It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops do NOT Protect Our Freedom and We Should Stop Thanking Them for Doing So

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I thought long and hard about this and how to form an appropriate response to this thread. Time and time again i thought back through histories lessons learned reguarding civilizations with no army's, weak army's, qnd strong army's. It seems that the people that had no Orginized protection were killed off or put in slavery by a stronger civilization time and time again. This is something mankind as a collective must fix but i fear it is born into us. Now one might say i would never kill another human being, and thats your choice.

Here is what i know. We soldiers here at ground level dont decide what countries to invade. We the soldiers here at ground level dont work in the pentagon and are not privy to the factors that would bring about invasions. Nope! All that belongs to generals and congressmen. Not the privates, seargents, captains, or chiefs. So with that being said, stop with the soldiers are terrible crap. Because here at our level we do endure harsh environmts TOGETHER. We get shot at TOGETHER. We eat the most tastless food TOGTHER. And when we lose a battle buddy or wingman we cry TOGETHER. When we deploy we miss our families TOGETHER.

I am proud to be part of the team. No we dont make the decisions, and we dont always agree with the missions, but i tell you what, it will be a cold frosty f&cking day in hell before i let any of my battle buddies down, or not be there to do my piece of the pie!

In closing if you really want to change this get into office, become a decision maker and think about the troops who will be held accountable for your decisions by the people for the people. Until then shut your face! And hope the soldiers are ready to fight, and willing to take that fight to whom ever want to threatin our country. Thats right threatin our country our people our freedoms. Because the bad guys are there and they would love to put a rocket through your front doors.

I stand shoulder to shoulder with my brothers and sisters. I used to say i domthis for you ungratefull f&ckers. Now i dont. I do this for the ones who support us and their loved ones. Also for my battles that had the courage to say " I WILL " and thats all that matters to me. I will protect yours like i protect mines.

Fly to glory!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm still on page 2 of the thread, but want to get a thought in while it's still young.

What I'm seeing so far is a bunch of whiny-assed crybaby weakling wussies. Who the hell told you that soldiers fight for your "freedom"? They lied, and you bought the lie. Again.

Soldiers fight to preserve your country, plain and simple. What you do with that country is entirely up to you. If you want "freedom", grab it your damn selves - don't count on a soldier to hold your hand and lead you to it. That's not their job.

They've already given you a nation. You want 'em to do it ALL now? Must be nice not to have to do anything for your selves.

If you ain't got the testicular fortitude to grab your own freedom, don't point at a soldier and whine and cry and wring your hands that he didn't do it all for you just because YOU are too weak.

Look in a Goddamn mirror. Grow the hell up, we ain't your daddy.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The OP is right, how do these troops protect our freedom? Is it by expanding the American empire? Some people in this country still think its 1944 and we are fighting WW2 again.

link   
reply to post by semperkill

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Because it's the public who controls forign policy and use of our armed troops....

link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Originally posted by User8911If everyone in the world would finally see how conflicts are manipulated, they wouldn't join any armies.

If it's a guaranteed paycheck, and work cannot be found in civilian society they would probably join and kill on command so that they could eat and provide for theirs regardless of the morality of it.

They may continue to lie to themselves about what they are doing, like telling themselves that they are protecting the nation, it's 'freedoms' and those of it's peoples though.

No, they don't lie to themselves, you self-important moron. They trust that YOU, being the U.S. American public, will guide their actions and deployments. Rest god damn assured that no man or woman on the lines in Afghanistan or Iraq thinks they are fighting "for your freedom." They are fighting on your behalf, because if they didn't, you would be drafted to do so. They would love nothing more than for the limp-wristed, slack-jawed masses to get off their fat asses and actually take action with regards to the government and its abuse of our military men and women.

Then again, by your idiotic standards we should all just quit or not have joined in the first place. I'm sure the United States of America would last a long time without a military force. Are children these days all THIS f-ing stupid?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Wow amazing how my posts keep getting deleted or removed, Freedom of speech must be duct taped on ATS or the high and mighty people are depressed and feel like making people have a bad day! Whatever!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

I 100% agree with you. I think it is necessary that a distinction be made in this thread because it is skewing the debate by the together.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto

Originally posted by User8911If everyone in the world would finally see how conflicts are manipulated, they wouldn't join any armies.

If it's a guaranteed paycheck, and work cannot be found in civilian society they would probably join and kill on command so that they could eat and provide for theirs regardless of the morality of it.

