It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Troops do NOT Protect Our Freedom and We Should Stop Thanking Them for Doing So

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This article is written by an American about US troops.but Imo it applies to troops in pretty much all Western countries at the very least.

Like the author, I'm sure I will be flamed for posting this, but I feel I have to.

tvnewslies.org... for-doing-so.html

Let's make one thing crystal clear, no member of the US military contributes in any way whatsoever to protecting the freedoms of the American people. As a matter of fact, they are more likely to turn their weapons on you than they are to defend your Constitutional rights.

The only people on this planet Earth who can affect your freedom are members of Congress, local legislators and the members of enforcement institutions who will blindly follow the rulers who sign their paychecks. And, while your beloved troops are murdering people around the globe, yes, I said murdering, your Congress and local legislators are eliminating your freedoms, en masse, without any intervention by our so-called protectors in the armed forces.

There is no honor in volunteering to go anywhere in the world and kill anybody you are told to, without question, without historical background and without verifying the stated reasons for doing so. In this modern age of information we now know that time and time again our military have been deployed into battle, to kill and be killed, for reasons that in no way shape or form resemble the reasons for which they, or we were told at the time. This is no secret, although many Americans refuse to take off the flag that is wrapped around their eyes and see American history as it really happened. They blindly believe what was told to them by the people who have a vested interest in maintaining myths and misconceptions.

The US military, not once but twice, committed the single largest mass murders in history by dropping nuclear weapons on civilian populations, including of course, on women and children. Say what you want about how it helped end the war....the bottom line is the US could have exploded these devices over uninhabited territory with the same effect of scaring the heck out of the Japanese. But they followed orders that were lies and murdered almost 300,000 people, without question. As a human being I find it hard to honor such “patriotism.”

I realise this will upset many, but if we are to have any chance of being successful in overcoming the criminals in charge and their criminal systems, there are some paradigmatic shifts which must take place .... even if that involves the debunking of a sacred cow.

It's my impression that In the US the military tends to be revered more so than in Europe. I believe this has been encouraged and inculcated by the MSM, politicians and Hollywood, and is all part of the sham they have presented to the public as real.

My intent in posting this is not to offend, but to defend what is true.

edit on 9-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Good point.

If they really wanted to protect my Freedom they would stop the governments, corporations, and other organizations from usurping all of them carte blanche.

So, when are they going to defend me and my fellow countrymen?

Soon, I hope.

No Coups though please. Unless you can have new fresh elections within 1 week without imposing martial law. Than I may consider supporting the Coup, under that stringent condition.

Also, the spy agencies need to dig up everything on all of the globalist tycoons pulling the strings and bring formal charges against them, have them all arrested, and then we can begin their due process to a fair trial.

That is what I call "protecting my freedom".

So where is it???

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

"Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy." -Henry Kissinger

Never gets old. Even when the horse's mouth admits what they're doing, people still go along with the charade.

Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as "internationalists" and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it. -David Rockefeller

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
you are correct

troops are nothing more then pawns on the war board

they are disposible human shields

By invading other countries they put us in more risk of atttacks

by helping to steal other peoples resources in the name of democracy is no friend to our liberties

by mass murdering innocent people with the latest weapons shows they are not defending us but putting us in harms way by pissing off the rest of the world....

anyone who says differnt needs a reality check .

The troops are nothing more then human meat shields ...

How can we have civilized warfare? we can't...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Please US Military wise up and turn on your masters.
(And to return to your true masters, the US Citizens)

They are not legitimate and are seeking to undermine us all.

They are impostors and essentially members of a hidden mafia whom they pledge their allegiance.

With your advanced equipment you can spy on them and learn the truth. Please take action. You will find the facts match up with the accusations against them. And possibly far more than we even know about.

You have the power to put an end to this madness.

We the people of the USA are counting on the military to do the right thing, and have these criminals arrested and to expose their crimes.
edit on 9-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Love it people saying the truth

link   
I see your point.

However, I believe you have to distinguish to man from his government.

These very brave men do what they are told.

This is an extremely slippery slope.
edit on 9-8-2011 by whyamIhere because: spelling

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I can only say I believe they are doing what they feel they have to initially. The men and women of our armed services are human beings and are lied to like the American public and more. Like so much other media black outs, I am sure there are loads of info regarding thier feelings and God only knows what else but we never hear about it. Time will reveal the truth and until then, remember they are easilly victimized as we are at times and are human beings..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
How can anyone in their right minds disagree with your thoughts op, this country has turned from a country that set examples to the rest of the world-our Constitution, to going to a rome and Impirical type of society-in which we install and take-out dictators, throughout the world.

And YES, when Henry Kissinger told America that its troops where just "Dumb Animals", i took note, anyone else

edit on 9-8-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I see your point.

