It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: UFOs and Extraterrestrials

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Disappointed ... not enough options...

I believe they are trans-dimensional beings/craft...
...a mixture of physical and staged/visual...
...they are what have been described throughout history as demons/angels/spirits...
...and every other supernatural manifestation.

They are manifesting - reinventing themselves as ufos/aliens.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I'm reading through the thread, what a great idea to do a survey.

I actually picked people who habitually debunk sightings.

I thought the wording, legally, covers everything. I do agree however, the last question would have been better to have picked a few different choices for an answer. I thought people who habitually debunk sightings are those involved in the cover up, or biased, stubborn, greedy thinkers.

Those who debunked Roswell, the Phoenix Lights, O'hare Airport, Tehran UFO, even Astronaut or Presidential claims, and even some topics in Ancient Astronaut Theory, Panspermia, Evolution, etc... Not people on the internet, but people in real life who "debunked" those sightings, and that debunking became household fact.

Those famous UFO sightings that were debunked by the government or what have you, are the main topics that keep Ufology alive.

People who habitually debunked sightings are a threat to Disclosure.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
To be honest, I find it weird that you guys are giving these surveys... Can't put my finger on it.

But, I did it anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Just curious, I did see that some members clearly see a difference between inter-dimensional beings and extraterrestrial beings.
I see them as a terrestrial being both as extraterrestrial, so can someone explain to me what is wrong in that assumption?

Basically, it comes from the belief congruent with the latest theories in quantum physics and hyperspaces, that our universe is not just 4 dimensions but in fact 10 or 11. That our universe is but a small sub-set of a larger reality. That these creatures don't originate from a great distance away from Earth, but are very close and outside of our 4 dimensions yet can enter our perception and disappear from it at will.

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Just curious, I did see that some members clearly see a difference between inter-dimensional beings and extraterrestrial beings.
I see them as a terrestrial being both as extraterrestrial, so can someone explain to me what is wrong in that assumption?

I think interdimensional would imply that we would never be able to view them astronomically, and essentially anything that was not originated from Earth itself, would be considered extraterrestrial.

Slight difference in perception, but both essentially extraterrestrial, with the exception that the former is without a place in our Universe.

Thanks for your interesting replies.

Not for being cocksure but only to make it easy for myself to understand it all, I see them both as visitors from outside our world and will consider them therefore for the time being both as extraterrestrials.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I personally believe whats ever is visiting us is ET or from the Future. The whole "Aliens are Demonic Messengers Of Deception" doesnt hold much evidence.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
To be honest, I find it weird that you guys are giving these surveys... Can't put my finger on it.

But, I did it anyway.

Isn't this a pretty clever way of getting a biased opinion, of many people, coming from every different background possible?

Think about it.

I think the surveys are brilliant as long as people are honest. Sure the questions could be better but they could be a lot worse. Or have no survey at all. Take it and answer honestly, once the results are posted you'll know if your sane or guano crazy =P

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
phoenix light question is tricky as it was a two-phase event, at least originally. the initial sightings of the massive "V-shaped" object was going through a couple state and reported by many. and as it came towards phoenix, flares were dropped to resemble that shape. the first part of this story gets more and more further removed from the case as time goes on.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This is horrible of me to say but I'll say it anyway.

Skeptic, stage most of the questions to have an answer of; yes, no or I don't know. By giving specific "Idea's" in the "Answers" makes these surveys have no weight what so ever. Make the questions broad enough individually to get an answer but make the range of cumulative questions vast to get a general concensus. Make them yes, no or I dont know.

I think you guys are awesome, it's just a suggestion!

EDIT: Sorry I just read that and its kinda confusing so ill give you an example. Ask "have you seen an unidentified flying object" yes, no, no comment then ask "have you seen chinese lanterns" yes, no, no comment.

Depending on what that yielded, you could say people don't know what chinese lanterns look like. Or people do....
edit on 10-8-2011 by litterbaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Just putting my two pennies in here to say that when I joined ATS I was a firm believer in UFO's. I have seen several myself. But after trying to follow the threads in the UFO Topic page, it so quickly becomes " Yes they are"-"No they aren't"- "Yes they are"-"No they aren't" with both sides screaming "neeener neeener neeener" and spitting raspberries , I hardly even read the new threads in the UFO collumn anymore. Anymore I tend to believe the older experiences are truly ET, such as Roswell for example. But these days? I just don't have the time and resources to research it all myself, I rely on ATS experienced researchers to do that. But it seems that there's always the New Darling of UFOlogy everyone just loves and believes, and then he goes "too far" and gets hated. I really wish there could be more of a "CSI" ,If you will, approach to the discussions, rather than the emotional "You aren't the boss of me" attitude seen so often in these threads. So for now, my attitude toward aliens, UFO's , crop circles is "Hey If you're out there and that means Here,then bring it on cuz until you make your presence undoubtably known by the entire population of this planet, your game of hide and seek has gotten boring."

