It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops do NOT Protect Our Freedom and We Should Stop Thanking Them for Doing So

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

It's more like thanking them for fighting for a cause and risking their lives to do so..even if the cause doesn't protect our freedom!

It's always young guys they recruit because they're easily persuaded and easy to brain wash!

You see the commercials of kids trying to "Be all you can be" and they show guys training, and holding their guns smiling,guys running with flags and saluting,shows tanks and helicopters(sounds cool huh?).It even shows a guy when he's older fishing with his son as if to say you'll be able to retire and enjoy the rest of your life with your family..

But they do leave out a little don't they?..just a little.

Like the fact the army takes you away from your family.And you might not ever see them again.OR if your captured you could be tortured.Or what about the cause?You won't even know why you're shooting people.What did those people do to you?With bullets whizzing by your head.Killing guys you were only a moment ago were having a nice conversation with.Maybe friends you have come to know during your training.Wiped out in an instant.

Here's how it really is.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

havent read all the pages of the thread have we?

i see alot of ignorance in this thread blaming the military when they dont make policy

the potus and congress does.

do i need to link all my comments thus far?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Finally someone has the balls to say what everyone SHOULD be thinking.. We are absolutely not defending anyones freedom in the wars we are fighting right now.. if we gave a crap about freedom, we would be in Somalia right now saving those people. We attack and kill millions and call it protecting freedom.. guess what, i dont feel FREE here in the USA.. I feel like the money and the power has shifted to the hands of a few and those few are taking advantage of everyone else.. Our founding fathers are rolling in their graves.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
OP,

I'm a soldier and I can tell you this with a 100% certainty;

The moment my fellow soldiers put their weapons at the US population, I will turn my weapon on them.

waco texas anyone, delta operators straffing in miltary choppers and from military tanks, i call fail

watch the video "waco- the rules of engagement" and tell me that's not military power againt civilians
edit on 9-8-2011 by minesweeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

But the US government is the sole reason Saddam rose to power. Al Queda is in existence because of the US government. Guns and weapons give homicidal rebels leverage in Africa. You guys are fighting the very enemies our own government created.

edit on 9-8-2011 by nunya13 because: change context

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by semperkill

So are you saying we have good reason to overthrow the government?

What he is saying is that no one has guts.

Even if they did end up overthrowing the government, the people complaining would be just as lost.

Finally, the constitution does give you a right to revolt, so you can replace the government with individuals who protect your rights.

Do you know what happens after a revolt? Death.

edit on 8/9/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Ummm....Boeing makes aircraft and a lot of other stuff for the military. They supply the military with equipment. Their entire business model depends on a constant state of war.

Totally inaccurate. First off they are primarily a civil aircraft manufacturer and have acquired defense related companies over the years. Defense unit is primarily missiles and satellites and communication networks.

YOU are wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alpinestar

Like i said flex your freedom of speech .....I have the same right to do so....and you wanna know something...I can definatly say I know its value more than you do. I love this country and I love you I will lay my life down for you in a heartbeat No questions qualms regrets or anything. I will do this blindly without thought to the family that i would have left behind. Can you do the same. Would you give YOUR life for my feedoms. Because I would die die just so you have the right to talk junk about me. That is the difference between you and me.
edit on 9-8-2011 by semperkill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

What i am saying is that it is YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO DO SO. I say if your not happy go for it. If you dont have the balls to do it then what can i tell you. You can find reason to do anything. It is your right.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
reply to post by Section31

What i am saying is that it is YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO DO SO. I say if your not happy go for it. If you dont have the balls to do it then what can i tell you. You can find reason to do anything. It is your right.

How is that different from what I said?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I think I might know you.
2ndMLG
2ndSuppBn

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

You want to lay your life on the line for our freedoms? Stop talking, and go arrest or shoot pretty much everyone in Congress.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I would personally never join the military, but you have to have some compassion for those that serve. Perhaps they aren't defending our freedom, but many simply don't know better. There is a puppet controlling these guys, giving them a different story of what is really happening. I respect them as people - just wish they could see through the lies that the government tells them, but I can imagine that is hard to do once you are in because of the process.

link   

Originally posted by semperkill
reply to post by alpinestar

Like i said flex your freedom of speech .....I have the same right to do so....and you wanna know something...I can definatly say I know its value more than you do. I love this country and I love I will lay my life down for you in a heartbeat No questions qualms regrets or anything. I will do this blindly without thought to the family that i would have left behind. Can you do the same. Would you give YOUR life for my feedoms. Because I would die die just so you have the right to talk junk about me. That is the difference between you and me.

this is a crack up, your still not getting it. your not fighting for my freedom (that i was born with by the way) your fighting for oil lands, positions held onthe planet (i.e. bases and infostructure) and monitary gain for corporations. stop with the holier than thou outlook. and to answer your question, no were not oraginized or willing in mass to do anyting about our overloards, that's why i belive this country is doomed for failure. sad but true, no harm meant just stating the way is see it.
edit on 9-8-2011 by minesweeper because: (no reason given)

link   
This thread is our country at its finest. I mean that I am proud to be in a country that EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE can make the case for their opinon. Forgive me for my overbearance and rudeness but i am passionate about this and JUST LIKE YOU I have freedom of speech. Truth is I DONT CARE IF YOU THANK ME. I do it for the money.........