So they are told to commit evil and they do it without question?

NO excuses. Nuremberg Trials. wiki

That is cowardice plain and simple.

Brave men would stand up and say no.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Agreed. Ultra nationalistic, warrior worship is the stuff of fascists. Good thread!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

So you would condem the soldier's for their ignorance even though they are trying to do a noble action of fighting for their country?

cj6

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Couldnt have said it better myself

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
No offense taken here. But then again, I don't have anyone that close to me in the military. And thank God for that, because I have been saying for years that I am starting to hold the troops themselves responsible for continuing to allow this absurdity of a government to send them to their own deaths over nothing but money. Freedom is indeed free- it is governments that take it from you, and use your own death in the process.

So yeah, I see where this author is coming from. And it is true, unfortunately. Troops were given the guns to protect against invasion- not to be wielded by the warmongers for political and monetary profit. Once enough troops (with guns) see this, then maybe there will be change. But it will take generations, imo. And that's good, because I am not crazy about giving up my life to fight a bloody revolution. I would though, if chances were favorable of seeing the corrupt elite hang.

What we need is population control, except in the reverse. Send them all to Mars. There's water there, isn't there?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I see your point.

So they are told to commit evil and they do it without question?

NO excuses. Nuremberg Trials. wiki

That is cowardice plain and simple.

Brave men would stand up and say no.

Wow......Playing the Nuremberg card this early in the day.

I concede some of the points made.

However, I can't call it "Cowardice Plain and Simple".

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well I will have to disagree with a couple of issues though perhaps not with your ideology. It is not possible to have an effective military who thinks for themselves or questions orders. Not saying they shouldn't but if you have people that will evaluate every decision than your basically at a dead end. Do you suggest that when the leaders ask for a military action that they let all the soldiers know the situation and take a vote to see if they should do it?

There are many times when soldiers are asked to do things that may seem unreasonable but is a step to a bigger goal. In ww1 soldiers were often told to charge trenches lined with machine guns knowing full well that they would die. However by doing this it may keep the enemy busy and open up a different spot to let an attack succeed. Now if you let them question the orders of course they wouldn't do it.

Also in regards to the Japan nukes I have to disagree that they could have been detonated somewhere else with no lives taken and had the same effect. The Japanese would have taken that as a sign that America did not have the willpower to drop them on people and they would have kept building up their defenses and would have called our bluff. And they would have been right if people who thought as you do were in charge at the time and we would have had to do a land invasion at the cost of far more of their civilians.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
And YES, when Henry Kissinger told America that its troops where just "Dumb Animals", i took note, anyone else

edit on 9-8-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

I hate Kissinger. I'd never heard the quote you mentioned, but his genius "useless eaters" comment is one I'll never forget.

The military recruiters will always prey on the poor who will see the military as a means of leaving their lowly existences. The recruiters know that these young men and women will buy their lies of getting to "see the world" and their chance for a "free education". It's the most well known and useful form of propaganda there is and the young need to stop allowing themselves to be sacrificed for a country that is owned by banksters and rich thieves.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

So you would condem the soldier's for their ignorance even though they are trying to do a noble action of fighting for their country?

noble would be defending your country against invaders ....

Whats noble in going to war on lies ? WMD's?

Whats noble about stealing resources from other countries?

Whats noble about invading countries and setting up bases to invade other countries?

Whats noble about sir yes sir regardless of the target?

Whats noble about torture the u.s regularly practices ?

Whats noble about sending tax dollars there to rebuild the country and have it stolen and everyone going i dunno what happen?

Whats noble about using the countrys own resources not to rebuild there country after the military destroyed it ?

What is noble about using the most high tech weapons and having 1 million plus causalties ? and calling them insurgents?

What is noble about chemical warfare on children ?

noble is standing up to corruption

noble is defending your country if people come here to invade...

noble is realizing the first casultiy in war is the truth .

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Well I will have to disagree with a couple of issues though perhaps not with your ideology. It is not possible to have an effective military who thinks for themselves or questions orders.

Effective at what? Killing?

The Nazis were incredibly effective at killing. And they didn't question orders either.

Thus, the problem.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by kro32
Well I will have to disagree with a couple of issues though perhaps not with your ideology. It is not possible to have an effective military who thinks for themselves or questions orders.

Effective at what? Killing?

The Nazis were incredibly effective at killing. And they didn't question orders either.

Thus, the problem.

Yes that is what I mean by effective. That is what war is about after all and you've kind of proved my point by referencing the Nazi's. You must follow orders to be effective and if you have people that are allowed to question orders and pick and choose what actions they want to take you will not have an army that is effective at killing.

This is what military's do and why they are created.

George Washington said it very well when his soldiers were deserting and the war looked like it would be lost. He said, "You can fight a war for independence but independence cannot win a war"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join