It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: UFOs and Extraterrestrials

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Jaques Vallee Ph.D. and Dr. J. Allen Hynek both conclude that these craft and phenomena are inter-dimensional and not extraterrestrial and I was dismayed there was no survey option available for this contention.

I concur.
My answers were based on my agreement with Vallee's conclusions.
The sole use of the word "extra-terrestrial" in the poll renders most of my answers moot.

And Skeptic Overlord, I'm still awaiting the day you change that terrible avatar.

Same here, I was quite dismayed that I had to select "disagree" to every question that presupposed an extraterrestrial nature for these entities and their crafts.

edit on 9-8-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I love this kind of open discussion and analysis, for it shows how people can interpret anomalies differently.

My perspective...
I don't think mankind has been visited between the years 25,000 BCE and present day. Even though older civilizations may have created journals with UFO scratchings, I think they are all based upon a certain amount of mythology. As a result of living in a very supernatural mindset, people explained environmental phenomenon through metaphorical symbolism.

Imagine if Plato's Atlantis mythologies were correct. Atlantis was a very-very advance society, which had technologies that stretched way beyond the capabilities of other civilizations. If you were living in a primitive civilization at the time, without knowledge of Atlantis, you would think their advanced technologies were weird. Since you found them fascinating, you started to make a journal of certain machinery.

How can a place like Atlantis become advance in such a short time? United States of America. Using the date in which we declared our independence, July 4, 1776 , the United States is roughly 235 years old. Within only 235 years, out of 6 million of mankind's overall existence, we have increased our technology and knowledge exponentially. Could this have happened before? According to a National Geographic documentary I saw, there are over one hundred civilizations hidden under water. If such of an advance civilization existed, their technology would look alien to all other civilizations.

Once modern man started looking at ancient artifacts, the imagery discovered fired off our imagination. Since we do not have a context for certain designs found in antiquity, mankind allowed science-fiction to evolve myths into reality.

What didn't help was the German flying saucers, which triggered off UFO events at the end of World War II. Russia and United States raced to build technology, which was inspired by German blueprints and scientists. During one of US or Russia's saucer test flights, through Alaska, Kenneth Arnold stumbled upon a fleet of them. Within a matter of only a month, they crashed a prototype in Roswell. Horton inspired American and Russian built.

When a real alien presence does arrive, I think all the mythologies will be turned upside down.

We will have to wait and see.

edit on 8/9/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I was quite dismayed that I had to select "disagree" to every question that presupposed an extraterrestrial nature for these entities and their crafts.

Well, that is the exact nature of the survey -- "UFOs and Extraterrestrials."

This is not a survey to gauge opinion on alternate non-spacefaring/paranormal explanations for the phenomenon attributed to off-earth intelligent species.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

The Romans were advanced, mayans had a large understanding of astronomy and math.

The answer being, we always had this potential but was limited due to our beliefs and religious indoctrination. Astronomy was banned in the dark ages, as was science. So without those limitations we would have developed this level od technology 10,000 years ago. But our brains are more emotional than logical.

So such things could be considered magic, or unnatural.

We are always destined to become advanced only a matter of time

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Extra-terrestrial, inter-dimensional, who cares? The point remains the same. And who's to say extra-terrestrials don't use inter-dimensional travel?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
I would have appreciated a 'I don't know' option for some of the questions.

Yeah, a "no opinion" option is essential.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That was fun...very curious about the results of this survey!

Nice job Skeptic...it was a nice break from the standard!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

My wish is the same as yours! I wish that there had been an alternative to "extra-terrestrial" or "terrestrial" as I don't believe that they are either one.

ETA: Maybe not an 'alternative', as the survey was about extra-terrestrials, but instead as you say an "undecided".
edit on 8/9/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by Section31

The Romans were advanced, mayans had a large understanding of astronomy and math.

The answer being, we always had this potential but was limited due to our beliefs and religious indoctrination. Astronomy was banned in the dark ages, as was science. So without those limitations we would have developed this level od technology 10,000 years ago. But our brains are more emotional than logical.

So such things could be considered magic, or unnatural.

We are always destined to become advanced only a matter of time

Dark Ages only lasted for 542 years. If we put that into context with human existence. 6 million years, prohibiting knowledge and science for 542 years is nothing.

Remember, the Dark Ages didn't stretch across the whole globe. If an advanced civilization existed somewhere else on the planet, the Church's influence would not be felt so far away. Imagine if one of those underwater civilizations achieved flight in 12,000 BCE.

Think about those repercussions.

Primitive man, "Hey look its a UFO."

Advance man from advance civilization, "Nope. That is just one of our flying machines."

edit on 8/9/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I was quite dismayed that I had to select "disagree" to every question that presupposed an extraterrestrial nature for these entities and their crafts.

