It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly mayor talks tough to black youth after flash mob attacks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by kro32

Image and perception is everything.

It is called impressions.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I just copied from the website which clearly states they were not written by him and I never did say he wrote them but it is a fact they were published under his name so make of that what you will. I am not claiming he even agrees with them but it surely is a sign that he is not that astute of a politician if he let's these kinds of things happen under his nose which could surely damage his image with voters.

It also goes to the point of his association with people that do think like this and thereby ties into the main point of this thread in regards to how people portray the black youth and if that picture is accurate or is based in racism.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
this is a created situation, and now we will need..- more enforcement. .this will be used to justify more control of the civilian population and their communications..it creates more division between races, ages, classes. and throw god in the mix as usual.
this has been brought to you by the new world order. gangsta rap for black , death metal for whites.
.pump the kids head with violent, aggressive imagery set to music, provide training simulators -x box- and after a couple years of grand theft auto your robotic terrorist is ready to hit the streets. microsoft and many major companies use prison labor... much of the militaries gear is assembled by prison labor..how clever..train the kid to
to go to prison to make the stimulators and simulators that are used against him..or to prepare him to be in the military.. cause thats about it as far as choices in the job market boys and girls.
wisconsins idea was to cut all city workers and replace them with convict labor ..
arizona is entirely private prisons. a real growth indusrty.
the usa leads the way in manufacturing - inmates.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I don't think it's fair to base the attitude of someone on how they are dressed or how they look. I've spent alot of time in college both as a student and as an employee and some of the most brilliant and articulate people look like somebody you wouldn't want near your house.

I agree that during the hiring process you should "clean up" but wearing your pants around your ankles and having gold teeth doesn't make you a thug.

Your PC is getting in the way of HEARING what I am saying.

#1. A human resource department has ONE function. That function is to toss out as many possible candidates as possible because they get flooded with resumes especially in todays market. They are a FILTER.

#2. The hiring manager is not your Mommy or your social worker or your teacher looking for the best in you. Again he is probably trying to weed out anyone who look like they could be "A MANAGEMENT HEADACHE" He considers you another round peg to fit into a round hole that is vacant that is all.

There is ONE slot and often a hundred or more candidates, the hiring manager is going to make the decision "Am I interested?" the moment you walk through his door. You are an absolute IDIOT not to do your best to beat out the other guy in the good impression department.

I have literally gone to a job interview site a couple of days before hand to see how they are dressed. Some companies are very formal others are very laid back. Dressing as someone who will "fit the corporate culture" is just plain good strategy.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

You may not be away but flash mobs are nothing new to this city and people are sick of it. Sometimes the attacks dont even make news headlines there was a college party that had 1000's of people it wasnt long before yet again they turned it into a reason to fight. I say we need to bring in some real punishments.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Not sure why your debating me on this issue as I already agreed with you. People do need to "clean up" and put their best foot forward when going for a job. I was referring to the general perception people have in normal life, not the workplace.

That is certainly different, you are correct.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I just copied from the website which clearly states they were not written by him and I never did say he wrote them but it is a fact they were published under his name so make of that what you will. I am not claiming he even agrees with them but it surely is a sign that he is not that astute of a politician if he let's these kinds of things happen under his nose which could surely damage his image with voters.

It also goes to the point of his association with people that do think like this and thereby ties into the main point of this thread in regards to how people portray the black youth and if that picture is accurate or is based in racism.

I guess I can understand your reasoning but you clearly put Ron Pauls name after the quoted text, as if to say he wrote them/said them. You never mentioned somebody else was responsible for it until you were called out on it by another member.

The point of this thread is A philly mayor and his response to problems with flash mobs. I guess we can agree to disagree. I don't want to de-rail this thread any further with my responses. I simply wanted to point out what you were doing and have.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Well don't worry I'm getting whacked by the mod stick as we speak so they apparantly agree with you

And I didn't put the name there the website did and I didn't want to modify what they were claiming.
edit on 9-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by crimvelvet

I don't think it's fair to base the attitude of someone on how they are dressed or how they look. I've spent alot of time in college both as a student and as an employee and some of the most brilliant and articulate people look like somebody you wouldn't want near your house.

What do you think interviews are about? Impressions! Go for a job dressed too casual or like a slob and you deserve to not be taken seriously. Fact is, if you show up for a interview under-dressed you are most likely trying to make some kind of personal point and that just proves you have an attitude. Wanna express yourself, thats fine, just do it on your own time and not an employers time.

I agree that during the hiring process you should "clean up" but wearing your pants around your ankles and having gold teeth doesn't make you a thug.
edit on 9-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

No, it makes you look like an idiot and most idiots are not far off from being thugs.
edit on 9-8-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

Yes I absolutely agree with you and I thought that's what I said. When I said "clean up" I didn't mean just taking a shower

You should look and act very professional.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Well there really is no excuse for any type of slander going out in things printed under your name and one or two could possibly be excused by there are many many very offensive things that makes it seem hard to believe he didn't know about it.

I only brought this up in this thread as I think it's relevant to this topic as it's a well outllined view of a current Presidential candidate and it is interesting to see what the trend is in politics in regards to the issue of black youths.

The controversial newsletters include rants against the Israeli lobby, gays, AIDS victims and Martin Luther King Jr. -- described as a "pro-Communist philanderer." One newsletter, from June 1992, right after the LA riots, says "order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks."

"These stories may be very old in Ron Paul's life, but they're very new to the American public and they deserve to be totally ventilated," said David Gergen, a CNN senior political analyst. "I must say I don't think there's an excuse in politics to have something go out under your name and say, 'Oh by the way, I didn't write that.'"

articles.cnn.com...
OLITICS

Your ranting about Ron Paul. That has nothing to do with this topic about the comments from a Mayor in Philadelphia. Your attempts to Troll are getting far too obvious.

