It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our spirits will not be crushed - volunteers assisting police, councils - post-riot (UK)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Since the horrors of last night are no doubt still ringing in the ears of all the viewers - many people are now homeless, jobless, hospitalized, injured, afraid...

I thought i'd show you a nice video and some links of how we are dealing with this mess.

www.youtube.com...

--

Volunteer clean up squads are now taking to London, Liverpool, Bristol, etc - assisting the council with the cleaning, applauding the police and fire services for putting themselves in harms way and generally being decent citizens. This is the Britain I know and love. These scum rioters won't destroy our spirit.

Images of looters - with the public being asked to identify the trouble makers

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

www.londonrioters.co.uk...
edit on 9-8-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Nice to hear it's returning to normal over there.

Hope you guys don't have many more like that in the future.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Found this little gem mr-lizard, from Arrse.co.uk. "Major"

Identify the social media means by which this is spreading. Close, suppress or subvert those means, be they web or text messaging, or bongo drums.

Use counterintelligence to pinpoint potential troublemakers and neutralise them (with thanks to RATM)

Insert subliminal messages into selected media that turns them all into zombies/goths (same difference).

Put mogadon into the water supply.

Cancel the Nottingham Hill Carnival and threaten more...

Pray for rain. They don't like rain....

This should save quit afew pennies,

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

My heart and prayers go out to you all in England. The rioting, looting, fires and all the harm the people involved did do...as we all know...is wrong, wrong, wrong.....and did no good for anyone or anything.

The fact that many.many people are banding together....and reclaiming their cities and property....giving to each other moral support and love...paves the way...for the road to healing and restoration.

I am hoping that in the future....people will find ways to band together and lawfully make their points, without harming other people and their property.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Way to go London! These are the English in the way we know them, and whom we have emulated in so many ways. Not going to let a gang of greedy and jealous thugs change you.

I hope they are all apprehended, and pay dearly for this disruption and destruction.

Buncha ignorant hoodlums.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This shows the true opinion of the majority of people in England.

The hard working, honest people who do not believe that they are entitled to everything.

The chip on their shoulder - 'Alright brav, wagwan fam' idiots will not win. Vigilante justice is on it's way soon rioters.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
www.flickr.com...

They say a picture is worth a thousand words?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Not many black faces in the clean up.

Sorry if i offend anyone, but very pi$$ed off with certain people in my community today.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Get over yourselves.

If these "hard working" people gave a damn about their liberties and actually living a life outside of government control and conformity, then you wouldn't have to have riots from the young people.

Don't blame these young people for not wanting to be a part of the system that the last generation so willingly laid down for, and continues to unquestionably accept. This is the status quo. Times are changing. You can expect to see this more in the UK as well as other countries, and until people decide to open their mouths and stand up and be heard, this is what you get.

These 'volunteers' and 'victims' need only to look in the mirror to find someone to blame.

top topics

join