It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone on Earth has Alien Parts - says NASA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

They aren't talking about strands of DNA here, they're talking about the building blocks of DNA.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

misleading title, We may have been seeded from space but we evolved our "parts" on terrafirm.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 9-8-2011 by FaithNoMore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I can stop worrying about this tentacle growing from my back? whew

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FaithNoMore

Surely though if we evolved from the DNA we'd still look the same no matter where we were grown?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I thought it's been long known that all the building blocks of life came from deep space, meteor hits Earth "infecting" the perfect sustainable planet with life. Am I missing something? I mean this doesn't necessarily mean there is other life out there, but I was always sure if this planet got infected I was sure another planet with the right conditions would also get infected. But what I don't understand is how DNA is formed without blood and an organism to form it. That means we really have no clue what DNA really is, may it in fact BE an intelligent life form in itself?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I thought it's been long known that all the building blocks of life came from deep space, meteor hits Earth "infecting" the perfect sustainable planet with life. Am I missing something?
It was simply a theory that the building blocks of life came from deep space. And we don't even know they came from deep, there are other possibilities.

I mean this doesn't necessarily mean there is other life out there, but I was always sure if this planet got infected I was sure another planet with the right conditions would also get infected.
It doesn't mean 100% life exists elsewhere, but it does increase the odds dramatically.

But what I don't understand is how DNA is formed without blood and an organism to form it. That means we really have no clue what DNA really is, may it in fact BE an intelligent life form in itself?
It isn't DNA, it's the building blocks of DNA.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Ah , now , theres a difference between the DNA coming from space, which is not being suggested, and the building blocks FOR that DNA coming from somewhere in space, which is being seriously considered.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I said this a long time ago..... way before NASA said anything about the possibility of it....

Damn.... i should have gone to study Science then i may be at NASA too.....

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Tbh I think it's been the theory of many a scifi novel throughout the years as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join