They may continue to lie to themselves about what they are doing, like telling themselves that they are protecting the nation, it's 'freedoms' and those of it's peoples though.

No, they don't lie to themselves, you self-important moron. They trust that YOU, being the U.S. American public, will guide their actions and deployments. Rest god damn assured that no man or woman on the lines in Afghanistan or Iraq thinks they are fighting "for your freedom." They are fighting on your behalf, because if they didn't, you would be drafted to do so. They would love nothing more than for the limp-wristed, slack-jawed masses to get off their fat asses and actually take action with regards to the government and its abuse of our military men and women.

Then again, by your idiotic standards we should all just quit or not have joined in the first place. I'm sure the United States of America would last a long time without a military force. Are children these days all THIS f-ing stupid?

they're fighting on the rich banker's behalves...period.....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm
[mor

Like I said you know nothing about what we do and where we are. You also complain alot. What are you doing to effect chang?. What have you done to improve this world ? What have you done to make this country strong.
besides whining on ATS about how messed up things are. Get off the couch and do something. Or are you like most military government haters posting here doing nothing living under this terrible tyranny and not doing a thing but complaining. My friend you are the reason why this country is going to crap. You sit on the sidelines and complain.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Your new position

It is not "entirely" dependent on a constant state of war.

How can you say your not wrong when you did an absolute 180?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrivaled1

Originally posted by patternfinder

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by bekod

Well the problem is that we've tried this before and it didn't have good results. We left the Nazi's alone and didn't interfere and we eventually had to fight them anyways at a far greater cost than if we had intervened earlier. Same thing with Vietnam. The french could have knocked the VC back had we supplied them with more aid as they were asking for but we decided it wasn't any of our business so left them out there then went in later anyways.

Sometimes trying to prevent a problem is easier than trying to cure it later.

you need desperately to listen to this man....you got your facts a bit skewed....so does alot of people because they don't know about this......

This is the real reason why we went to war in ww1 and ww2

edit on 9-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou for posting that video, i have only just heard 5 mins of it so far but WOW!!!!!

I wonder what other wars these bloody demons have orchestrated! Disgusting to say the least!

I had no idea the zionists have been playing america for so long!

You just gave me a big piece of a puzzle i have been looking for for a while. Thanks again

You're welcome....just wait till you hear the whole thing, it'll all make sense then....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911They are fighting on your behalf, because if they didn't...

Please stop.

I would not invade soverign nations and murder their people. DO NOT do this on MY behalf.

Now go @#$ yourself. kthx.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by wcitizen

My husband served 22 yrs as a military police narcotics/explosives dog handler in the US ARmy. He retired last April.

I, of course, disagree with you. I thank him everyday for his selfless service.

For our family, it was join the military or be a drain on society and draw welfare because there are no jobs in our little appalachian hometown. He did it to earn his money.

You are entitled to your opinion, because the blood of many soldiers gave you that right.

You know, my initial response to this thread was going to be, that I was seriously disappointed that we didn't get a single enraged, brainwashed, fascist grunt here telling everyone how wrong they are; but fortunately, this particular post allowed me to avoid that.

A couple of bullet points in answer to this post.

a] No, sorry. Contrary to what successive governments would like you to believe, the blood of soldiers doesn't preserve the rights of anyone to do anything; and if you actually had your eyes open, the current rapidly disintegrating state of your country, (as I'm going to go out on a limb here, and assume you're an American) would prove that to you.

If the sacrifice of any soldier who had ever died, had really served to preserve anyone's rights, laws like the Patriot Act wouldn't have made it on the books. Your government also wouldn't be free to treat your Constitution like toilet paper, as it currently does.

b] Everyone who died in Afghanistan or Iraq died in vain, for nothing, (other than corporate profit) in an utterly pointless conflict. I'm sorry to have to inform you of this, but it's the simple truth. Iraq was fought for the country's oil, and for corporate redevelopment contracts. Afghanistan was fought for a gas pipeline into the Caspian Sea, and the opium fields there.

You *might* be able to make a *marginally* convincing case that WW2 was justifiable, but even then, not really. People on Wall Street in the 30s wanted Smedley Butler to lead a fascist coup against the then-current American government, because they thought Hitler was such an awesome guy that they wanted the scenario in America to be just like his. If you don't believe me, go and look it up; it's all a matter of historical record.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by cavscout11cav

We aren't talking about voting in/out select people when the time comes. The problems are not only systemic but part of an agenda. The people who really make the decisions aren't elected. The CIA is behind most of this. None of them are elected. You believe the president knows everything the CIA is up to at any given moment?

