It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Londoners and riot affected areas (our updates)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
All you folks over there be careful.
Keep your eyes open and a cricket bat close to hand, just in case.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
All you folks over there be careful.
Keep your eyes open and a cricket bat close to hand, just in case.

Good luck.

of course, that that is our preferred choice of weapon here old chap... nice one

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by asala

I feel for you folks out there who have had their towns destroyed by ignorant fools.

If you want to riot against elite rule, do so on their property and in their faces

do not destroy your own community

anyone who does so is a traitor to their own people and should be shot dead in the streets

stay safe, brits

Exactly! Take it to the scumbag elitists! Don't eff up your own neighborhood and the livelihood of your neighbors! That isn't going to get ANYONE ANYWHERE and won't help ANY cause at all. Learn a lesson from the ignorant 'rioters' from the LA Riots. They burned down their own neighborhoods and their own stores! What will that achieve!? NOTHING!

Take it to Buckingham Palace, 10 Downing Street, etc. etc. etc. That's where a true REVOLUTION needs to take place! Not in Brixton or any other place that is already in NEED. Idiots rioting and looting in the wrong places is mindless violence, not true REVOLUTION or ANARCHY! Wake up people! Take it to the elitists, not your own people!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by asala

Camden is all back to normal today after last nights disturbance, the only casualties seem to have been 3 phone shops, a bike shop a dominoes pizza

Not sure what the word is about tonight, will have to go check
edit on 9-8-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Not to sound like a jerk but in a way that's a lil funny...Gota grab a phone to communicate with the mobs, then a bike to get there, but not on an empty stomach.

Deebo

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicspace

This is not a revolution, its mindless violence and looting. I'm in wolverhampton and the place is getting trashed. Things have gone quiet for now.

Theres no need to revolt, the police are doing a fine job and should get the respect they deserve. But instead there mocked and disrespected, there powers have been stripped by the real traitors.

There rioters are dole dossin scum, destroying innocent peoples homes and workplace, and last But not least there biting the hand that feeds there worthless selves.

Rant over

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Who would of thought? The kids would take over? Me!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
For anyone who lives up near me:

Greater Manchester’s Assistant Chief Constable Terry Sweeney moved to calm fears of “copycat” riots in Wigan after an online group calling for a repeat of the violence and looting which has swept the country was reportedly removed from Facebook

‘Back the police’ call amid rioting chaos

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicspace

Agreed. Until they take it to the top, they are only hurting themselves.

My thanks and respect to all those in London and the home counties. I don't live there, but I have life-long friends there whom I love and miss. I haven't been back since 04, but I have a great love for the place and the people.

Thank you for this thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yeah, for GODS sake take it to the government property, dont take it out on your fellow citizens or their property

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well overnight was not to bad, there was plenty of police around, Trouble did start but as the public also helped with a group of 100 youths who decided to have a go, it ended pretty swift with only a few cars smashed,

People in my area are now not standing back, groups of men went out with bats and patrolled our streets themselves,

as soon as the youths got of the train they where pushed back on!! 13 youths where arrested when caught trying to set fires but again public and the police acted together and stopped it, the youths where dispelled and the night ended with out to much drama,

Hopefully tonight will be trouble free too,

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Glad to hear that asala. It was quiet in Camden too, but the police presence was HUGE, one or two on more or less every corner.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Hi neighbour and thanks for that, there were so many things going around last night, it was a worry.

I will be glad when the peaceful protests start so that we can do something about the situation in Britain.

The clean up crews in London, Manc etc are a great sign that our communities can come together. We need to use the momentum to affect change together before the gov starts forcing divisive issues again.

Seems to be quite a few of us from this area on ATS, no coincidence there! Were no fools.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
To east Londoners is it safe for me to walk through Clapton and Hackney to get to my friends house. I don't want to end up being stripped to my pants and have my clothes taken off me at knife point.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

lol well its never safe there
but with the riots just be cautious and keep updated if there's gatherings happening,
Should be ok but just be very careful if you see crowds,
edit on 10-8-2011 by asala because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Is anyone in the loughborough area? How are things there?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Latest twitter activity seems to indicate Hammersmith as a new target.
Reliability of twitter reports is not that high in my opinion though

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Latest twitter activity seems to indicate Hammersmith as a new target.
Reliability of twitter reports is not that high in my opinion though

Yeah, I'm thinking the targeting in London is over. Since the massive police presence, it has been eerily quiet.
In fact, last night was the quietest night I've had in West London.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I work in Hackney, and we were supposed to be having a work softball tournament in London Fields park tomorrow night.

The decision was taken that 50 of us, with baseball bats, in that park, in this climate, was probably not a good idea, so it's been postponed.

I wouldn't have minded - at least we could have been some use if there were riots around Hackney again.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hertfordshire has not seen widespread criminal disorder as experienced elsewhere in the country . We saw some small groups of young people gathering in Watford and St Albans last night and these were quickly dispersed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join