This is not a survey to gauge opinion on alternate non-spacefaring/paranormal explanations for the phenomenon attributed to off-earth intelligent species.

That's fine if you wanted to address the phenomena is a narrow way. I merely said I was dismayed that I had to select "disagree" to a great number of the questions even though I believe 100% in the reality of the phenomena.

You may have overlooked my original reply to you on page 3 where I gave a little more reasoning for why I offered my disagreement:

I have a problem with the new survey. There was no option to affirm that these phenomena do in fact exist but are inter-dimensional craft/entities and not extraterrestrial. Reason being, I agree with the conclusions of Jacques Vallée Ph.D. and Dr. J. Allen Hynek that these craft appear to be inter-dimensional and not extraterrestrial.

I did take the survey though.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I would have included a section on Crop Circles. Perhaps in the next subject-related poll!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just curious, I did see that some members here see clearly a difference between inter-dimensional beings and extraterrestrial beings.
I see them as a terrestrial being both as extraterrestrial, because I see no difference in when they come here from out another dimension or from out our plane of existence so to say.
I even do not rule out the possible that very advanced beings coming from wherever have reached the technology which allow them to travel between all those dimensions/universes, so can someone explain to me what is wrong in that assumption?
edit on 9/8/11 by spacevisitor because: did some adding to make my point

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Just curious, I did see that some members clearly see a difference between inter-dimensional beings and extraterrestrial beings.
I see them as a terrestrial being both as extraterrestrial, so can someone explain to me what is wrong in that assumption?

Basically, it comes from the belief congruent with the latest theories in quantum physics and hyperspaces, that our universe is not just 4 dimensions but in fact 10 or 11. That our universe is but a small sub-set of a larger reality. That these creatures don't originate from a great distance away from Earth, but are very close and outside of our 4 dimensions yet can enter our perception and disappear from it at will.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Just curious, I did see that some members clearly see a difference between inter-dimensional beings and extraterrestrial beings.
I see them as a terrestrial being both as extraterrestrial, so can someone explain to me what is wrong in that assumption?

I think interdimensional would imply that we would never be able to view them astronomically, and essentially anything that was not originated from Earth itself, would be considered extraterrestrial.

Slight difference in perception, but both essentially extraterrestrial, with the exception that the former is without a place in our Universe.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Basically, it comes from the belief congruent with the latest theories in quantum physics and hyperspaces, that our universe is not just 4 dimensions but in fact 10 or 11. That our universe is but a small sub-set of a larger reality. That these creatures don't originate from a great distance away from Earth, but are very close and outside of our 4 dimensions yet can enter our perception and disappear from it at will.

I will agree to your definition, except that it's unknown the origination any supposed intelligent life that may or may not visit Earth inter-dimensionally. I would have to assume, given such advanced technology as to invade and recede in and out of our dimension, that space travel itself would not be a difficult thing, if indeed space is even a limiting factor outside of our own dimension.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

This is not a survey to gauge opinion on alternate explanations for the phenomenon attributed to off-earth intelligent species.

So then you have evidence that disproves that these beings/craft are indeed not "non-spacefaring/paranormal"?

Not to undermine your intent but your coment seems a bit defensive... perhaps i am wrong, but unless you can provide evidence to support the certainty portrayed by the available responces in your survey, then i think that all perspectives should at the very least be given equal concideration.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Now, if I was interested in a false flag event involving ufo's,et's,rogue comets or anything else from the sky, this survey would be an invaluable tool for my planning.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Do you have verifiable information regarding this. This is the first time I've heard that theory regarding Roswell. However you have assured me that this is quite true so please if you have back up for this or can suggest reading for me. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Taking a poll like this from a conspiracy site is hardly indicative of the population as a whole. And this goes without saying, it is going to be titled towards the least likely and the absurd. Unless the thread titles alone in the alien/ufo section are misleading, i'm, going to go out on a limb and say this poll is useless and will only serve to prop up the legions of ignorant folks who don't bother to understand basic science, logic, reason and common sense think they are the "norm". Thus, those "open minds" emboldened by this poll will see to it that the forum is inundated with a fresh wave of emboldened ignorance that will further suppress the positive forward motion of the subject as a whole.....

Side note, a poll like this I think can shed some light on how the internet has not really made people any smarter.....lol.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I was a bit confused by the Phoenix lights question !
iirc wasn't there two separate events....The first was a set of lights giving the impression of a large triangular craft travelling across the country, FOLLOWED by a trail of lights, that I believe have been shown to be flares.

So although I put I believed the Phoenix lights "maybe extraterrestrial" I was referring to the first event.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join