It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Survey: UFOs and Extraterrestrials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This already starts off incorrectly. The creator of the survey assumes that these things are extraterrestrial in nature. There are so many other explanations that are much more viable.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It would have been appropriate to allow the ticking of more than one box in the final question pertaining to elements within UFOlogy that are doing it harm. It is often a combination of many things. Choosing just one gives an inaccurate picture of such issues.

IRM

I had to go with Charlatans, because that is by far imho the most damaging aspect.

Although I agree with you whole-heatedly IRM, it is in a general sense a combination of many of the factors listed in that section.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
This already starts off incorrectly. The creator of the survey assumes that these things are extraterrestrial in nature. There are so many other explanations that are much more viable.

I'm with you, again, I'm not sure what the purpose of this survey is; Why do we need confirmation on people's beliefs in regards to UNIDENTIFIED flying objects?

I know that such information would be valuable in selecting the right (or more "relevant") advertisements for the maximum hit potential, thus creating revenue.
edit on 9-8-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

link   
Yay cool poll, I think the last question should be check all that apply though.

link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

That's odd.

The survey appeared really well balanced and gave room for people to say it was ET or Military Tech, or Hoax even.

I thought it was pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

What about those of us who think the creatures are real but they're extradimensional or something besides extraterrestrials? You've worded the poll in such a way that makes us answer they're extraterrestrials or they don't exist.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My favorite survey!

I can't wait to see the answers to this one

I came to ATS because of the U/A forum!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Yes IRM,I agree. I also tried to select more than one element within UFOlogy doing it harm. Some seem to be in collusion at times.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I can not complete the survey because there is no neutral options for the sightings, i can only choose:

Extraterrestrial Maybe Extraterrestrial Hoax Maybe Terrestrial Definitely Terrestrial

But no neutral or other options.

Sorry

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Does no one else find this survey suspicious?

No?

Don't ask questions; just answer them, ATS is your friend, right?

Why does it ask your opinion on only 2 UFO cases at 2 American airports? What about the Japan sightings?

Xiaoshan Airport? meh.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

You do know It's not mandatory to complete the survey, right?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
OK, I took the survey.

I'm not afraid to say I believe in ET and of their possibly visiting the Earth but I'm also convinced that about 90% or more UFO sightings are either explainable Natural phenomenons or Military projects. Having said that, I too would have liked to have seen more options. I'm also open minded to the possibility that some of the sightings could be time travelers or interdimensional beings.

Would have been nice if we had those two options to choose from as well...

edit on 9-8-2011 by SLAYER69 because: LOL so much for spell check. Note to self need more coffee

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

You do know It's not mandatory to complete the survey, right?

Oh sorry!!!!! My mistake, I'll withold my opinion in that case.....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Oh sorry!!!!! My mistake, I'll withold my opinion in that case.....

Well, no one said that. Stop over reacting.

I'm just saying, you're giving the impression you find it to be suspicious but It's not like you're being forced to complete it or anything. If you don't like it, or agree with it, why not just skip it?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I took the survey, but found it lacking in one major way. I do believe there is other life out there. What it is, I don't know. How many different life forms are there in the universe? I don't know. Do I think they are currently visiting Earth? NOPE.

I don't see any reason that any other life forms would have the capabilties to travel any further into space than we do. Further, if they did, I don't see them doing fly-bys nightly for 50 years without at least swinging through a Taco Bell or something.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Awesome, a UFOs and ET survey. Taking it now.

Thanks for the diversity. Keep it up.

Maybe make one in the future asking various sub-topic type questions like
1) Do you think Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti exist?
2) Do you think any left over dinosaurs exist such as Loch Ness, Champ, or Mokele Mbembe?
3) Do you think Atlantis or Mu or other ancient advanced civs existed?
4) Do you think there is any strange events in the Bermuda Triangle?
5) Do you think ghosts exist? Or Have you experienced a Ghost?

Just some very basic questions that would be really interesting to see a type of cross section of general belief about. Anything like that would be really interesting imho.

I totally and completely support these ideas for polls. I think that all of these polls are a great snapshot of the opinions and beliefs held by the members of the ATS community. I say - keep 'em coming.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I'm just saying, you're giving the impression you find it to be suspicious but It's not like you're being forced to complete it or anything.

I never insisted that i was being forced. I'm not over-reacting, I'm just asking questions that have gone unanswered in previous surveys.

If you don't like it, or agree with it, why not just skip it?

I will, but i will also share my opinion; as people seem think the survey is doing them some kind of favour, and are more than willing to thank the OP, without knowing how the data will be used.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Excellent idea Skeptic Overlord , this is just what we need right now to take our minds off the doom and gloom of the failing economy.

edit on 9-8-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

The EXTRATERRESTRIAL issue IS, First Of All, an ECONOMIC ISSUE.

Take our mind IN the Extraterrestrial Issue sooner or later will Change definitively our Economy.
IN BETTER!

S&F, Skeptic Overlord

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
has anyone proved that there is any extraterrestrial intelligence TO BE disclosed?

That depends on who/what you believe. An interesting question is - what would you take as proof. Even an intelligently controlled vehicle isn't provably extraterrestrial. If ETs are around this neck of the woods then they aren't out in the open so if there is undisclosed info being kept under wraps your proof may be a long way off.

I'd like to see some convincing evidence of terrestrial intelligence.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
OK, I took the survey.

I'm not afraid to say I believe in ET and of their possibly [PROBABLY edit.] visiting the Earth but I'm also convinced that about 90% or more UFO sightings are either explainable Natural phenomenons or Military projects. Having said that, I too would have liked to have seen more options. I'm also open minded to the possibility that some of the sightings could be time travelers or Interdenominational beings.

Would have been nice if we had those two options to choose from as well...

You're singing from the same hymn sheet as me, SLAYER. I'd go as far as probably [see edit] and also agree there could be other explanations for the visitors that ought to have been in the survey.

P.S. Probably but, alas, none of Isaac's proof - yet. I'd love to be the one to nail that....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join