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No, all your comments are right here

None of them say anything about why the premise of the OP is wrong. As I said, just a lot of rhetorical statements.

Saying we should take it up with congress is not an argument. It is a distraction. It does not address the argument some of us are making that the military is not fighting to protect our freedom.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

So we are fixing the errors of earlier generations. You can't hold todays Soldiers in contempt due to earlier mistakes of Presidents, and Congress. I know that the current and past Presidents, Congress, and Corperations are corrupt and self serving. Im not under some "hope" or "change" delusion. I would just point out that the people who vote for these idiots are to blame, not the soldiers. Instead, of blaming soldiers, get out there and spread the truth about them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I agree with the OP,reading several responces I can see how things drifted off from the topic,It states our troops don't protect our freedom and why thank them for doing it,I see how the truth irritates some ,but what have these countrys done to us?,think about it,if another country came to the US and started telling you how you will rule you too would be pissed off,so in essence by thanking this process isn't it like supporting organized crimes? as Einstein once said killing using war as an excuse is still murder,so how can I condone such action,my father fought in WW2 was well decorated when I had a low draft number in 1971 I had a student deferment,a Vietnamese never did anything to me,why would I want to kill them?,and you wonder how racism starts,every redneck or GI Joe I ever seem to come in contact with all I hear is derogitory remarks about Muslims I happen to know several Muslim's this BS the military started about 100 virgins and such are a ploy ,not unlike 9/11 ,I'm afraid the only attacks within the US have been made by Americans,another excuse to push martial law,this is why I have little to no faith of current issues to change,most Americans are gullible,I just feel sad for my kids,we are doomed and BTW as post said I don't hate soldiers I just don't support what they are doing

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

That is idiotic.
1. I work for the goverment so if there is a "side" i have already chosen
2. You can do and go wherever you want whenever you want.
3. Go to a thrid world country or any other country . Become a citizen and practice your "FREEDOMS" there.
4. Thank you for supporting the troops by USING your freedoms.
5. Go and enjoy this great country!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpinestar
Soldiers are the brainwashed nuts and bolts of a huge killing machine being driven by old rich white guys.

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...you can say the same of people who work for monsanto, boeing, ford, pharmacuetical companies, the sugar cartels, haliburton, the fast food industry - its a REALLY BIG list...

Originally posted by minesweeper
i can see what you mean about pharma and haliburton, but since when is ford, fast food and boeing a killing machine. or are you comparing car accident and heart attacks to war crimes, there apples and oranges.

...no apples - no oranges - no fruit at all...

...fast food chains are largely who feed our soldiers on bases in afghanistan and iraq... however, if you want to pick and choose whose deaths are more important, then, of course, ignore the millions of people who are being poisoned daily by fast food chains...

...boeing is a major-arms industry... did you think they just built commerical airliners?...

...and ford?... seriously?... well, gosh, thats a good place for you to start researching who is part of the "huge killing machine"... heres a tidbit to get you started...

en.wikipedia.org...

President Franklin Roosevelt referred to Detroit as the "Arsenal of Democracy."[21][22] The Ford Motor Company played a pivotal role in the allied victory during World War I and World War II. As a pacifist, Henry Ford had said war was a waste of time, and did not want to profit from it.[12][23] He was concerned the Nazis during the 1930s might nationalize Ford factories in Germany. Those were tense times for American companies doing business in Europe. Ford established a close collaboration with Germany's Nazi government before the war—so close, in fact, that Henry Ford received, in July 1938, the Grand Cross of the German Eagle medal from the Nazi government. In the spring of 1939, the Nazi government assumed day to day control of Ford factories in Germany. However, Ford's Dearborn headquarters continued to maintain 52% ownership over the factories, since Germany did not seize ownership through nationalization. Ford factories contributed significantly to the buildup of Germany's armed forces. Ford negotiated a resource-sharing agreement that allowed the German military to access scarce supplies, particularly rubber. During this same period, Ford was hesitant to participate in the Allied military effort. In June 1940, after France had fallen to the Wehrmacht, Henry Ford personally vetoed a plan to build airplane engines for the Allies.[24]

The situation changed after Pearl Harbor. With Europe under siege, Henry Ford's genius would be turned to mass production for the war effort. These efforts benefited the Allies as well as the Axis.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join