It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Londoners and riot affected areas (our updates)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
West Midlands Police confirm some disorder in Wolverhampton City Centre

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Broadmead in Bristol, main shopping area in the center shops being boarded up as we speak in anticipation of more trouble tonight

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
BBC Radio Manchester outside broadcast car now on fire, station says

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

yep Wolverhampton here, police helicopters been around since i got back from work at 6 pm tonight, also been working in West Brom today and the main road has been closed off.

icanseeatoms.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Also an unconfirmed report from a friend that Worcester will be affected

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Sainsbury in Sydenham broken into last night and all TVs gone.

All cars on the 3 garage forecourts through Bromley and Downham (North Kent/SE London) have been taken off and put in storage.
My partner said he heard Gillingham has kicked off. I can't confirm but that is the first report of something in Kent.

This is starting to cause problems, as my sister phoned from Sydenham area and said all pet shops are closed and she has run out of rabbit food. Petrol stations are shut too, so she can't get petrol meaning she can't drive out to Kent to get petrol. I hate these teenagers, selfish morons.
I overheard today my next door neighbour has been to the Croydon area and although I don't think he was involved, he was impressed with the looting. Figures.

I wondered how TPTB were going to make our lives miserable in England. They are going to starve us to death with rioters and the subsequent shut-up shops.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Its sad but some lessons to be learned, i think one that im glad i decided was when the riots first started i went out and got food and animal food also some first aid bits i was running low on,

Its always best to be prepared that something may just get out of hand like this has,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

You would have thought the people of UK would have at least learnt something by now, and im talking of TPTB.

Unemployement, rising prices, rising bills, lack of money, lack of future, the list goes on and on, im not turning your thread into a political debate so rant over, sorry , carry on.

icanseeatoms.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I think this could count as a SHTF situation for those living in affected ares - probably not wise to pop out for a 4 pack after dark!

Probably a wise move to do as you have done and get in a few essentials in case the situation gets worse and spreads to other urban areas.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
LONDON // Buses being diverted away from Central Parade in New Addington, "definitely tension there" - LBC Radio

Ican- use the Londons burning thread for your opinion on whats right or wrong, imsure your thoughts will be welcome,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I hope it all calms down tonight for you folks Asala.
Well done sensing the need to go out and get supplies/animal food before it really got going BTW.
It pays to be prepared-Those folks over at our beloved ATS survival forum have taught me a wealth of info on that subject over the years.
Wishing you a peaceful evening from Wales.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanks xx Its starting to kick of here a little, small so far but seems to be growing abit, looks like its going to be an interesting night

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
theres still humour in us brits

1 shop in birmingham has put up a notice saying

SHOP ALREADY LOOTED
NOTHING LEFT

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
70 men in enfeid protecting the neighbourhood, and also the guys here are doing the same,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Quiet here in west London, and friends in Elephant and Castle, and Brockley are reporting quiet, too.
I don't think London is going to see much trouble tonight.

link   

Originally posted by asala
Is anyone elses internet gone really slow? Mine is like a snail right now.

my internet has been terrible all night.. has disconnected many times aswell..

i was in kingsbury today and what happened last night, although there was no trouble in the area, two jewelry shops were robbed. the shutters were ripped off and windows smashed. one was completely cleaned out.
(i saw forensics on the scene, so it looks like police were on it..)

I imagine this kind of thing would have happened all over london last night. i think once the looting and confusion has finished and the data has been collected, we are gonna be shocked when if we ever see it.. (also keeping in mind the amount of insurance "jobs" will have been done)

just wanted to add, they also had a police presence from around 3.00 and all the shops had shutters half way or closed over the windows. i guess they were expecting some trouble.
edit on 9/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

updating your link ... it is no longer updated with current info ... verified riot map

link   
hi
so far the tally stands at
111 officers and 5 police dogs injured

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Sthelens retail estate - curry's has been attacked, possibly looted.

More info to follow.

EDIT: Possibly not true , sorry.
edit on 9-8-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Hit you a star for the reply and being correct, yes I was born in the year of 88 but I can remember sometings (troubles) from my childhood and the things that I dident experience I was taught at college so these sorts of things would never happen again.

The troubles are nearly all gone, my drinking party for most weekends encludes friends from both religions instead of us killing each other over our pasts we all sit around the table taking the # out of each other. Makes for better banter =)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join