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I guess I was unlucky because I never heard of the Stephenville, O'Hare Airport, Phoenix Lights AND Rendlesham Forest.

Are those really popular enough to put in a survey?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The questions that labels “UFO’s” as being interstellar as the only choice seems to me to be skewed.

Most of the experts in the field, have come to the conclusion that most UFO’s are inter-dimensional.

So, what we should have is three choices, man-made, interstellar, and inter-dimensional.

The questions seem to look for the answer to “Do you believe most reported sighting are man-made, or alien.

Which the answer is clearly, No one knows for sure.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Great Survey, SkepticOverlord..

I have completed it and is looking forward to the final results

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
When I went to link it said I already did the poll, "which I did not"......no one uses my computer so how can this be.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Thank you for a well done and interesting survey. Intelligent questions asked and good examples used.
Although, I do think at this point those still asking the question "do you think e.b.e.'s are a reality" is like asking if the planet is going thru changes.
Even so your examples were good and thought provoking..Thank you
star for your effort

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Took the survey yesterday morning. First survey I've taken on ATS, the others really didn't interest me, well they did but I dunno I just didn't feel like doing them at the time? But this one I wanted to see. Is there anyway to see the results?

Anyhow, I also would have like to seen a few more options as well.Like; Uncertain, Extra-dimensional beings, or I believe it ET's are out there but haven't seen proof they've visited earth ect. ect. But still it was good.

As far as being able to pick multiple choices for the last question. It sounds good at first, BUT if given that option, I probably would have checked mostly all of them, cause they are all pretty destructive to any real UFO research. But making the person pick one , makes them think about what is the very worst of the worst, or what thier pet peeve one is.

Mine was also charlatans. Mainly because of Jaime Maussan and a couple others. But that guy for some reason really puts me off. I believe he has been involved with hoaxers and knows it. Also some of the "proof" he shows is just downright rediculous, but yet the guy is always on t.v. and being portrayed as some type of expert scientist. Whether he went to college or not, I don't care, it's obvious, to me the guy is a charlatan. Ahh I could rant on and on all day about him and his videos. It is what it is.

Cool survey.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

done!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vixvenom

reply to post by flight-dynamics

For some reason it's really starting to piss me off when people can't do the minimum amount of research to discover we're talking about TWO separate events here. There is little doubt that the second, later sighting of lights were probably flares. What about the first sighting of the huge craft the slowly moved from Kingman on down through Phoenix, witnessed by hundreds, if not thousands of people...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I would expect a strong ET presence in the poll.
Sympathy for the ET is great.
However unfounded.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I found this on youtube "the russian alien" someone know what are that codes and symbols?
It could be an error but when i try to contact the two users that are cover by this symbols one of them close the account, and I did it immediately so ..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by barretm822

Then I ended in this Index dont ask me how but i just made some math ops

archive.gersteinlab.org...

I sent the data of one of the projects to an expert and reply me with this info:

"This project from Gerstein Lab research in the field of bioinformatics, sequences the genomes of a large number of peoplto provide a comprehensive resource on human genetic variation...
Well and this exerpt you have sent me is one of this researches.
Without deciphering this data, it is an comprehensive analysis of pseudogenes in prokaryotes, means: disabled copies of known genes.Overall in prokaryotes its generally believed that they are rare. So they carry out different genes in different selection of prokaryotes plus occurance. Those are associated with specific families and this list just shows off the direct role in DNA transposition. To draw a conclusion ...they found a significant difference in the number of horizontally transferred pseudogenes in strains of ecoli and pseudogenes are more than twice as have likely as genes to have anomalous codon. To look precisely , genes havingrecently fallen out of use for an organism are oftendetectable in the genome as pseudogenes, so disacbled copies of genes are characterized by disruption of reading and stopcodons,leads to duplication formation tends to occur in protein families, and is in many cases linked to the generation of functional diversity. That is all i can say to this".

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join