It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Tsunami from the interior of vehicle (Translated)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is not for the faint hearted. It's not gruesome, just very very sad.
This footage of the Japan EQ and subsequent tsunami was recorded on an on board dashboard camera which was recently recovered alomg with the gentleman's body. He was a delivery driver heading AWAY from the coast when the EQ and following tsunami hit.

www.koreus.com...

Rainbows
Jane
edit on 9-8-2011 by angelchemuel because: Sorry, forgot the link!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Horrifying footage. My heart goes out to that nation.

Though I couldn't help myself...

I had to laugh when the person went back to shut the door to their car after they abandoned it because of the flood coming in.

What were they thinking? They run away (good thinking) then turn around, come back and shut their car door? Shock can make people act crazy.
edit on 9-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: spelling

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The end of the footage when he is backed into what looks like a cargo container
was realy frightening
poor guy.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That video gave me the chills. I can't imagine!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
When the water started rushing into them, how confused, desperate, and afraid they all must have been. Its heart breaking to see this.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Stunning footage. The speed with which the water came in and took over is incredible.

Always there is the "what if" that runs thru one's mind. What if, he got out and ran for high ground as soon as he saw the water coming in? What if he tried climbing that tree? What if he got out and clung to some of that floating debris?

What would I do in the spur of the moment? Would I worry about my vehicle and goods, or my life? I am heart broken for the millions who faced this dilemna and lost their life anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Comletely agree with you. Cant believe how fast the water level rose. If it was me i would of ran for that building to the left as soon as i seen the water.

And if i had chosen to do so, i would probably of been caught up in it...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thank you all for your comments. The film certainly got all kinds of emotions going in me. As soon as it records the EQ....I thought my God how scarry is that.....then it just got worse. I have to admit i had a sad smile on my face when that man went back to shut his car door! The things we do when we panic. Then I thought well right get to that big building and get as high up as you can, then I remembered how all those buildings just got wiped out.

I have to say I felt it was important to get this film out here, but at the same time it makes me soooo sad reading all your comments. We are watching somebody's last moments of life here, through his eyes so to speak. It is heartbreaking. And their woes were just beginning.........and nobody lifted a finger to help even though the international comunity were told to butt out....I think the Japanese pride will wish they hadn't.

Rainbows
jane

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
this video is mind melting! it seems to me that as long as the car doesn't go under, your fairly safe. I felt like the guy who was riding the top of his car had the right idea, then if you get close enough to a building or something safe, you could just leap off. still I can't imagine what must going through someones mind at a time like this.....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Oh...It looks like he planned to stay in his car and possibly get out at the appropiate time??? I don't know I hear the voice in the background and he is very very calm so i'm assuming he was formulating a plan before the shtf near the end.
Sad way to go.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Although this is tragic and i feel for the japanese people what is the point of flagging this thread?

I do not understand.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

I guess the flags are a bit like people wearing poppies on Armistice Day in the UK. A flag for each of the Japanese that died on the 11th March.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
reply to post by vermonster

I guess the flags are a bit like people wearing poppies on Armistice Day in the UK. A flag for each of the Japanese that died on the 11th March.

Rainbows
Jane

Also its sort of an example in methods of survival and why staying in your car won't work during a tsunami. There seemed to be at least 2 other people in their cars the man in the van and what looked like a woman in a pink shirt in a honda. This might have worked if the tsunami wasn't so furious...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ahh yes, I move to a third world country and pay first world prices for my crappy internet speed,...NICE!
So I can not watch any video that is not on youtube.

Since I don't know what is happening I'll just say, if there were people inside I hope they survived.
I'm not trying to rant about not getting to see someones misfortune just my internet failing me altogether. Sigh

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Don't supose it will take long for this to get on You Tube. But if it's any conselation....at least you wont get sad if you can't see it.

Rainbows
Jane

PS maybe somebody here has a You Tube account and can post it?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

The video is what a dash cam on a delivery van recorded live. At first there is just driving thru city streets and traffic. Then there is the earthquake and the driver stops for a bit. We see a pedestrian struggle to stay upright. When its over the driver moves on but quickly we see water gushing from a cross street up ahead and things and vehicles floating.

Very quickly the water enters the driver's street, surrounding the vehicle before it begins to float around with the current. This lasts for awhile making it seems like the driver will survive. Then suddenly the van is knocked under the water and the scene darkens.

The video was later retrieved along with the driver's body.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I begin to wonder what I would of done in a similiar situation.... Do you get out immidiately and run for cover not knowing where the water is coming from (clip showed it coming from multiples streets)? Or wait it out in the car? Or how about that person who climbed onto their minivan once the water took over the area? Either way, its a terrifying, sad event that happened and its almost impossible to figure out how you'd react if you were tossed into an event like that...

new topics

top topics

join