The CIA is in the business of orchestrating uprisings. Our military men and women are then put in harms way to clean up the mess. They are tools. Ignorant tools. I honestly don't mean that with disrespect. I hope you believe that.

No offense taken, but so its the agenda that is being fought, but the leaders of the CIA are put in place by who? Oh the people that are voted for.

But right now you are supporting the agenda as well, so therefore are a tool as well. You are using power, which is probably supplied by GE machinary or various other corps that support the military industrial complex which funds those evil acts the CIA does. Have you driven a car, or flown on a plane? Oh yeah, those highways that were started to allow the military to move freely across the country if needed. Everything you do is supporting that agenda you speak of.

Edit not sure how I quoted myself but it did
edit on 9-8-2011 by cavscout11cav because: Tried to fix a quoting myself

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The mere fact that you are able to come on a message board as ATS and express your opinion is enough for you to say thank you to someone in the military. You may find it surprising that most do not agree with the current wars we have found ourselves in but do follow the orders supplied and like it or not the people we are fighting, while created years ago by our own government years ago are pieces of crap, cowards and would kill you if given the opportunity.

Some idiot posted that "millions have been killed" WHERE ???? Not in Afghanistan and not in Iraq, not by our hands anyway. Grow up and when you finally graduate from Mom's basement to a shared aprtment with you loser friends and are faced with paying bills of your own maybe you will understand these guys are raising families the best way they can. if you are gonna post crap, then give a source for it. The taliban attacks schools, hospitals and kills most of the civilians accounted for, roadside bombs they place to intimidate the locals as much for our guys kill many just going to work each day. They live in a barbaric place and i am glad at least someone is attempting to help, have seen many good things and yes lost of bad, its war and its ugly.

Do you think if we came home today the killing would end? Please these people kill little girls because they want to go to school, rape women because they don't have their faces covered, and very well known to rape young boys for pleasure. thats one thing the Taliban will kill you for but there are so many other fighters from chechen and all over that nobody even knows who is who anyway except by who they kill.

If you want it all to change then get out there and vote for change and make it happen. Don't be afraid of the mil;itary as I promise most if not all would not take up arms against you unless you were killing the very people they love and that is Americans. The politicians do not have the guts to use the military and this is why they established privat militia long ago, pay somebody enough and they will do anything....even you I am sure.

link   

Originally posted by patternfinder

they're fighting on the rich banker's behalves...period.....

If they are, that's on you, baby! Why did you as a citizen give those rich bankers control of your affairs to begin with?

Don't piss and moan about it now... people like you set it up to begin with!

link   

Originally posted by User8911They are fighting on your behalf, because if they didn't...

Please stop.

I would not invade soverign nations and murder their people. DO NOT do this on MY behalf.

You have the intelligence and maturity of a 7 year old child. You should be ashamed. I have a feeling you are not and you probably even think you are a "cut above" the average individual. People with your disposition make me sick to my f*cking stomach.

link   
I have been a long time lurker on this board but I made a login specifically to reply to this thread. It disgusts me to watch some of the comments in this thread. If we did not have a modern military force, we would be speaking german, russian or chinese instead of English. The cyber attacks China has been launching on our infrastructure would be replaced with a ground invasion that we as civilians would have little chance in repelling.

Let me ask you this.... two scenarios for you:

1) The government asks the military forces to enforce an illegal war or military action within the boarders of the USA against legal protestors within the US. Not rioters, looters or vandals.... legitimate peaceful protestors.. do you think they would attack and kill them or would they refuse the illegal orders and turn on their superiors?

I for one am confident they would not follow these illegal orders.

2) A foreign army invades the sovereign territory of the USA. The Mexican army invades from the south. Who will protect you from this invasion? The San Diego police department? You had better perfect your spanish, quickly.

I simply cannot agree with any portion of your statement. If you have a beef with the wars or what is happening by our military overseas, take you anger out at the voting booth when you re-elect the same corrupt politicians to fleece the american coffers and corrupt the very essence of what we as a military force, fight and die for on a daily basis.

Suck and fail... miserably.

link   

Please stop.

pleeeeeeeeeease listen to the video that's a few posts up......I'm begging you all to listen to it.....even if you do it for sh**s and giggles, please listen to it.....then you'll understand where I'm coming from and you won't be so mad at me...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

At least I'm not murdering peope, on the command of my corrupt 'out-of-touch' politicians.

Murder is Murder. You will burn in hell, be prepared.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join