wide!

These three should benefit other users.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

Tell me if I should link these to my photo album instead.
Second line needed.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

there fine the way they are...
beside if someone wants to see it all at once or print it out they can right click save as... right

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is a great thread. I grew up hunting and fishing and trapping etc. The part I need help with are things like identifying edible and medicinal plants and things like that. I'm sure you guys know some resources for those that will have pictures and instructions and such. Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkunkSense
A few other items that come in handy…

3. Solar lights: Great at home or out in the wilderness. If electricity goes out, the solar lights are great to use as night lights. I prefer to use the solar lights first before using up batteries or matches to light candles.

the unit can be used to charge batteries. most of them use AA bttys; you can easily open and remove and use them for radio. or handheld light. the units I've seen use cheap ni-cad batteries; I replaced wi Nimhs.

potential item for your pack; small net with handle. catch minnows and maybe small game. scoop under rocks and along banks and catch hiders.
(maybe you can take the net and cut a stick in the field for a handle)
edit on 2-9-2011 by works4dhs because: clarify

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join