It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driving on the Moon-Apollo 15 (We did go to the Moon!-some of the best footage I ever seen!!!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have to tell you when I first saw the title Driving on the Moon- my heart raced. Hmmmm. Let's see.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b58c3028113.jpg[/atsimg]
The Apollo 15 Lunar Rover and astronaut Irwin, NASA

I went to this site link for this story of Apollo 15 and the lunar rover. I was very impressed with the little animated short video. Great info in there, for example. Did you know that while they were on the Moon for Apollo 15 that they dropped a Hammer and a Feather at the same time? Guess what happened?

So, next to that video is a video of Apollo 15 mission/with a focus on the driving around they did while there (17 Miles worth).

But, the reason I put this up is for all the great video/film that is shown. You will not be disappointed-I assure you. (you'll have to go to the site to watch the videos- it will start off with the animaition, the video and Pics are directly under the Media Player (that played the animation)

Sit back, relax and Learn. I think any nay-sayers will have to say-We Went to the Moon. Enjoy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea6b4d71d0a2.jpg[/atsimg]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69e8361ba8b8.jpg[/atsimg]

The Memorial for Fallen Astronauts
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4a6005b6af7.gif[/atsimg]

A close-up view of a commemorative plaque left on the Moon at the Hadley-Apennine landing site in memory of 14 NASA astronauts and Soviet cosmonauts. Their names are inscribed in alphabetical order on the plaque. The plaque was placed in the lunar soil by astronauts Scott and James Irwin. The tin, manlike object represents the figure of a fallen astronaut/cosmonaut.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8a998897b2d.png[/atsimg]

At the end of the last Apollo 15 moon walk, Commander David Scott (pictured) performed a live demonstration for the television cameras. He held out a geologic hammer and a feather and dropped them at the same time. Because they were essentially in a vacuum, there was no air resistance and the feather fell at the same rate as the hammer, as Galileo had concluded hundreds of years before - all objects released together fall at the same rate regardless of mass. Mission Controller Joe Allen described the demonstration in the "Apollo 15 Preliminary Science Report": So you can drop an elephant and a feather and they too would reach the moon's surface at the same time. Source: www.nasa.gov...

So, what did I tell you. Some pretty good footage and even better additional info (some of which I highlighted).

This piece gave me a new appreciation for NASA and the Apollo missions. I am still learning but it was nice to see the Memorial Plaque and Icon. (I wonder what "they" will think when they find that?)

SO you Moon Landing Debunkers..... did you see anything in the footage that made you go HEY!!!!!!!? I did.

I will wait and see what people write. I actually have 2 things that I want to say HEY!!!!! But, what did you see and what do you think?
edit on 8/9/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hat off for you buddy. Star and flag. Dont get scared when the worst head cases on ATS start attacking you for believing this country really did send astronauts to the moon. Remember these are times of apathy, hopelessness and ignorance.

Good job indeed.
edit on 9-8-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I didn't really see a video of anyone on the moon, more like an animation representation, but the astronaut's voice over was interesting, I mean, just picture walking out of the lander, and looking at the Earth, before, floating in space around, so close, yet so far away... It would have been a wonderful experience

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm not clicking on anything ".gov" thanks. You sound like you wear American flag t-shirts and have ribbons and flag stickers all over your vehicle, yes? Wonderful drivers those people are, love having them in front of me doing half the speed limit, which matches their brain power.

When someone WANTS to believe in something, they will tend to find evidence to support their belief system. Some can't handle a dark truth, even if it's true, they try to somehow make it sound less evil.

If you want to believe we went to the moon TWICE in the last 6 months of 1969, have fun with that. They'll misplace 2.3 TRILLION dollars and announce it on 9-10-01, but the USA certainly can't afford to go back to the moon since then, and the Chinese can't get there till around 2020 with their projections.

The amount of fuel it would have taken to get to the moon & back would require fuel tanks the size of the empire state building on each side of the craft.... according to Werhner Von Braun, but that all changed in a few years all of a sudden.
So many holes in their story, many things seem true, many don't, so we go back and forth with each other, ridiculing each other, while they laugh and sit on their fancy technology keeping us in the dark until it's too late for us to stop their agenda, whatever that may be.

edit on 9-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

It is the video next to the animation-at the source link site:

Please check again. Or maybe you don't have flash working properly.

Link it again. The animation starts to play. But, you can stop it and directly below the vidoe player you will see the Video (and I forgot to mention) Awesome Photographs.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
S&F

The #1 "We didn't go to the moon" argument is "oh my god no stars in the sky" - I just wish people would learn photography before they go down those roads.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
S&F

The #1 "We didn't go to the moon" argument is "oh my god no stars in the sky" - I just wish people would learn photography before they go down those roads.

No, that isn't the #1 argument, more like the 1001th.

What's their excuse now? I have seen some NASA footage that includes stars, it's rare though. Any film maker can capture 1000s of stars through our atmosphere for decades now with a fairly inexpensive camera.
In 2011, NASA still chooses to use my grandparents' home movie camera from the early 1970s for most of their shuttle & ISS missions, and the astronaut space walks are so clear it's ridiculous isn't it? Like watching liquid crystal 3D TV.... wait, it's more like watching scrambled pay channels using a console 1970s TV.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

See, this is exactly what I mean. Of course you can capture stars good sir...at night. Take your camera into a brightly lit stadium with all the lights pointed on you and take pictures of your thousands of stars then?

It all has to do with aperture, exposure time, and the likes. Nothing to do with modern cameras or not.

EDIT: To be clear, the technical aspect of it is this. You are shooting Astronaughts in the sunlight who are wearing white outfits. Your lunar surface is very reflective of the sun. The stars, while bright as or brighter than the sun in many cases (if you were in orbit of them I mean), are smaller points of light due to their distance.

