It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive X6.9 Solar Flare - record magnitude for SC24...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Reported from SolarHam

The largest solar flare of Cycle 24 just took place at 08:05 UTC and it registered a whopping X6.9. The source was Sunspot 1263 which is nearing the Western Limb. Because of its location, any large explosions may not be fully earth directed. When watching new video images from the STEREO website, it appears the CME (although bright), is less intense than the one caused by the M9.3 flare from last week. A minor S1 Radiation Storm is in progress.

Stay tuned to SolarHam.com for the most up to date solar information on the internet.

UPDATE: The latest Lasco C2 movie shows the Coronal Mass Ejection caused by the X6.9 Solar Flare. It looks like a majority of the blast is not earth directed and at the same time you can see Protons racing past the onboard satellite camera.

______

Note the last few days we had three major flares:

Yahoo news

Note the timing of the rising solar activity with the new riots in London that are spreading across the UK, again pointing to the obvious link between rapidly changing solar activity and civil unrest.

Just like in the Mid East at the beginning of the year. Looks like there is an interesting time ahead of us.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It was interesting to see the data this morning, certainly a big one, but nothing compared to the X28+ of last decade... Looking over some of the timeline of some of the bigger flares, it seems apparent something massive could well occur over the next strong solar maximum. Just a question of whether it will be pointed toward Earth
But yes - interesting - and I think it's one of the only X class flares this year isn't it?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
It was interesting to see the data this morning, certainly a big one, but nothing compared to the X28+ of last decade... Looking over some of the timeline of some of the bigger flares, it seems apparent something massive could well occur over the next strong solar maximum. Just a question of whether it will be pointed toward Earth
But yes - interesting - and I think it's one of the only X class flares this year isn't it?

Exactly and the thing is that there is a science report(do not find it right now) about the connection between changing solar activity and wars etc. Since we have had almost zero solar activity for a long period these flares are a huge change. The derivative(speed of the change) of the solar activity is extremely big so that should mean something as reflected in the human mind activity and perhaps also earthquakes etc... When and where, I have no clue.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There's been 3 or 4 X-Class flares this year.
Higher % than normal.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

I think it's the third this year if i am not mistaken.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Based on currently available LASCO imagery the CME developed into a full halo. The CME could impact Earth on August 11 and cause unsettled to active conditions with a chance of minor storm intervals.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

This is impressive video of it: Space.com

top topics

join