It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Londoners and riot affected areas (our updates)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by asala

70000 football fans are gonna be peeeed
are they gona join the rioting
this is not going to go away quietly

I was thinking that Dave.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Liverpool, Manchester, Wigan, Sthelens, warrington - all rumoured to be hit next

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

I am thinking there are loads of threads about these riots up and down England maybe The owners might give it its own forum. Borris Johnstone was booed and heckled, teresa may walked away.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Or just merge all the threads together. The Londons Burning thread is 102 pages long and will be the best place for updates tonight as it has been for the last few nights.

Might aswell merge everything with that and change the title to "Englands Burning"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This thread is for those of us who are in the areas affected, A role call in some respects so our info does not get lost,

And hopefully if trouble kicks of we can alert people to where we are in case of extra help needed,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Is listening to that link, you provided, that guy talking over the radio is hilarious.

Breaking News: George Osborne is cutting his holiday to return to the UK, about flipping time!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I dont see the point in sending the police into London tonight to swell the ranks, this will leave other areas with little cover and as we seen with last night its now spreading to other areas of England.

The smart thing to do would be to borrow the 3 water cannons from Northern Ireland for 3 days since we dont have any prominent parades for at least 2 weeks.

Give the police baton rounds and tear gas also. This is a diffrent type of crowd the police are dealing with comapred to the marches back in June over the student fees. This crowed is looking to do damage and as much as possible so the usual tatics of ketteling will only cause unnecessary casualities to the police.

In my honest opinion let the police roam the capitol with the baton rounds and tear gas to disperse the crowds and if that doesent work send in the water cannon to give em a shower.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The boarding up has begun in my town,

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e55f006c1e15.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
North Greenwich (South East London)

Police helicopter circling around what looks like the other end of Greenwich/New Cross direction. No confirmation of any disturbances or unrest at this moment. Persoanlly, I'd be shocked if we saw the same level of violence with every Met Officer on duty, that would bring in the question of just how inefficient is the capitals police force? Also don't forget, that doesn't include City and Transport Police numbers which collectively would be at least 2000 officers!
edit on 9-8-2011 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

But didn't that just bring about " internment" " hunger strikes" " no go areas" (ghettos) " The emergency provisions act 1976" ?.. Just saying Mr Mc clean. and in my opinion an epic fail on peoples liberties, Just dont go down that road people, Trust me it don't work..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS In the last hour several shop windows have been smashed in West Bromwich. Up to 200 youths in hoodies have been seen on the streets and police have now pushed the crowd to one side.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone

But didn't that just bring about " internment" " hunger strikes" " no go areas" (ghettos) " The emergency provisions act 1976" ?.. Just saying Mr Mc clean. and in my opinion an epic fail on peoples liberties, Just dont go down that road people, Trust me it don't work..

Im not advocating internment in my post anywhere im for liberty in any form, the hunger strikes came about because the IRA soilders where wanting to be recognised with being political prisoners and have all the priviliges that comes with being a POW. Police will go into any area in Northern Ireland they just do it in the Big landrovers, they may not like certian areas but they still police them.

What im talking about is dispersal measures that work over here during the marching season. Im not talking about cracking a few heads im talking about 'shock and awe' show them you have the force to quash their mindless looting at a moments notice and this will make the little thugs think twice about kicking off.

Please dont mistake my posts about Northern Irelands past as I have nice qualifications in Sociolology, Goverment & Politics and History all focused around 'are we country'. And can quite happily disregard mindless comments about our past.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Salford Shopping Centre Greater Manchester
has been smashed up ... 100`s of youths gathering and riot control vans deploying.
Salford Trinity Way other trouble brewing with more police and helicopter deploying
This has been going on for over 2 hours no BBC or Sky Coverage at all

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by robertauthor

This is exactly what i was talking about in my last post, if you draw all your troops into the capital and leave a skelton crew in other cities they will be easy pickings for the looters.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

At a guess i would say you are post "troubles" born, Me I'm an "old an bold" been there seen it done it, never want to see it happen again, there where "running lights" areas, there was constant military and police observations 24/7 for 35 long miserable years and no one really won. This is what happens when you use the strong arm "shock and awe" tactics for internal policing, My advice would be to get the aggrieved parties around the table and discuss all issues,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I dont know much about whats going on, but from my understanding is a drug dealer got shot and killed by Police and all the black youth are Looting, Rioting, Burning and now killing. This needs to end to had UK has gun ban all this could change. Call in the police and Army put a stomping on this quick.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
LBC Radio reporting fresh public disorder in East Ham area of London, roads closed in the area

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hi asala,

All the areas near to where I live have been done (islington,north london) my local shopping area has been closed all shops shut early, quite alot of officers walking round talking to business owners etc.. keep hearing sirens, so I am assuming its gonna come here at some point.

will keep you all updated if I see or hear anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Remember that this thread is to keep up to date with ATS members in the affected areas, personal reporting i guess,

the thread for giving your views on whats right or wrong about this whole matter is here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think the riots are due to anger of all the recent events
in the UK all domestic fuel prices have risen
Fuel has risen
Poverty widespread and mass unemployment
This reported on the BBC but soon hushed up :
Two girls who took part in Monday night’s riots in Croydon have boasted that they were showing police and “the rich” that “we can do what we want”.

www.prisonplanet.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join