Seriously..what does Ron Paul and this old story of the newsletter, which you are totally taking out of context, have to do with the comments from Philadelphia's Mayor about the Flash Mob violence the city has seen?

Answer: NOTHING. You are beyond off topic.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
reply to post by FortAnthem

You may not be away but flash mobs are nothing new to this city and people are sick of it. Sometimes the attacks dont even make news headlines there was a college party that had 1000's of people it wasnt long before yet again they turned it into a reason to fight. I say we need to bring in some real punishments.

The city has put up with this stuff for quite a while. They have admitted it was a problem but, haven't taken any real steps to fight it or speak out against it until now.

I think the fact that the flash mobs moved into the Center City historic district is what forced them to finally address this issue. Center city has all the high-end shopping and eating establishments as well as many historical sites (Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and Betsy Ross's house) so having violent flash mobs in the tourist trap and wealthy section of the city finally forced them into action.

They can put up with a lot of crap when its just your run of the mill middle class folk getting stomped on but, interfere with the rich and the tourists bringing money into the city and they leap into action.

Just goes to show where everyday folk like you and me fit into the grand scheme.

Notice the only place the cerfiew was imposed was in the center city district of the city. The mobs are still free to terrorise the rest of the city.

edit on 8/9/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Try reading my second paragraph

I think that should clear it up for you

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

.....much of the militaries gear is assembled by prison labor..how clever..train the kid to
to go to prison to make the stimulators and simulators that are used against him..or to prepare him to be in the military.. cause thats about it as far as choices in the job market boys and girls.
wisconsins idea was to cut all city workers and replace them with convict labor ..
arizona is entirely private prisons. a real growth indusrty.
the usa leads the way in manufacturing - inmates.

And the PC attitudes toward child rearing and schooling are straight out of the Elites propaganda machine, the MSM but they are to stupid to see it.

Take a look at Huffington Post.

AOL bought out the Huffington Post.

On the board of directors we have a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, a former Director of CIT Group Inc and a former partner at Plainfield Asset Management, who "manages investment capital for high net worth individuals based in the United States and abroad."

The chairman is also Chairmen of The Advertising Council Inc. who just won a $"2,049,078 federal contract from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency for ready campaign support services."

So we find connections to CFR, Bankers,"High net worth individuals" and Homeland Security. Such wonderful LIBERAL groups.

References:
corp.aol.com...
investing.businessweek.com...:US (used links to access more info)

JP Morgan: Our next big media player? (April 13, 2010) JP Morgan controls 54 U.S. daily newspapers,and owns 31 television stations. www.newsandtech.com...

Interlocking Directorates
Media corporations share members of the board of directors with a variety of other large corporations, including banks, investment companies, oil companies, health care and pharmaceutical companies and technology companies. This list shows board interlocks for the following major media interests:
www.fair.org...

So what has the "Liberal" transformation of the USA done for us since the late sixties and "equality" (aka equal slavery for all) became the goal???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c03212bb3959.png[/atsimg]
edit on 9-8-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

“If you walk into somebody’s office with your hair uncombed and a pick in the back, and your shoes untied, and your pants half down, tattoos up and down your arms and on your neck, and you wonder why somebody won’t hire you? They don’t hire you ‘cause you look like you’re crazy,” the mayor said. “You have damaged your own race.”

I've made a slight correction to a part of his speech here:

“If you walk into somebody’s office with your hair uncombed and a pick in the back, and your shoes untied, and your pants half down, tattoos up and down your arms and on your neck, and you wonder why somebody won’t hire you? It's because you don' t want to work. You know that you'll be taken care of by way of federal entitlements and welfare for the rest of your life so Live it up! There's no need to act responsible.”

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Um..........yeah it pretty much does!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I wonder if a group of white people attacked blacked people solely because they were black, if they would still refer to it as a "flash mob". Actually, I don't wonder. I know they would call it for what it is..."a hate crime".

That's exactly what this is and I hope those involve are caught and punished as such.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Another bump to the Philly mayor for speaking out about Mob incidents that may have not
got that recognition in the US.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
At least the mayor is standing up and saying the truth.

I don't care what race you are, people need to be dressing and acting as though they have some self respect. These guys with their pants hanging below their hips with their underwear showing need to get a clue. So do all these girls who have their low cut tops on with their boobs practically hanging out.
To both sexes: Just pull your clothes up. You look like a mess!

But, Bill Cosby says it best and isn't afraid to tell it like it is.
bossip.com...

“We’ve got to lay it out for them,” Cosby said when asked about how to help cut the rate of teen pregnancies in America. “Let’s tell them about life. You’re 14 and having sex. OK. So, what kind of job do you have?”

Cosby, who received a standing ovation when he walked on stage, said the African-American community must get involved if change is going to occur in any area.

“Apathy is strangling you to death,” he said, to rousing applause and a few ‘Amens’ from the crowd.

“Get up. Stay on the scene. Be a studying machine,” he said, drawing from soul singer James Brown’s lyrics.

“We need to start getting into people’s business. We need to say, ‘Hey, I’m your cousin man, I’m your brother, I’m your sister and I don’t care if you don’t talk to me anymore but your teenage daughter ain’t got no business dressing like that!’ Tell them.”

Oh, you gangsta, huh? Yeah, well, there was a time long, long ago when even gangsters dressed to impress. What a bunch of ridiculous jokers we got now wanting to be career criminals and demanding respect.
Do something with yourselves and make your mothers proud!
edit on 24-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join