It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help (precognition & ESP)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I need help from anyone who can offer it. If anyone is coming to this thread to mock people who believe in/posses precognitive abilites or ESP, please don't post.

I am having a very hard time controlling my precognition and my sensing abilities right now. It's to the point where (especially my sensing) is interfering a lot with my life, I'll walk by someone and unintentionally read their emotions. As many people as I interact with in a day, this can prove to really build up my stress level, or emotionally overcharge me to the point of breakdown. I need help from anyone who can give me some good shielding or other techniques that can either temporarily block my abilities, or give me selective usage again.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed kaos. Sometimes I go through this too.
What I've done is instead of blocking the "vibes" I get from people I "feel" of them. I then try to realize that it is THEIR thought and THEIR emotion and I let it go. Don't own their thoughts and feelings and make them your own. They are not yours.
If you want to block them I would recommend focusing on something that is important or pleasant to you at times of the most stress. Sometimes I let a favorite song play in my head. LOL.
Believe it or not that has effectively "blocked".

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I feel ya but I cannot help.

Im working through it myself. Ive become very solitary because of it and when I go out I have to get my mind right. Possible focusing on what I need to get done or my favorite music which works very well.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't know if you can completely block them out but you can dull them. It's sorta like being on the computer and you are aware of the people in the room, just not completely tuned in to them. It takes time to do this. For me, I was well into my 20's.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I'm not a psychic, and although I am experimenting with many things lately, and have experimented with other things in the past, I don't see any evidence of ESP or especially precognition on my part. As best I can tell, I am (thankfully) blind to the future.

However, since I was a teeny tiny little kid, I have been extremely sensitive to the emotions of others. I can say that while that sounds all rosy, it was just awful. It was too much for little me to handle, and I tried to devise ways of blocking the feelings, which ended up being as bad or worse. So much confusion and pain!

I have never been very successful at blocking the "vibes". There's no way to turn it off for me. Thus I tend to avoid big cities and crowds. The constant emotional noise is exhausting, and never ends. These days I live out in the country and life is grand.

The problem with empathy is that you feel other peoples' emotions as if they were your own. In situations where you are surrounded with lots of powerful and especially conflicting emotions, this can be absolutely overwhelming.

You will not want to be around places where people are dying -- the emotions of those being separated by death make me cry just thinking about it. There is no more profound sorrow or impossible joy than that of love which transcends death, and no matter what, it will wrest you to the ground.

The best I can suggest is to make a point of giving yourself privacy at every opportunity.

Distance seems to help, although if your thoughts may turn to a place where there is heavy emotion, even very far away, look out. I recently ran into this with Hurricane Charley, and I still bear scars from other similar misadventures, like accidentally probing Rwanda once (I will never forget that, ever).

Yet all sorts of horrible things happen of which I am blissfully ignorant as long as they are "out of range". Thus the focus of your attention is also likely a factor.

Meditation, relaxation and visualization techniques have become my chicken soup for the soul as of late. They all help in one way or another, and may help direct your attention away from the feelings of others.

For what it�s worth, you are by no means alone or unique in being empathic. Many people are. We all must deal with it in our own way, and achieve varying results.

I hope you may find peace.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thank you to all who posted, the advice is very welcomed. Lately, over the past few weeks, I've made a habit of wearing my headphones when I'm in public to keep my mind focused. I've also been working on sort of trancing out, for lack of a better word, while I'm at work, in an effort to not read others' emotions.

The precognition hasn't been too much of a problem, but I will have precognitive dreams or visions while I'm meditating. If anyone has any idea on how to control that, I would appreciate the help.

Again, I thank you all.

top topics

join