So you close your aperture down. Like when your iris shrinks on your eye when your outside. This limits how much light can get in. You also speed up exposure time, which limits how long light gets recorded to film/chip.

So, the stars simply are washed out by mechanics of photography and NOT 'modern vs old cameras.'
edit on 9-8-2011 by Foxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
wasnt the moon landing a hox

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Unknown

Watch the movie at the link and you tell us.

I watched the whole thing and I have to say it wasn't a hoax. Now, not saying they maybe didn't tell all the truth and maybe put in some stage footage in a place or two but.

When you are watching the video (as I know you will). First you will be amazed by the realizm of it all- IMO.

Then you will see-maybe one or more things that makes your eyes go Hmmmm? Example, about 1/2 way through the video- you'll see one of them toss a case away from the scene. To me, his feet seem REALLY FAST with the recovery. (it is just before the half way mark on the video counter bar).

Now, go watch it and tell me what you think.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Maybe you should take a look that this thread my friend.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let me no what you think.Shows some very good points on why the moon landing is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

SO you Moon Landing Debunkers..... did you see anything in the footage that made you go HEY!!!!!!!? I did. I will wait and see what people write. I actually have 2 things that I want to say HEY!!!!! But, what did you see and what do you think?

What? That the one broom broom has 3 pointy things upward and the other pix only one? and no antena on the astroNOT back?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I dunno, i never questioned it, until i joined this site, but i really am not so sure we even went anymore, there is A Lot of evidence pointing to the contrary. things i can't explain away . like the van allen radiation belt, or the lack of blast craters from the lander. It seems like the tech just wasn't there....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There is only pseudoscience and misunderstanding that points to Apollo moon landing hoax. Or it could be possibly an overwhelming feeling of inferiority, and or the opposite side, delusions of grandeur thinking they figured out something tens and thousands of real life scientist thought they got right. That's really the big one moon hoax believers are just way out there.

Show us YOUR credentials, humm?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by Foxe
S&F

No, that isn't the #1 argument, more like the 1001th.

What's their excuse now? I have seen some NASA footage that includes stars, it's rare though. Any film maker can capture 1000s of stars through our atmosphere for decades now with a fairly inexpensive camera.
In 2011, NASA still chooses to use my grandparents' home movie camera from the early 1970s for most of their shuttle & ISS missions, and the astronaut space walks are so clear it's ridiculous isn't it? Like watching liquid crystal 3D TV.... wait, it's more like watching scrambled pay channels using a console 1970s TV.

Wether you capture stars or not is down to exposure settings and NOT the camera as your obvious lack of knowledge shows.

The Moon is lit by the Sun expose for the surface and stars dont show, expose for the stars guess what the surface is over exposed! Its the same here on earth why dont YOU try it and then SHUT UP!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
this website is going to the dogs. what a shame. some people have clearly given stars to comments before reading all of the comments in the thread.

S+F OP.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The amount of fuel it would have taken to get to the moon & back would require fuel tanks the size of the empire state building on each side of the craft.... according to Werhner Von Braun, but that all changed in a few years all of a sudden.

edit on 9-8-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

Maybe because he forgot that in space there isn't friction... Maybe technology evolved...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I must admit I am surprised the Debunkers didn't hit on this one.

The video must have been too long for them to watch and/or concentrate on.

Too bad as the video is awesome/clear/concise.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxsavagemikexx
I dunno, i never questioned it, until i joined this site,..

So... Every aerospace engineer, astrophysicist, planetary geologist etc. in the world doesn't convince you that we went to the Moon, but basement-dwelling paranoids on an internet conspiracy website sway you to thinking we didn't? I am honestly, genuinely afraid to ask if you are registered to vote.

A Lot of evidence pointing to the contrary...

Please understand the difference between evidence and arguments from ignorance:

- 16mm film of Neil Armstrong with his visor up working in 1/6th G vacuum is evidence that he went to the Moon. This footage exists. Notice how even small foot movements send dust flying a couple of feet. This is proof that he is in low gravity. Notice also that the dust does not billow. This is proof that he is in a vacuum.

- 16mm film of Neil Armstrong doing shots with Teddy Kennedy at a party on Chappaquiddick on July 18, 1969 is evidence that he was not aboard Apollo 11 at that time. To the best of my knowledge, this footage does not exist.

- Saying that the surface of the Moon is 250 degrees F and no suit or portable air conditioner could keep a man alive in that environment is an argument from ignorance. Read this thread to find out why.

...things i can't explain away. [Three arguements from ignorance followed]

This cuts to the crux of the matter:

YOU do not understand it, therefore it is fake.

You do not understand it, therefore it is FAKE??!!

What kind of logic is that?
Do you understand brain surgery? Have you ever seen it done? If not, then do you suspect that it's fake, and all neurosurgeons are liars & frauds?

Do I sound like I'm being rough with you? The evidence says that the men who built & flew Apollo achieved something great - something inspiring and definitive in the history of humankind. If we could do this, what else can we accomplish through perseverence, ingenuity and determination? The arguments from ignorance suggest that these heroes are liars and frauds - and that there is no hope for humanity to solve seemingly insurmountable problems.

I don't buy that. I'd rather follow evidence than somebody's ignorance and pessimism.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Great video, thanks for posting OP! (SnF)
Given the state of film special effects in the late 60's/early 70's doesn't seem to likely they could have so fluidly faked the lunar soil kicked up by the wheels of the lunar rover in a low-g environment.

ETA:
not to compete with your link OP but here's a youtube video of the lunar rover (hundreds more at youtube)

edit on 9-8-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join